Blossoming Fates

Studio

I turned on my cell phone to look at the message that was sent from Zacky. He told me to come to the studio and hang out with him and the guys. Zack also mentioned me bringing Payton along and I smiled at the idea of introducing people from my life into Brian’s and Zack’s life. It was odd that I was carrying Brian’s child, but so was falling in love with his best friend instead of being with him. I called Payton and invited her. She liked the idea and claimed she’d be over in about an hour and a half to pick me up and head over there. I was more than excited and decided I should get ready for the day that waited for me. I knew this week itself had a lot of things needing to get done. I was planning on telling my mother about the baby, meeting both Zack’s and Brian’s family, had another doctor’s appointment, and was going to attend Kylie’s welcome home party. She was being released soon.
I stood from my warm and soft bed raising my hands high above my head stretching. I sighed in content as I walked towards my closet. I knew I’d have to straighten up soon I just hadn’t really wanted to get up and do it. I was still feeling fatigued here and there, but I knew soon that would disappear.

I tapped my index finger against my plump lips and looked through my clothes. I slipped out of my baggy pajama pants that Zack had bought me, the pants had little hearts with the names ‘Jack and Sally’ written on them. I slid into a basic red that had a tighter fit than some of my other skirts. I paired it off with a simple white tee shirt. The tee had a scooped neckline with loose fitting sleeves that barely came past my shoulders and a single chest pocket which I adored. I tucked the shirt into my skirt before wandering into the kitchen and placing some sugar and chocolate chip cookies on a platter before covering it up with some wrapping and setting them aside.

I put on my white ballet flats that had a bow on the top of them before heading into the bathroom and freshening up my face a bit. I smudged on some pink lipstick and doused my eyes in heavy and thick mascara making my eyes gain full attention. I placed a cute red bow in my hair that pinned back my bangs to the right said of my face and went back into the bedroom to throw on my sterling silver Blue Nile double heart pendant around my neck and sling my purse onto my shoulder before heading out into the living room.

“Anyone home,” Payton called throughout the house

“I’m here!” I exclaim walking into her sights as she stood in the kitchen eating the cookies off the platter

“Don’t you look hot,” She smirked at me, “Are you trying to get someone’s attention?”

“Those are for the boys,” I retort about her eating the cookies and ignore her comment about trying to gain attention

“They’ll live,” She rolled her eyes playfully, “Are you ready to go?”

I nod my head and grab the plate of cookies before exiting and locking my place up. I didn’t need anyone breaking in and taking something. Payton had her hair tied in a fish tail styled braid with cut off jean shorts and a Metallica band shirt. She was skipping high in her most adored and over-used Toms as her charm bracelet gleamed in the bright sunlight of California as she approached her SUV styled Cadillac.

“Let’s go have some killer fun with rock stars!” She screams once we’re seated in her car

“Payton, you had a couple of monsters today didn’t you?” I ask and shake my head as she nods her head vigorously.

She taps a button on her clean ‘control board’ as I call it and rock music plays through the sound system in her car. She sang right along not missing a single line. She was always studying lyrics instead of studying class work. I laughed at her and mumbled along to some of the songs before we pulled up to the studio twenty five minutes later. The traffic wasn’t nearly as horrific as I had thought it would be, but then again it was only twelve in the afternoon right now.

I dial Zack’s number and tell him we’re here before leaving her car and walking up towards the door. It opens and Brian turns to face us with a smirk I had caved for the night we slept together. I nudged Payton with my elbow and she turn to me giving me wide eyes knowing exactly what I had meant by my small gestures. Brian’s smirk quickly faded to an all-out smile as his eyes landed on Payton. I wasn’t at ease in the slightest as he opened his mouth to speak.

“Metallica, huh,” He comments at her as he ushers us inside

“They fucking rock, do they not?” She questioned him with her eyebrows high as if she were surprised.

“They do fucking rock!” Brian shouted and Payton giggled lightly at him

“Hey Lee, Zacky’s just in the booth recording something,” Brian turns to me smiling gently, “You look nice by the way.”

“Thank you Brian. By the way this feisty, loud mouth is Payton. She’s my absolute best friend.” I introduce the two of them

I head off in the direction Brian had pointed to and let the two Metallica fans converse with one another. It was weird how Brian went from flirtatious, sex-god to a simple and goofy man. I was truly only used to his stage persona, Synster, but perhaps who I just saw was the more likable one, Brian. I had hoped Brian would be the guy who helped me take care of the baby. I walked into another room and saw Johnny and Matt laughing as they sat on a couch. I gave a light wave before stepping completely into the room and offered them cookies.

“Do you just bring us food every time you meet up with us?” Johnny asks me as he begins to shove a full cookie in his mouth

“It’s her nervous habit.” Zack said for me as he wrapped his arms from behind me and kissed the side of my head.

Zack asked how I was and I shrugged my shoulders saying alright. He chuckled and brought me over to a loveseat where we sat before shortly being joined by Payton and Brian who seemed to already have a list of inside jokes. I introduced every one and she seemed to fit in nicely. I smiled and leaned back into Zacky as everyone enveloped into a conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe
Is there something blossoming between Brian and Payton? How would Emilee handle it?
--Lindsey Ann