Blossoming Fates

Sinister with a 'y'

I stood shocked once I realized Brain was the Brian I had hooked up with after the bar. The man who really only wanted to get in my pants. The same man who was a close friend of the guy I had started falling for. This man was the father of the baby that I was carrying. This supposed sinister with a ‘y’ was going to be a dad. I looked to Zacky who stood a few inches in front of me starring at Brian closely before he himself realized how we knew each other. He turned back to look at me with a need to know and I could only nod my head. In a matter of seconds Zacky lunged at Brian and punched him once in the face. I screamed at Zacky to stop and he did listen to me with an angered Brian. An angry Brian was worse than an angry Zack because now Zack wasn’t defending himself and Brian threw a punch. Matt intervened as well as Johnny.

“What do you just like her or something?” Brian snapped at Zacky who had an arm wrapped around my waist.

“I hit you because you got her pregnant!” Zack seethed and I pushed away from him

“No,” Brian trailed off looking between Zacky and me.

I felt the tears brim on the edge of my eyes because Zacky had done an awful thing by announcing that I was pregnant not only because of a one night stand. My hands shook in both rage and hurt when I heard Michelle ask if this was some kind of a joke. I had heard that Brian and Michelle were an on again off again couple. Matt let go of Brian who seemed almost frozen. Val looked at me and I knew that her facial expression of shocked and confusion would match everyone else’s. I quickly tore my gaze away and bring my eyes to the floor. I can’t focus on anything except the fact that I was now some sort of trashy slut.

I walked away from the group of long-time friends knowing that right now my presence wasn’t needed any longer. I just excuse myself and head into the house. I walk into the kitchen and can hear everyone talking and Michelle screeching a bit. I expected her to freak out. She deserved to be angry and hurt by her Brian’s actions. I turned the water faucet on and cupped my hands together collecting the water and bringing it up to my face.

“I know it seems crazy, but I still really like you, Emilee.” I hear off the side where Lacey now stood with her arms crossed across her chest smiling a bright smile at me.

I smile at her, “Thanks, but I don’t think I’ll be around again.” I admit honestly looking at the group of people outside.

“Well of course you will be.” Johnny says as he walks inside the house, “That’s Brian’s kid and even if he doesn’t take claim to it being his I would like to know that my niece or nephew will still know us.” He says seriously

I nod my head and ask where the bathroom is because I can feel a brief account of morning sickness rise up. Lacey shows me where before heading back to the patio where Johnny had left to back to. I sat crouched in front of the clean white porcelain toilet as I dry heaved for a few minutes after the feeling of throwing up passes. The quietness was nice for someone who had been announced as a whore that slept with men when drunk. I was afraid that now Zacky may look at me differently. I can honestly say I had no idea that Brian was famous. I was just drunk and he was there. It could’ve been anyone. The thought passes through my brain and I wince at the idea of me being that easy.

Zacky would grow worried if I hid any longer and I descended down the stairs and back to the kitchen. I am nervous as to what everyone will say but I had to face them sooner or later. I walked onto the patio still standing far away from the circled friends. They all look at me and I can see Michelle and Val give me a hardened look. Brian still seemed shocked and was probably denying the whole thing. Zack looked apologetic and the rest well they just seemed understanding and sympathetic towards me. I walked proudly to the grouped friends before opening my mouth to speak my words.

“I had no idea who Brian was. I didn’t even know of the band at all.” I explain looking at them and I can see in Michelle’s eyes that she seems to find my sincerity and quickly looks angered at Brian.

“How could you be pregnant?” Brian asks me as he has a difficulty looking at me in the eyes.

“We must’ve not used protection.” I gave my best guess because that night was still unclear.

“She’s keeping it Gates,” I hear Zacky clear his voice and Brian looks back at me horrified

He tries reasoning with me that keeping a child would ruin both his and my own reputation. I shrugged not really caring at this point. I wanted this baby more than ever. I told him he didn’t need to be a part of the child’s life at all, but everyone else claimed he had to be. Michelle even said that he had to do the right thing. They all started warming up to me again but I was still hesitant to let my guard down just yet. I wanted to make sure there were no hard feelings anywhere.

Matt seemed to get the idea I had been thinking and asked if everything was settled and worked out for now. They all seemed to get their heads back on their shoulders and soon were back to holding a civil conversation with me. I was shocked because as far as I was concerned they thought I was lying manipulative whore that saw an exit route for giving my child a poor life. They didn’t know my job occupation, or my income. They didn’t know anything about me but because Zack had backed me up effortlessly and probably told them about me they seemed to open their arms again.

“Another thing Emilee,” I hear Johnny whisper to me once everyone seems to go back to how they were before Zack had announced my current state, “You can’t leave because you make Zack happy.” He says finally before offering a smile and running back towards the pool.

I look over at the raven haired man whose eyes seemed greener than ever today. He had taken his shirt off and was getting ready to jump into the pool. I laughed when instead Brian had shoved him in the pool. I had never met such people before. Who would’ve guessed my child’s father spelt sinister with a ‘y’.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Whoa so this tropical storm/hurricane Isaac kept me home from my senior year today which means more writing to be done.
Do you think Brian and Emilee should try a relationship or Zacky and Emilee?
--Lindsey Ann