Blossoming Fates

Gifts

My mother sat me down in a chair next to Brian who only winked at me having to bear through the same amount of torture that I was. Brian was really turning out to be a better guy than that punk rock star living his bachelor life. He turned his attention back to the crowd of our family and smiled before being handed the first gift which he handed to me. I rolled my eyes playfully read the name and began to unmask the gift inside.

Brian laughed when he saw all the books McKenna had bought for little Banana. She seemed so proud to be calling herself an Aunt and that she’d babysit anytime day or night. Brian opened the next gift which was from my mother. We both looked quizzical at the basket of things.

“It has baby things inside of it,” She states and we both look up at her more confused, “Like teething rings, baby food, thermometer, things like that.” And we both nod our heads.

“Open mine!” Kylie shouts and she hands us her beautiful blue bag which was way heavier than I expected.

I moved the tissue paper aside and saw outfit after outfit of various colors for the baby to wear. I smiled at her before looking down at the very bottom wear a pair of booties sat. Brian opened the gifts from his parents that consisted of rock lullabies from his father and a photo album from Suzy. I was more than appreciative for these things. Elizabeth gave me and Brian separate gifts. Mine was a really sleazy dress for after the pregnancy as she wrote and Brian’s was a nice watch. I rolled my eyes at her before Rachel quickly stepped up and handed us the gifts.

“You’ll like mine best,” She says with a wink and I grin at her.

“Awe, you got me that silly baby book that I can place Banana’s foot print and hand print inside of in cement.” I hugged her kindly and Brian thanked her before he opened up the next gift.

Matt and Val bought us a mobile and a small dresser. Johnny and Lacey bought us a changing table. Zacky handed me his gift which was a bracelet that held charms and the first one was a pair of booties on it. He gave Brian some sort of custom designed guitar. Brian’s brother gave us a high chair. Payton gave us bath things for the baby. Finally Grant gave me a silky robe and Brian carried two tickets to any game of chose.

“Thank you guys so much,” I say and I look down at the silver charm bracelet.

“He put a lot of thought into that gift.” Brian mumbled to me quietly

A smile spread across my face before a yawn escaped from my mouth and Brian laughed at how tired I was. Zacky was hugging me suddenly and asked if I wanted something to eat before we left shortly. I smiled at him and said no before turning back to Brian who was trying to explain that the baby stuff could stay here until I get my own place.

“I love you so much, Haner,” I exclaimed hugging him

“Everybody loves me.” Brian replies coolly and Payton rolls her eyes at her boyfriend.

“You’re a dork.” I state at him and I and Payton laugh hysterically.

“Are you ready to go?” Zacky asks me and I nod my head yawning once more.

I walk around the large home and give out my share of hugs as I attempt to leave the party early due to my tiredness. I yawn once more before exiting the house and heading towards the car that was still parked outside. Everyone else had parked in front of Brian’s home. Zacky wrapped an arm around my expanding waist and a warm sensation spread onto my face.

“Thanks for being there,” I murmur gently

“I always will be, Em,” he says kissing my temple gently.

I nuzzled into the nook of his neck before shutting my eyes gently. The sun had already set into the horizon and Zacky placed me into his car. I knew soon enough I’d need to start thinking about moving on with my own life. I smiled over at Zacky and for a brief moment I simply wanted to pretend that he and I were together. I always found peace in playing a short game of make believe.

“Tonight was great,” I whispered into the silence

“You make every night great,” Zacky comments and a deep crimson blush spreads across my face.

“That’s because I finally feel like I belong.” I admit to him kindly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann