Blossoming Fates

Comfortable

Zacky took a seat on a chair that was actually semi-comforting here inside the hospital. I stepped up next to Kylie’s head before leaning down and embracing her in a soft hug before quickly pulling away. She didn’t have to try to be okay for my benefit. She knew this because of how often I came here to see her. I had made it clear that there was no need for faking happiness. I smiled at her nodding my head and her smile drooped as well as her head fell back against the pillow.

“Is this the mysterious Zack that you didn’t know his last name?” She asked me smirking up at me

“Yeah this is Zacky,” I chimed happily “His last name is Baker by the way.” I retorted

“From Avenged Sevenfold?” She asked as her eyes widening

“That would be me,” I hear Zack comment from his seat, “It’s nice to meet you, Kylie.”

Kylie blushes madly and Zack chuckles at my sister’s reaction towards him. She quickly smiled brightly over at him before turning to me and mouthing a distinct ‘oh my gosh’ causing me to laugh again at her silliness. She chats with Zack for minutes on end asking him various things. I suppose I forgot she was ever a fan until now. It wouldn’t be surprising because the music Zack played was the type of music Kylie most enjoyed. She adored him almost and it was cute to see Kylie truly happy about something as simple as Zack being here.

“So is Synster really as badass as he plays?” She asks and my smile widens before Zack lets out a howl of laughter

“Why is he laughing at that, Lee?” She turns to me looing confused and I sigh

“I kind of hooked up with Brian, who is in no way badass, and he and I are sort of going to have a baby.” I mumble

“You’re pregnant,” She says asks if she’s chewing the idea over inside her head, “I’m going to be an aunt and I’m stuck with cancer.”

She starts going off a mile a minute about all sorts of things. I laugh at her mostly as she tells me things she learned while in nursing school. She was excited to be an Aunt and was so happy she was here to find out the good news. She’d promise that as soon as she was better that her and I would go baby shopping. I smiled at her before she held her small shaky hand out to me. I rolled my eyes and brought her hand to my stomach.

“I can’t believe you have a baby inside of you,” She says amazed for a minute, “maybe it’ll burst out of you like the alien did in ‘Aliens’ , that could be cool!” she exclaims

“I don’t think that’s going to happen.” I say to her playfully

Zack locks eyes with me for a minute and a warm blush creeps over my face and I’m forced to tear my gaze away from him. The butterflies had become too intense for me to withstand. Well, it was either that or morning sickness. I look down at Kylie and she was a smirk that says she sees the present chemistry between Zack and me. I nod my head at her and she gleams up at me in more excitement. I excuse myself because I had desperately needed to use the bathroom again. I walk into the bathroom that was inside of Kylie’s hospital room. I knew it wasn’t used much unless Kylie was feeling okay enough to walk around, which was hardly anymore.

She was still in the hospital because she was still recovering from her last surgery. They had to remove her ovaries as well as her uterus. Apparently, some sort of infection got inside of her body and it had infected her ovaries and uterus and they had to remove it. She was crying to me saying she was hardly a woman now. I held her tightly rocking her shaking body in my arms trying hard to soothe her fears of what her future would be. I promised her that even if she had them removed she could still be a mother and not have to worry about cramps for her period. It caused her to laugh and soon she liked the idea of adopting children one day. I knew that somehow she’d make an excellent mother if she recovered.

“-Lee has really made a difference in my life.” I hear Zack say probably wearing an adorable goofy grin

“She’s an incredible person,” Kylie admits to him, “You better treat her nice or you’ll be known as the man who was beaten to death by the cancer patient.” She warns him suddenly

I walked back into the room fully and saw as Kylie let out a yawn and I knew it was about time to leave. I turned to Zack and he caught my signal before standing and lacing his strong arms around Kylie’s small framed body. She looked like a little doll in his arms, one that could easily be broken. I approached her and quickly hugged her still too afraid of embracing her like usual. I kiss her forehead before she settles back into bed. I put her water bottle on her bed along with her remote. I knew she’d want them when she awoke later.

I turned after seeing her eyes close shut and her breathing evened out. I looked at the monitor that watched her heart rate and for a minute I prayed to God for him to let it stay there as it was. Zacky wrapped an arm around my waist as I rested my head against his shoulder and we began our exit out of this hospital. I hear Zack yawn before I do as we stand inside the elevator and wait for it to reach the lobby. We slide into Zack’s car and he begins to drive us back to my place.

“Do you want to stay the night?” I ask him kindly seeing it was now three in the morning

“I’d really appreciate it.” He mumbles giving me a quick side glance

I get comfortable in the seat knowing the ride would take about ten minutes before we were back at my house. I stare out my window and all the sudden I smile widely at the realization that Kylie was okay for right now. I grab Zack’s hand for reassurance, at least that’s what I told myself. It felt nice holding his hand. It was warm much like the rest of his body was. His hands were in fact calloused due to his guitar playing, but it suited him just fine. I yawned again before closing my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Do you think Zacky is ever going to tell Emilee how he feels?
--Lindsey Ann