Blossoming Fates

Hunger

I was resting my head on my rolled up towel not thinking about anything in particular other than how perfect I had felt today. I poked another brightly colored fruit with my plastic fork before plopping it into my mouth realizing that I was eating pineapple. My eyes darted back to where Zacky and Gena played in the water. He was splashing her and she was giggling like some teenage girl. I rolled my eyes before pushing another piece of sickly sweet fruit into my mouth.

“She’s about to fall out of her top,” Payton whispered to Brian mocking the pixie haired girl in the water.

“Zacky’s being a real ass today.” Brian huffs gently to his girlfriend who still had a wide grin every time she said the word.

“I could castrate him,” I grumble harshly pushing my sunglasses onto my face blocking the sun away.

“I don’t get why he’s with her if what you’ve all said it true.” Payton claims shaking her head before looking back to her newest novel she’d bought.

“Fucking idiot,” Brian mumbles and I turn to give him a stern look.

He and I had been at the doctors a day ago and we found out that the baby could hear voices. I was eighteen weeks pregnant and I could defiantly see that I had a bump on my stomach which I found adorable that inside was my little boy. Brian and I had decided to stay surprised until the birth which was projected to be around early February late January. Brian and I were getting more excited than ever, but Zacky was spending more and more time with Gena again and leaving me alone at his house.

“Food is ready guys!” Matt shouts from the deck and I say thank god because my appetite had defiantly increased over the weeks.

“You’re going to be so big soon,” Payton squeals and it makes me laugh along with her however when Gena and Zacky catch up with us and ruins the light mood.

“How can you be hungry still?” She asks me and it makes me feel a little self-conscious towards my eating habits.

Payton turns and glares at the pixie haired girl while Brian tells her to cool it and watch what she says to me. I was thankful for having the duo on call for everything including defending me. They did it because they felt I shouldn’t get stressed so they’d handle all of my issues for the time being. I made a plate with a burger and some fries with a mixture of barbeque sauce and ketchup dipping my golden fries in them. I look up to see Gena looking at me in disgust.

“What are you looking at?” I ask her after a minute

“You’re so disgusting. You make me never want to be pregnant.” She says back and the chatter around the table silences.

“Bitch you’d be lucky if someone would want to knock your ignorant ass up!” Payton yells from across the table and Brian grabs hold of my blonde friend taking her inside to let her calm down.

“How can he like someone so hostile?” Gena mumbles to Zacky and my eyes narrow.

“She happens to be my friend and was only defending me.” I admit to Gena who seemed taken aback by my voice.

“Em, chill it, Gena didn’t mean any harm.” Zacky spoke up from his plate of food and my mouth gaped open.

Gena smiled warmly up at her hero and I roll my eyes at the two knowing that they were being inconsiderate to everyone around them at the moment. I shake my head and plop another French fry in my mouth tasting the salty flavor of them. I pulled out my book and opened it up and began reading new recipes. I had two books that were going everywhere with me lately which was a ‘mother-to-be’ one and a sweet food recipe book.

I hear the glass door slide open and turn to see Brian waking back out with Payton holding hands with him. Val seemed to look away when Payton was around and I had tried hard to get the two to talk to one another because it needed to be done sooner or later. I finished off my plate before gulping back the contents of my water.

“I can’t believe that its already September and in four months little banana will be here.” Val says to me wearing a grin.

“I know, I’m defiantly thinking that banana is going to be a boy.” I admit with a blush creeping up onto my face.

“Banana is so a girl!” Brian exclaimed poking his fork at me causing me to laugh.

“Sure, sure Haner,” I say sticking my tongue out at him before looking back at Val.

Val and I begin a conversation about the baby and all the things she’d loved to help me with. She said she could go shopping with me one day and I knew that’d be fun with her. It was nice to know someone who was trying to have a kid now was taking an interest in my experience because she knew things I didn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe
--Lindsey Ann