Blossoming Fates

Planning

Zack, Rachel, Payton and I all sat down on my living room floor as I gave them simple tasks of what they needed to do for the planning of Kylie’s surprise party. I was sure she’d love it. I had assigned Rachel the task of addressing invitations to family and close friends to Kylie. I also listed a few nurses Kylie had become to get close to while staying at the hospital. Next, Payton was calling different people to have flowers, decorations, and food delivered. Zack was helping arrange some different places to go buy certain things needed for the party as well. I was leaning against Zack as I searched through different stores on my laptop.

“So you said Lilies and daisies, right?” I hear Payton ask

I nod my head, “Make sure their fresh too.” I comment before looking back to my computer.

“She’s going to love my surprise I have for her.” Zacky comments in my ear

“I’m sure she will since she absolutely adores you.” I retort turning to smile at him

Zacky and I had spent much more time at the hospital and she was quick to open up to Zacky. She told him all sorts of things about life and her cancer. He and she really clicked on a level, not one that made me jealous, one that made me happy. I was still unhappy bringing Zacky around Elizabeth because I couldn’t trust her at all. I had kept her far out of my planning process so far.
I listed three nearest stores before going out with Zacky to buy some of them. Kylie was being released in two days and I was doing this on crunched time, but it was fun regardless. Zack and I walk into Party City and I begin to walk up and down the aisles. I hadn’t picked a theme to be exact, I just chose a simple color that was Kylie’s favorite and tried to match the rest around the color. The color was in fact yellow. I brought white and yellow party banner tissue that I’d twist and hang around my mother’s house. Although I knew Zacky wouldn’t let me do it myself. He was so protective over me and the baby.

“What about these plates?” I hear Zack ask next to me

“Those will be great,” I say smiling brightly up at him.

Zacky sets the three sets of plates inside my basket before returning to my side as I grabbed a couple packages of napkins and plastic forks, spoons, and knives. I didn’t have too much time to plan because tomorrow after work I was going with Brian out to dinner to meet his parents and siblings. I tugged on the puffed heart that Brian had given me. When Zacky first saw it he was a bit take back by the kindness that was present in his friend, but I reassured him that nothing was going on between Brian and I still.

I got some yellow, white, and pale yellow balloons as well as three table runners. I wasn’t going to go cheap on Kylie. She deserved to have a party thrown in her honor. I purchased the items and left after spending only thirty five dollars. Zack and I headed out to the next couple of stores collecting different items. I run into the grocery store and spend about three hundred dollars. I had been saving money for some sort of occasion and Zacky actually split the cost with me. I knew he really wanted to help me out and I was still getting surprised every time he did something of the sorts.

“You know you don’t have to spend money too.” I tell him as we load the bags into his car.

“I want to Em. I adore Kylie as if she were my own sister.” He tells me before leaning over and pushing his lips against my forehead.

“I just don’t want you thinking I need you to help me out always.” I grumble as I place the last bag inside.

“I want to Emilee. Will you please, please just let me help you? I like taking care of you.” He says pulling me into his arms

I mumble out a fine and he squeezes my side causing me to squeal in surprise. I was ticklish and not very many people knew. We get into the car after I push the cart into the small section set aside for them. I turn up the radio not needing to talk to Zacky at this moment. I wasn’t angry just flustered. I appreciated all the things he had done for me, but I was beginning to wonder if he was trying to be nice or was he offering his kindness because I was pregnant. I couldn’t be sure anymore, but I would learn to let it go for now.

Zack and I pull up to my apartment and we grab as many bags as we can before heading up towards my place. I tell Rachel and Payton to grab some too and then we’ll take a break while I make some food for us to snack on. They were quick to jump on their feet because they knew I’d make something they’d both enjoy and down to the detail too. Cooking was my true calling and I wished I could have my own bakery instead of working at the Museum of Art, but the truth was that my mother and sister both needed my assistance elsewhere and who was I to not help out my family.
I began to prepare Greek chicken pita for everyone as they continued to plan things out. Zacky, however, wouldn’t leave my side for three seconds. I couldn’t tell what was up with him but when he started asking me if I was mad I put the pieces together.

“Zacky, I’m not mad.” I say smiling at him before wrapping my arms around his neck

“I’m sorry if I bother you so much. I like you, Em, I adore everything about you.” He admits with a pink tint shading his cheeks.

“I like you too,” I comment before leaning up and placing a gently kiss on Zack’s cheek

I turn abruptly when I hear snickering and cat-calls from Payton and Rachel and give them a hard, stern glare causing them to dash out of the dining room and into the living room where they remained to stay put until later when I called them for their lunch break. Zack sat next to me rubbing circles in my upwards facing palm while I ate my food. I sipped on my tea while the other guzzled back soda, except, Zacky drank his usual beer. I hadn’t liked him always drinking alcohol, but I couldn’t complain because he wasn’t my significant other.

I laughed along with Rachel and Payton as we munched on our food while Zacky was pulled away for a quick phone call he said. I let his hand go and took a large sip of my tea before facing the girls who were now given a suspicion look as if they were asking if something was there. I smiled to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Emilee will be meeting the Haners next...How do you think that'll go? You'll find out monday.
--Lindsey Ann