Blossoming Fates

Halloween

A week earlier I had again chickened out about telling Zacky I was moving out and it was now the night of his big Halloween party. I knew I couldn’t tell him tonight, but tomorrow it would have to be said finally.

My attention was brought towards the louder techno music that was blasting through the speakers downstairs. I walked down there seeing the decorations for the Halloween party that was being held tonight. I was excited for it that defiant especially when I saw the costume Zacky had bought me.

“Hey guys,” I greet the group of guys gathered around the speakers.

“How’s being Prego?” Matt Berry asked me wearing a sweet smile.

“Pretty great, I’m almost done finally.” I state happily.

“But you do it such a service,” Jason Berry says winking at me and Zacky grumbles a few profanities.

“What’s wrong Zacky?” I ask him feeling a frown pulling on my plump lips.

“Nothing, but shouldn’t you be getting ready for my party, it starts in an hour.” Zacky says turning back to the speakers that were rolling in and out of tune.

I nod my head and sigh before turning on my heel and heading back upstairs to get ready for the party that was only a few hours away. I walk into my room upstairs and slide into the emerald green dress that felt shorter than I believed was necessary. I sway my hips gracefully while curling and teasing my long brown hair. I placed glitter around my eyes with my green eye shadow showing off my green blue eyes. I applied pink lipstick.

I sighed when I was it was now eight o’clock and people were arriving downstairs. I pushed back from the counter slipping into my black wedges and walking downstairs to see everyone. I hugged Payton seeing her and Brian dressed up together. She wore a sexy flapper girl dress with a flask stuck inside her garter. Brian walked around in a fedora and plastic gangster gun. Matt and Val came together as Marc Anthony and Queen Cleopatra. Lacey and Johnny was a naughty nun and priest which were hilarious to see. I searched the room before finding Zacky who was dressed up in a king’s attire.

“It looks like someone is missing their crown.” He murmurs to me before placing a shiny tiara on top of my teased and curled hair.

“I was missing my king, but now he’s here.” I reply smirking at him.

Halfway through the night I kicked my heels off to the side before walking around and bumping into Brian who was drinking like there was no tomorrow. I hadn’t seen this Brian since we conceived our baby. He had lust present in his eyes as he watched Payton dance with Lacey and Val who were all laughing. He brought his flask up to his mouth and poured back the harsh liquor. I sighed not wanting to see this path for him, but I realized that it was Halloween. I walk towards Payton wanting to inform her of Brian’s actions.

“Where is he?” She asks me as we look around for him before heading out back.

“He was inside when I left him,” I say but stop speaking when I see a guy wearing a fedora pushing a woman against the side of the house kissing.

I make out a silver and gold masked woman wearing a corset type of dress the guy closer to her body. I didn’t want Payton to see Brian kissing who I was assuming was Michelle since it looked like her. I try to push Payton back inside and away from the two, but her eyes land on them when I go to shuffle her.

Payton storms over to where the two stand and she yanks on Brian’s shoulder gaining negative attention as she starts screaming at Brian. I watched as Michelle’s golden painted lips mouthed the word “whore”. Payton stepped back and I could see the satisfied smirk on Michelle’s face and for the first time since I knew the baby could hear our voices I let a curse slip from between my lips.

“Payton come on, let’s get you upstairs.” I grab her wrist giving Michelle a harsh look.

“No!” She yells at me and I let go of her, “I want an explanation from this drunken piece of shit!” She screams shoving Brian backwards.

“Get the fuck away from me Payton!” Brian shouts shoving her with quite the amount of force.

I watch as Payton falls to the ground on her butt looking astonished at Brian who never strikes me as an angry man. Payton’s bottom lip quivered as she rubbed away some fallen tears from her face. She stands up looking humiliated and disappointed. She starts walking towards the door to leave when Brian apologizes.

“You’re only sorry you got caught Gates, you’re never sorry for hurting those who love you and I hope my friends keeps that baby away from you so you can never harm them.” She spat at him and turned and left the party leaving Brian staring at me with wide eyes.

“I need to go.” I mumble following Payton out to the yard and climbed into my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
UH-OH
Please Comment and Subscribe
What do you think is going to happen next between everyone?
--Lindsey Ann