Blossoming Fates

Aftermath

My green blue eyes flutter open once I wake from my deep slumber. A smile breaks across my face as I think about last night’s events and somehow I find it impossible to believe. The life I once knew was completely vanished from my sights it seemed. I was learning to take some risks again. Here I was nearly five months pregnant with a lead guitarist’s child and falling in love with one of his best friends. Life was a dream itself. I wondered if it would ever be that real to me.

The sun seeps gently in through the blinds which are draped over with red curtains. I sit up in bed and push the covers off of my exposed tanned legs. Wiggling my toes I gracefully stand up from the large bed before my eyes land on a small envelope placed gently on the pillow where Zacky had laid his head last night. I finger the thick paper before pulling a small card out that was written on saying that Zacky had to go out with the guys but would be home later and he and I could go out for a bit. It was signed by him with an ‘X’ and ‘O’ that only made my smile grow wider.

I slipped into the bathroom that was adjoined to my room down the hallway. Lathering up my orange loofa sponge with citrus scented body wash my muscles relaxed and I knew this was going to be a great day already. I finish the shower and wrap a plush blue towel around my body and pick up my cell phone that rested on the dark wooded end table. I scrolled down the contacts until I landed on Payton’s number and hit the call button before pulling the phone up to my ear where I hear the ringing.

“Hello,” I hear Payton’s voice breathe through the phone along with a laugh

“Hey, what are you doing today?” I ask hoping she’d say nothing and would want to hang out with me today.

“Nothing until tonight which you’re going to be included in,” She admits

“What are we doing tonight?” I ask completely unaware of any plans that had been arranged.

“A small get together with Brian, Zacky, Matt, Johnny and maybe their girls.” She says which hints towards it only being Val and Lacey.

“Sounds good,” I say picking at my chipped polish “Want to go shopping for some baby things today?” I ask her after a minute of silence.

“Heck yes!” She shouts into the phone making me laugh, “I’ll be over in an hour, c’ya.” She says before allowing me to exchange a goodbye and hanging up the phone.

I shift through my clothes with the towel firmly wrapped around me before eyeing my white maternity sundress Payton had bought me a week after she found out I was pregnant. It was a darling dress for it being a maternity one. I slip into it after putting on my purple panties and black bra on. It was nearing the middle of August as well as my next appointment. I shake my head as I place on my pink oversized cardigan and a thin buckled belt underneath my chest.

A pair of chiffon peach peep toed flats was placed on my feet when I heard a knocking on the door. I had let my hair air dry into its natural state as well as only placing on foundation and mascara to adore my bright colored eyes. I waltzed down the staircase before pulling back the door to see a petite blonde standing on the door step. I had been expecting Payton to be smiling and waiting for me and I was sure the shock of seeing this woman was easily found on my face. She eyed me suspiciously before smiling gently at me.

“Is Zachary here?” She asks peeking over my shoulder into the home which only caused me to pull the door closer to my body.

“No,” I say simply tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, “He’s out with some people right now. May I ask who you are?”

She gives me a large grin, “I’m Gena and I’m his girlfriend.” Her words take me back a bit.

“Is that so?” I ask squeezing the silver doorknob tightly.

“Yeah, well it’s on again off again sort of thing, but he and I are made for each other. Will you let him know I stop by?” She asks and I can only nod before watching her slink away back into a shiny red car and drive away.

A frown pulls on my face and tears well up in my eyes. I sigh heavily before going back upstairs to grab the necklace that Brian gave me. I turn slightly and hum when suddenly a new sensation forms in my stomach. I place both hands on either side of my growing abdomen and smile warmly. It was a fluttering feeling and I was praying it was the baby letting me know that he or she is still there and I should be focusing on them. It was true though. I couldn’t be selfish any longer. Zacky and I were to remain friends regardless of our feelings. I wasn’t about to lose sight of who was most important to me now.

I hear Payton’s loud mouth as she screams for me to hurry and I roll my eyes before whispering a small ‘I love you’ towards the baby and leave the room. I see my blonde friend smiling warmly at me holding up a shirt that say ‘I’m the aunt bitches’ and I only laugh at her when she tells me about her crazy adventure she had when trying to retrieve this shirt. This was all the aftermath of finding out I was pregnant and I was glad I had such amazing people here for me.

Payton grabs a hold of my hand before tugging on me to leave the house and I protest quickly grabbing a bottle of water and sticking it in my stripped bucket bag that hung from my shoulder then we left the house. I watched as she dodged to her car. Payton’s hair flung loosely in the breeze as her hands jingled with her keys and bracelets slapping each other. Her thin legs stuck out from her cut off shorts and her top was a very simple sleeveless button up top colored an olive green.

“Hurry up slow poke!”

“Hey!” I screeched laughing at her, “I’ve got a baby in me.” I say pointing to my belly feeling those flutters again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Did Gena just ruin everything?
--Lindsey Ann