Blossoming Fates

Mellon Green

I was planning on telling Zacky since I had bought my new home nearly two and a half weeks ago and still was trying to avoid telling Zacky, but tonight seemed like the best time to admit that I was no longer going to be around crowding him and Ashley as the explored their new relationship. It seemed that he’d finally understood what I kept saying when I told him that he and I wouldn’t work out due to the pregnancy. It was no big deal in all honesty but I did wish that my feelings would simply die already.

I had almost completely decorated the home that was in need of occupancy finally. I looked around the home I was supposed to be living inside while my best friend believed I was actually spending the day with Payton buying things for the nursery which he still thought was at his place.

“Are you really going to tell him?” Payton asks me looking to me from the popcorn bowl she was previously starring at.

“He needs to know so I have to.” I state nodding my head.

“I still can’t believe that the baby is almost here.” He says poking my stomach gently.

“You’re going to be a fabulous Aunt.” I tell her smiling and she nods her head smiling widely at me.

“I’ll be sure to spoil that kid.” She said and I shook my head laughing.

I turned my attention back to the television where I watched another infamous Zombie movie. Payton laughed alongside me when the main character’s boyfriend was eaten and torn apart by a mob of flesh eating zombies. Neither Payton nor I really got scared of these movies but we still enjoyed watching the new ‘scary’ movies that were released.

Brian walked through the front door smiling at both Payton and I. I knew that one day there would be a wedding it just hadn’t happened yet. I hadn’t ever met two people who needed to be together more so than them two. I was just happy that they were finally together, but I was still plagued with the fear of having to tell Zacky about me moving out. He had taken care of me for what seems like a long time. I was nearly twenty five months pregnant and he’d been there for everything. I couldn’t just make it seem as if I was ungrateful.

“Hey Em, how about we fix up that nursery.” Brian suggests and a smile spreads across my face.

“I’d really love to do that actually.” I tell Brian and he smiles at me nodding his head.

Payton says she’ll cook us dinner while Brian and I run to the store to buy the paint brushes and rollers plus the paint that we’d need. I wasn’t sure what to do with the room since we were waiting to be surprised with the sex of the baby. I just couldn’t ever agree on one idea for the nursery yet. I sighed as we pulled into the parking lot. Brian and I make a B-line for the paint supplies as we look over the variation of colors to paint the four blank walls.

“We could do a yellow or blue,” I suggest and Brian ponders the idea lightly, but I was too fond of the colors entirely.

“Hey!” Brian exclaims reaching for another color swab, “What about this melon green?” he asks me wearing a small smile.

“It’s a gorgeous color,” I admit tapping my chin before nodding my head yes to the color.

We buy that color and also a soft yellow color for the trim which blended so well with each other. I was more than thrilled to get the painting done and see the finished result. I knew that everything would match inside the nursery since everyone managed to buy coordinating furniture. As we were walking towards the cash register I saw wooden blocks and knew that I would want to write the baby’s name with them somewhere in the crib once Brian and I decided on names.

Brian presses his lips to my temple once we walk out into the chilled air afternoon. It was surprisingly colder this year around, but it did feel nice to get a break from the heat. I was happy to head back to my house and finish up the nursery because this baby would be here in three months and I just couldn’t contain myself from all the giddiness.

“I’m glad that you’re here for me.” I tell Brian as he pulls out of the parking spot.

“I’m glad you found Zacky who then led you to me.” Brian murmurs smiling

“This would’ve been difficult without that’s for sure.” I mumbled and look out the window listening to the music.

I smiled feeling the baby move a bit and another wave of giddiness hits me. For whatever reason I just knew I was having a baby boy and he was going to be named James Dylan. Brian was convinced we’d have a girl, but a mother just knew better. I’d be happy as long as the baby was healthy of course and I knew Brian would be too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lost my mouse and finally found it :) so here's the updates
Please Comment and Subscribe
--Lindsey Ann