Blossoming Fates

Names

Brian pulled a blanket from his back seat which I assumed was lying in there from the previous beach visit he had done. Brian had told me before how often he came to the beach to think and get away from crazy things going on in his life. I was happy he had taken me here to do the same. I lay back leaning on my forearms while Brian tucks his muscular arms underneath his head. He and I stare up at the stars that are shining above our heads in the black sky completely taking my breath away.

“I figured we could talk about the baby,” He comments after a moment of silence and a smile tugs at the corner of my lips.

“Sounds perfect because I was curious what you thought about plans.” I admit sucking on my plump bottom lip casually.

“Well, what if for the first week or two you stay with me,” He suggests and I nod my head at his idea.

Brian was defiantly changing into a better person since the first time I had met him and told him about the baby. Our conversation quickly jumped from topic to topic before the mentioning of names came up. I pondered the idea of what name would do the baby justice. I loved the name Dylan and Sophia, but maybe we should have a more gender neutral name picked out for the birth. Brian hummed to himself gently while he probably thought about the same thing.

“I like the name Sydney and Morgan for a girl,” Brian informed me before adding that for a boy he’d like the name James.

“James would be cute, but so would Morgan.” I confirm and he offers a small smile at me before we go back to starring at the sky.

I looked over at Brian and for the first time did I realize how handsome he truly was. There was no
doubt as to why my best friend had formed a crush on the cocky guitar player. Brian had high cheek bones and a small nose with those gorgeous brown eyes. I was happy that he was my friend now. I also hoped that the baby got some of Brian’s looks had the baby turned out to be a boy.

My eyes darted back to the sky where I thought more about what the baby had done to my life none of it truly bad. I had a lot to be thankful now with all my new friends and happiness. I thought about the nursery and how it may look with a baby inside the room. I wondered how Brian would look holding a baby at all and I smiled at the thought.

“I hope the baby gets your great looks,” Brian says randomly and I scoff at his silliness

“I don’t! I was such an ugly duckling when I was younger.” I explained to him earning a chuckle

“How can that be so? You have a gorgeous smile, longest legs, and the most hypnotizing eyes ever!” Brian exclaimed causing me to laugh

“Well talk to all the boys who teased me,” I said shrugging my shoulders lightly before looking over at him.

Brian told me about his days in high school and how he met the guys and his now-girlfriend Michelle. I liked hearing Brian talk about him and his true life rather than him being that cocky rock star. I liked Brian better than Synster Gates. Although, that wasn’t much of a surprise after all, I hadn’t ever liked cocky men. Payton, however, was a completely different story. She hadn’t had the best life at a young age and she fell for that type of guy even if it always ended up the same.

“Brian, you really like Payton don’t you?” I ask him after a minute of no talking

“I truly do, but it’s just complicated.” He admits distressed and we chuckle at him again.

“Well I feel like you need to go for it.” I encourage him gently before sitting up and tucking my legs underneath me folding my new white dress.

I smiled at the brown eyed man who seemed lost in thought. I hadn’t had many moments like this with Brian, but it didn’t truly bother me often because Brian and I weren’t looking for something serious from the other. I mean, we were having a baby, but we were friends. I wasn’t used to being personal and talking about my thoughts with him just yet.

“What if we had a girl and we named her Sophia Morgan and if we have a boy we name him James Dylan.” I comment to him.

“His initials would be JD, sounds like a Haner kid for sure.” Brian says offering me a lopsided smile.

“Well, we might as well discuss that fact of last names,” I suggest

Brian nods his head before tapping his chin and opening his mouth, “I’d love to give my last name to Banana, but you’re the mommy and so you decide.”

“I appreciate that Bri, and I think it wouldn’t hurt.” I state smiling after seeing Brian wide grin resembling the Cheshire cat.

“It’s pretty late Emilee. We might want to get you home.” Brian says after looking at his watch.

I nod my head and stand up smoothly from the soft blanket and looked out at the darkness where the sky and the water meet. I smile gently feeling that Brian and I did a good deal of talking like responsible adults, but also as friends. I hadn’t ever had friends much like Brian and the guys and I was still getting used to them, but I was also learning that I belonged amongst them. I smile lightly feeling that this baby would just have to be a boy. Something inside of me told me so.

“Thank you Bri, I owe you after ruining your birthday.” I murmur lightly in the dark car

“No worries that was my best birthday seeing as I found out I was having a kid.” He said and bent over kissing my forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
The story is now progressing again and there will be frequent updates still Monday-Friday, but not at the same time every day. Please Enjoy the tale and tell me your thoughts. It's my favorite!
--Lindsey Ann