Blossoming Fates

The Haners

I had to stop my current planning to get dressed for tonight’s events. I was going out to some Mexican styled restaurant with the Haners. I was excited and less nervous about meeting them. I hadn’t needed to make the impression that was needed for Zacky’s family. I slipped into my sleeveless scooped neckline deco tribal dress. The top was solid black that had a stretch finish while the skirt was white and decorated with a tribal pattern in pale blue, black, and a subtle orange. I dressed my feet up in black peep-toed platforms that were accented with an elegant bow on top. My toenails had recently been painted orange that not only looked well against my tanned skin, but also matched my dress accordingly. I clasped the puffed heart around my neck and let the pendant fall against my chest. I smiled lightly in the mirror before walking into the bathroom.

I applied pink lipstick, mascara, and light brown eye shadow along with some blush and left the bathroom when I heard a knock on the door. I heard the door open and knew it must’ve been Brian now and I smiled to myself having felt my nerves calm down.

“Well don’t you look dolled up,” He smirks my way and it reminds me much of Payton

“No wonder you have a crush on Payton. You’re just like her.” I comment before smiling at him

He chuckles before giving me a light hug, “How’s banana doing?” He asks me

“Banana is doing great actually.” I say proudly as he places his hands on my stomach

Brian ushers me out of the door once I’ve collected my purse and sweater in case I become chilly inside the restaurant. I had eaten at this place once before and was quite thrilled to be going out to it again. I loved Mexican food about as much as I enjoyed Italian food. The car ride was enjoyable as Brian and I talked about banana and possible name choices. We had started off being serious, but it quickly faded to humorous names. Brian had suggested J.D for Jack Daniels.

We pull into a parking spot and Brian walks around opening the door for me. I was still getting used to this new sensitive side of Brian Haner. He walks next to me before we enter the crowded restaurant. I see a young girl of about fourteen run up to Brian and myself before hugging him tightly and showing him to the table I presumed. She looked about fourteen with her brightly colored hair. She must be McKenna, I thought to myself smiling at the spunky teenager in front of me.

“Hey guys,” Brian waves and pulls a seat out for me, “This is Emilee.” He says and people give me their hands to shake along with a name.

“It’s wonderful to meet the infamous Emilee. The boys cannot stop talking about you.” His step mother Suzy announces to me

“I can see why the boys are obsessed with her though,” Papa Gates, Brian’s father exclaims to his wife causing me to blush

I am introduced to Brian’s brother step brother, Johnny Gera, and his biological brother, Brent Haner. Brent and Brian look so much alike it’s almost scary, but at least I know good genes run in the family. I sit down and grab a chip from the basket sitting in front of Brian and me and dip it in the salsa and cheese I placed on my smaller plate. I was aware that Brian had already told his parents the news before we arrived and that they were all extremely thrilled.

“So will I be able to babysit the baby?” I hear McKenna ask sweetly

“Of course you can. Brian is going to need some help anyways.” I say making a joke at Brian that everyone laughed at.

“I am afraid for the first time Brian changes a diaper.” Suzy says laughing at her stepson

“It’s not that funny guys,” He mutters crossing his arms across his chest, “Besides I used to help take care of McKenna.” He reasons but they continue laughing at him

We all took our orders when the waiter came back after asking for our drinks. I spoiled myself with a coke and a platter of two enchiladas, a burrito, and a side of Mexican rice and beans. I felt Brian’s wide eyes staring at me and I only shrugged my shoulder saying I was starving for food. Truthfully, I really was craving Mexican food and I hadn’t had much time to relax and eat earlier today before Brian came by. Once I convinced Brian I’d eat all that food he went back to talking to Papa Gates.
McKenna was sitting next to me fiddling with her cell phone. I smiled at her kindly and she was quick to tell me that a friend of hers, a girl she stated firmly, needed her advice on something. I nodded and played along. I didn’t want her to feel embarrassed by the fact that I knew she had been talking to a boy. McKenna reminded me a lot of both, Payton and myself when we were her age. Payton was allowed to dye her hair weird colors while I wasn’t, but Payton always claimed she’d love to have parents like mine.

The food arrived and I quickly chowed into my food. It seemed that lately all I did was eat or relax, although Zacky would argue with that statement. He was coming by every night it seemed and staying until four or five in the morning making sure I was okay and taken care of. I hadn’t forgotten about him asking me to move in, but I was hoping he’d ask again. I liked the idea of living with Zacky for a while.

We all stood after people paid for different portions of the bill. Brian insisted upon paying for my meal which was only fifteen dollars. I wasn’t sure why these boys wouldn’t let me pay for my own things, but it did frustrate me sometimes.

“My family loves you,” Brian tells me after we walk towards his car and away from his family after we had exchanged goodbyes

“I like your family Brian, they defiantly are amazing.” I say to him kindly

Brian and I get into his car and he drives us back to my place. I see that both Payton and Zacky are inside my house I tell Brian he should come in as well. He tries to dismiss the idea but at the mention of Payton he jumps out of his car nearly forgetting to turn it off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
The relationships between Zacky, Payton, Emilee, and Brian will be seen in perspective tomorrows update!
--Lindsey Ann