Blossoming Fates

The Bakers

I awoke around nine in the morning to get ready for the day and I was shaking like a leaf due to my nerves. Zacky had messaged me to tell me that tonight was going to be in fact very formal. His mother was throwing a small get together with family and friends, and Zacky had invited me nicely. I knew already the dress I was wearing when the word formal came into play. It was a red pleat detail Chiffon dress that didn’t cling to my every curve and that included my small bump. I grabbed the dress and laid it out on my properly made bed before heading into my shower that was burning hot. I had the day off and was going to take it off by pampering myself before having to be introduced to Zack’s family. I knew I shouldn’t be this nervous but a first impression meant everything.

I scrubbed my freshly energized body with some apple and citrus scented body wash. I washed my hair and shaved my legs before choosing to get out of the hot water. It helped relax me a bit in the steaming water. I sighed in disappointment when I had to turn the water off and step out of my shower. I wrapped a fluffy white and blue striped towel around my figure and walked back into my bedroom. I saw my phone light up with Zacky’s name and I hurry to get it.

“Hello Z,” I say sweetly into the phone with a smile plastered to my face

“Hey Em, are you getting ready now?” He asked me

“Mhm, I am actually just getting out of the shower.” I breathe into the phone and for a minute I blushed

“Oh, well, uh, okay then I will be by at around four to come and get you.” He explains before we exchange goodbye’s and hang up.

I pinch the bridge of my nose between my thumb and index finger trying to ease some of my silly nerves. I pull open my drawer and take out my matching black bra and pantie set. I placed the garments on my body and threw my hair up in the towel to let it dry. I checked the time to see it read ten thirty before grabbing a simple lounge outfit and waltzing into the kitchen. Flipping through a few different recipes I decided upon making a chocolate mousse cake that looked absolutely delicious. I knew Zacky would tease me about making food, but it was something I always did. I would probably always do it too.

By the time I put the cake inside of the oven it was twelve fifty. I walked back into my bedroom and shook my hair clean from the towel. It didn’t look too bad in its wavy curls. I ran a handful of mousse through it and began to blow dry the rest of my hair. I was planning on pulling all of my hair up into a thick bun. I had teased my hair and applied hairspray after it was dried and it looked fabulous. I placed on my foundation and concealer before dusting on some pink and gold eye shadow. I didn’t apply any black eyeliner because I knew that it would look elegant per say, but I lined my eyes with a brown and put on black mascara.

I slipped the dress over my head and decided to place a small thin brown belt around my waist. It didn’t pull the dress closer to my curves however it did show off my waistline and it bunched the fabric kindly covering my small hardly visible bump. I slipped my feet into my brown, leather ankle high, high heeled boots that tied and placed items from my purse into my brown clutch. The oven timer dinged and I headed into the kitchen where I pulled out the cake that smelt even better than it looked. Zacky walked into my house not too shortly afterwards and I dashed back into my room to put my diamond stud earrings on and walking back out towards him. He smiled at me and I felt butterflies swarm my stomach. His green eyes glistened with a new emotion, it looked almost as if he adored me, but I couldn’t be certain because I’d never seen this look before.

“You look stunning, Emilee,” He says pulling me in for a hug and kissing my temple, “My family will love you.” He says and it completely reassures everything for her.

“You saying that just made me feel a million times better.” I admitted sweetly to him and he chuckles before pulling me into his arms again.

“You’re adorable, Lee.” He says and his breath tickles my neck sending goose bumps over my body.

I pull away smiling widely at him before placing the cake on a serving platter that came with a glass lid. I had frosted the cake already and placed some mint leaves in the center of the cake. Zack did in fact begin to tease me, but I knew he liked it deep down. I knew his friends enjoyed my nervous baking habits. Zack and I walked to his car and quickly took off after we buckled the seatbelts. His music begins to play, but it didn’t startle me the way Brian and Payton both had earlier this week. I smiled over at him and before five songs could finish Zack was pulling up to a cute two storied home.
Zacky helps me out of the vehicle and kindly leads me into the home with his hand on the small of my back muck like Brian had lead me from the doctor’s office. We walked into the home and I can see how beautiful it really is. An older, but beautiful woman hugs Zacky and then me before introducing herself as Maria, Zack’s mother. I smiled politely before Zacky told her I made a cake.

I was introduced to many people including Maria’s husband, James he reminded me much of Zack no matter how different the two claimed to be. The next people I saw were Zack’s siblings, Zina and Matt. They had been talking to each other along with Zack and me before two small children and a man came walking up to us. The man leaned down and kissed Zina’s cheek before giving Zack a quick hug. I remember the little boy being Gavin, but the little girl who was Gavin’s sister I learned to be Gianna. She was such a cutie and very sweet too. Gavin remembered me somehow and asked if he could still see the art. I ruffled his hair gently before nodding my head and laughing at his enthusiasm.

“Dinner is ready,” Maria called from the entry way to the kitchen.

Zacky grabbed my arm gently holding me back from leaving the room where he and I now stood alone, “I hope you like the Bakers,” He says giving me a smile

“I do, but you’re my favorite one.” I said tapping his nose gently

Zacky and I laughed at each other before we turned to walk into the dining room. I was currently starving and was thrilled to find out that they had made Italian. Zack draped his arm across my shoulders and pulled me in close to his side. I wasn’t falling for him anymore. I had already fallen for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe
--Lindsey Ann