Blossoming Fates

Backyard Barbeque

I tied the floral patterned halter style bathing suit top around my neck and quickly clasped the back straps. I was already wearing the plain solid black colored string bikini bottoms. Currently I stood in front of my mirror that was located in the corner of my bedroom. It was floor length and I could see my whole body. I smiled at my reflection thinking I already looked good. The doctor had said it’d be a few more weeks before seeing any visible bump. I scrunched up my nose at the idea but then I laughed because I was going to have either a baby boy or girl in my arms in a little less than seven months. I walked away from the mirror and back towards my dark colored dresser. I pulled the bottom drawer out and skimmed through my various shorts before slipping into a pair that covered my bikini bottoms. Then I searched for a tank top or tee shirt to through over top of me. I tapped my index finger to my chin while trying to think of an item I would like to wear. I grin widely when I finally figured out the white shirt with Jack the Skelton’s face on it that has text written in black saying ‘I’m your nightmare’ on the white tee shirt. Zacky was going to love this shirt.

Inside the bathroom I collect all of my curly hair up in a bun on the top of my head then after wrapping a simple black and white bandana into a headband I tie it onto my head so it keeps my bangs out of my eyes for the day. While I’m in the midst of applying my favorite pink lipstick I hear the timer go off from in the kitchen. I hummed some of Zacky’s song because I had finally done my research on the band and downloaded some of their music and put it on my Ipod.

“Delicious,” I say to myself as I breathe in the alluring scent of my homemade vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry cupcakes.

I pulled the three trays, each containing six cupcakes, out of the oven and placed the hot trays on my countertops. I had already premade my sweet and bright colored cream cheese frosting. I always had a tendency of baking things and bringing them with me to any place I was visiting for a get together. My mother had drilled that into my mind. Presentation was everything. I didn’t mind believing that though because in the situation it was very true. I was going to meet Zacky’s friends, I felt very much like I was just tagging along even if Zack had assured me that Matt, who was throwing the barbeque, invited me to come with.

I sighed but my smile stayed on my face. I stood back in front of my bathroom mirror trying to decide if I needed to do anything else to my face with my makeup. I curl my eyelashes and dash on a quick thing of waterproof mascara before putting everything away and spritzing on my vanilla perfume. Zack loved this scent the most and I found myself turning to it more often these days. I brush my hands down my shirt when there’s a knock on my door. I smiled wide knowing it was Zacky because he was picking me up and driving me to Matt’s house to meet everyone.

“Whatever you’re making it smells fantastic.” Zacky compliments after saying hello and hugging me gently.

“I made cupcakes to bring to the barbeque.” I admit shyly and it causes Zack to laugh at me.

“My friends are going to adore you, Em.” He confirms and some of my nerves wash away.

Zack and I walk into the kitchen where I take out the frosting. I decide to use the blue first as Zack watches where he sits on the bar stool at my small bar in front of me where I work on my cupcakes. I frost four blue before shifting to yellow. I quickly begin humming one of my newly downloaded songs but soon decide not to hum it because I still was afraid Zacky may think I’m simply talking to him because he’s the famous Zacky Vengeance. There was really noting vengeful about Zack so I had to ask where in the world he had gotten his stage name. I was shocked to hear that Zack had actually had problems with people when he attended high school and he wanted ‘revenge’ by being in a famous band. I simply shook my head laughing at him and telling him that he really stuck it to them.

Shortly after I had a varied assortment of different colored cupcakes Zack and I were on our way to Matt’s place. I was a bit nervous but Zack always caught on and reassure me that there was nothing to fear. He claimed they were regular people and weren’t rich and stuck up. He told me he and his friends were still level-headed and liked to hang around and drink their beer. I nodded my head and told myself to calm down because soon we were pulling up to a nice two storied home. It had cars already parked outside of it and really did seem rather low key for a bunch of rock stars. Zack helped me carry the cupcakes into Matt’s house and we set them down on the table before he opened the sliding glass door that led out to the patio. Zack picked up his tray of cupcakes and then placed them on the patio table which was covered in various barbeque foods.

“Hey Matt,” Zack yelled and it got more than just Matt’s attention

“Hey man,” Matt shouted back towards Zack quickly before turning back to his grill.

Zack walked out from underneath the shaded area and into the heat and sunlight where other people sat. There were four girls in all, at the moment two laid out on lounge chair and the other was in the pool. There was a guy in the pool as well with the girl. Zack introduced me to everyone and I wasn’t as bit overwhelmed anymore. Matt was taller and had a more defined muscular build than the other guys and he was currently engaged to Val who was one of the girls lying out. She was very sweet and bubbly it made me think her platinum blonde hair matched her personality. Johnny was the shortest of the guys but he was muscular none of the less and Lacey was shorter as well with shoulder length brown hair. Both of the couples seemed super nice and the girls were someone I could really get along with. I turned to smile at Zacky brightly.

I was finally introduced to Michelle, Val’s twin sister. Michelle explained that a guy named Brian had gone out to get some ice. I smiled and nodded my head in understanding and let the two sisters go back to talking. However, a few minutes later there was a crash and we all turned to a wide eyed man, who I assume was the other band member, but he looked very familiar.

“Emilee,” He questioned as if he knew me from somewhere but it seemed more in fear.

“How do you know Lee, Syn?” Zacky asked and suddenly I knew why this man seemed so familiar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe <3
--Lindsey Ann