Blossoming Fates

Shopping

Payton and I wandered into the small baby store that was decorated in a bright yellow and green. I believed it was just to stand neutral amongst the expecting mothers carrying different genders. It was a good business technique in my opinion. Payton picked up a small orange basket before handing me one to carry around while we made purchases. The red head saleswoman greeted us graciously with a wide pink smile. She asked if we were looking for something specific and we both answered with a ‘no’ before we continued our walk down the wood aisles. This was a beautiful shop that probably made a fortune due to its appearance alone.

I watched as Payton fingered through various outfits on the hangers before I averted my gaze to an adorable newborn jumper adjoined with vertical white strips contrasting against the green fabric. It took me only a second as I pondered whether or not I should buy it before placing the jumper in the basket following another kind except orange and yellow. I walked away to shelves that held other necessities that I knew that soon I would have to buy for Banana. I picked up a binky that had a picture of a small banana on it and a giggle slipped from between my lips. Brian would get a hoot out of this I was sure of it.

“What do you think about this?” Payton asks me holding up a pair of yellow booties.

“They are adorable,” I squeal in delight and she places them delicately in her basket.
I chew on my bottom lip, “Hey Pay, how are you and Brian?” I ask looking at her brow furrow together, “I mean, what’s going on between you two?” I ask clearly

“Nothing unless he leaves Michelle but I’m not pushing him to. I like him though. A lot,” She says not looking me in the eyes.

“I don’t care honestly, just because I’m having his kid doesn’t mean he and I have feelings for the other that are more than friends.” I confirm and she looks at me with a small smile.

Payton walks down another aisle when I see out of the corner of my eye a gorgeous light wood crib that had a small pillow which was yellow and white in a plaid pattern. A small mobile hung from the railing and a smile scorched my face. My fingers traced against the smooth wood before I felt the plush pillow. It was a beautiful crib. One which I knew I wouldn’t be able to afford easily. The smile lingered as I walked away from the crib and towards blankets and stuffed animals. I picked up a velvet smooth green blanket and placed it in the basket knowing the baby would enjoy something as soft as this.

We put our items on the counter so the saleswoman can ring them up for the total due. Payton purchased many clothes which she claimed would be residing at her house until a nursery was set up at Zacky’s house. I was thankful for Zacky allowing me to live with him until I could afford something better than my old place. The woman placed our things inside pale colored bags before wishing us a nice day. I was tugged inside a book store where Payton brought me to the baby section.

A book titled ‘What to Expect When You’re Expecting’ caused me to laugh out at the most commonly known title of any baby book. I decided not to buy it but instead a small journal where I would take notes down on my pregnancy and birth before commenting inside a baby book. I did buy a name book because I still needed a neutral name in case Brian and I waited until the birth of the baby. Payton walked back with her nose stuck inside a new released novel. I rolled my eyes at her playfully before wandering off to music where I purchased a few CD’s of lullabies and soft melodies. I was only trying to be the best mother I could ever be.

“You’re going to do great Emilee.” I hear Payton comment as I stare down at the tracks in hand.

“Thanks Payton, I’ll need some reassurance.” I admit hesitantly to her.

She nods her head before smiling wide at me, “What’s going on with you and Mr. Vengeance?” She asks curiously.

“Well nothing now,” I sigh sadly thinking back to the beautiful blonde names Gena, “He and I kissed last night but he has someone waiting for him.”

She drops her jaw in astonishment holding a hand over her slightly ajar mouth. I giggled at her expression after a moment before she discussed what had happened between Zacky and me. I quickly explained the previous evening including the lightning and such before getting down to the gritty details of the passionate kiss. My heart soared when I thought back to it. I couldn’t believe Zacky could be doing something so rough to someone. I was sure I didn’t know the whole story, but I wasn’t about to pry for any information about their relationship.

My fingers fickle with the puffed heart placed gracefully around my neck as I chew on my lip looking out the window while Payton drives me back to Zacky’s house. I guess I should be considering it my own place now, but it still didn’t feel like home to me. I’d warm up to it eventually I knew.

“Don’t let him dog you and this Gena girl,” Payton says as I climb out of the vehicle

“I’m too smart to be doged.” I reply confidently as I grab my bags and bid her a goodbye

Only Zacky’s car was in the driveway as well as my own, but other than that no one else seemed to be here which I was happy about. I now knew that we were having a small get together with people. I was excited to be getting back out there. I entered the home to a smiling Zacky who was sitting on the couch beer in hand and some game on the television.

I gave a weak smile as my heart fluttered and my knees shook. I breathed in deeply before disappearing upstairs to put away the items I had purchased. I heard a soft chuckle behind me as I shoved the items underneath my bed with a swift push. Turning towards the door I see Zacky with his ankles crossed as well as his arms. His green eyes roamed my body and a smile spread across my blushing face. He commented that a nursery needed to be created soon. I could only smile wider.