Blossoming Fates

Surprise

Zacky called my cell phone while he was away at the studio and told me that he and I were going out tonight for a surprise dinner. I was worried when he said he held a surprise for me, but I was hoping my friend was back and not Gena’s boyfriend. Zacky still wasn’t home a lot but he did often text me and calls me to check up on me or just to talk. He told me to dress up for somewhere nice and be ready to eat. I was excited to finally talk to Zacky again.

I slip into my dress by created from lightweight chiffon. I adored the crew neckline, capped sleeves, a cornelli design to the bodice. The skirt had soft pleating and a keyhole strap fastening. My feet were pushed into pink bowed flats because my feet were helplessly swelling. I stood in front of the mirror where I fastened my diamond studs in my ears and clasped the puffed heart necklace Brian had given me. I grabbed hold of my studded clutch and sprayed some perfume onto my neck while my hair fell down passed my shoulders.

“You in here,” I hear Zacky call from the hallway and a smile broadens across my face.

“I’ll be right out!” I call out before heading towards the door and pulling it open.

“You really do pregnancy a wonder,” Zacky says pressing his lips against my cheek.

“Thank you,” I murmur gently feeling the heat creep up onto my face.

He nods his head and pulls himself and me out of the hallway and down the stairs where we head out towards his car. I smiled at Zacky noticing his attire was too dressy but casual. His had a grey button up shirt with cuffed sleeve and dark washed jeans on. I had truly missed Zacky more than I seemed to let on.

“Em, I forgot my wallet at Brian’s, we got to swing by there, okay?” He asks me and I simply nod my
head while we get situated inside his car.

“I love your music!” I say over his loud music that caused me to jump.

“I’m sorry,” he apologizes quickly.

“You shouldn’t be,” I look over to him wearing a small smile.

The drive to Brian’s house wasn’t too long which I was thankful for due to my nerves about wear we were going for dinner and what we would talk about. I was well prepared to talk to Zacky again finally. I was beginning to get used to Gena always being around him and stealing all the attention from my best friend. I understood she was his girlfriend, but didn’t I mean anything to the raven haired man?

I walked out of the car not too far behind Zacky but he waited a second before walking in step with me and placing his hand on the small of my back. The small gesture seemed to ignite my heart and I could only smile warmly as we walked towards the door together.

“Surprise!” Everyone screamed as they were gathered around Brian’s living room crouched behind items.

I looked around seeing baby shower stuff all over the home and my smile grew even wider.
I looked around the rooms filled with various items. There was a giant hutch that held food and drinks. There was mini cupcakes decorated with yellow and green sprinkles. A monkey hung from the giant hutch and I thought it was hilarious since we called the baby banana for right now. I picked up a glass bottle of lemonade and placed some lemon chicken on my plastic yellow plate. There was even some bruschetta and I knew the food was probably Payton’s doing.

“So I hope you like this even if you hate surprises,” Brian says to me wearing an infamous smirk.

“Oh, I love this, Bri, thank you so much.” I exclaimed to him before setting my food down to hug him.

“Well Payton did a lot of the planning I just helped set up.” He said being honest and I nodded my head.

Brian was pulled away by his father who had quickly talked to me saying he was happy for the two of us and placed a small kiss on my cheek. I really liked how out-there Brian’s dad could be. He was exactly like Brian which did explain so much. I turned back facing the living room where so many of mine and his friends and family conversed and briefly I thought it was peculiar until my eyes landed on a quiet man who must’ve had something on his mind.

I frowned gently and began to walk towards him, but Rachel suddenly popped up in front of me wearing a bright smile. She looked gorgeous in her pink sweater dress that clung to every curve and her hair was pulled up in a high bun. She was much shorter since she wasn’t wearing her usual heels.

“You’re going to love your gift from Ian and me!” She squealed in delight causing me to smile.

“I can’t wait to see them.” I admit tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Oh, there he is now,” She said waving at him and walking from me after hugging me.

My eyes went back in search of Zacky but he wasn’t there anymore. I sighed brushing my hair from my eyes as I looked around the living room. Payton pulled me towards a seat with Kylie sitting there too. She was wearing a beautiful wig and her make-up was done nicely too. We talk while I eat slowly as my mind swifts gears from our conversation to the upset man I came here with.

“Hey have you seen Zacky?” I ask the two of them.

“You mean Mr. Mopey,” Elizabeth asks as she walks up behind us, “He’s out back and shouldn’t be upset anymore, if you know what I mean.” She says to me with a wink.

“Elizabeth, knock it off,” Kylie says harshly and she smiles warmly at me.

I head towards the back but my mom and Brian’s mom announce that it’s time to open gifts and she grabs hold of my wrist right as my eyes locked on Zacky figure standing near the shore of water. I sighed heavily and put on a huge smile when all I wanted was to simply have Zacky tell me his thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Do you think Zacky is upset with Emilee or perhaps his girlfriend Gena? Suggestions?!
--Lindsey Ann