Blossoming Fates

Turkey

My belly was swollen nearly ready to burst at eight months pregnant. I wasn’t quite there yet, but two weeks away. Brian placed his hands on my lower back guiding me through the large crowd of people inside my home who all gathered here for dinner. I was rushing to the large turkey that was being cooked inside my oven. I’d been up since five in the morning cooking with the help of Payton and Brian. The two were chilly cold to one another.

“I bet the cherry glaze will be great Emilee.” Payton said walking passed Brian and I heading towards her ‘date’.

“She’s right, she’s always right.” Brian murmured turning his head to watch her place a red plastic cup of wine into some guy’s hand.

I frowned sadly seeing Brian watch her closely wishing she’d forgive him already. He was spending this holiday without a date and Payton only brought this guy to show up Brian for what had happened on Halloween. Brian wanted Payton back badly and she needed to stop holding her grudges before something rips them apart.

“Turkey is done,” I call out to some of the guys who had crowded around the kitchen bar drinking beer and talking.

“Real men drink beer not wine.” Brian said nudging his head towards the pretty boy Payton brought here.

The guys laughed poking fun at the guy, “She’s trying to up you one.” I whisper amongst the guys to Brian who raises a skeptical eyebrow.

“She so is Haner!” Johnny hollered drawing a few stares but I shushed the rowdy boys.

“I’ll show her,” Brian mocked her actions pulling out a cellphone that I yanked from his hand harshly scolding him.

“Do not invite some bimbo here Brian, Payton won’t ever forgive you then.” I state slipping his phone into my grey cardigan pocket.

Payton looked our way narrowing her eyes as Brian and I whispered to each other as she laced her fingers through pretty boy’s fingers. His face lit up, but hers didn’t make a difference like it did when she was with Brian. Brian sipped some beer and laughed trying his best to most likely ignore the pain he felt inside his chest. I sighed pouring some gravy onto my homemade mash potatoes when suddenly my door flew open and in walked Zacky and Ashley. She looked gorgeous being thin and vibrant with her bright blue eyes craving the attention.

I noticed a shiny heart pendant hanging from her neck and I figured it was a gift from Zacky for whatever stupid reason. I turned back to see my potatoes drowning in gravy before Brian pulls the lipped cup away from my plate and cutting some turkey and putting it onto my plate.

“She’s got nothing on you Emilee, remember that.” Brian murmurs placing a kiss on my blushing face.

“How do you read my mind like that?” I ask him smiling

He looks over at Payton wincing when he sees pretty boy kissing her softly, “He’s got nothing on you,” I say sweetly pulling him back to my original question.

“I read your mind the same way you read mine.” He smirks at me before we both chuckle.

I pulled up my fork sitting down at the dinning room table as everyone shuffled in the kitchen piling up their plates with food. Ashley was sweet, but she hardly put anything on her plate. Maybe a spoonful of potatoes and a slice of turkey with hardly gravy on either sat on her plate. I looked back down to my plate seeing the monstrous amount of food on my plate, but that was just because I was pregnant. Although, I always had a big appetite and my dad loved that too, my mother wasn’t fond of the trait, but she was now.

Brian happily sat down next to me followed by his little sister McKenna and Matt too. I giggled at the feisty teen as she grilled Brian for what happened between Payton and him, but was thankful when she finally lightened up.

“She’s too much for her age.” He murmured when she finished eating and pushed away from the table.

“She’s just like you.” I commented and he only made a face before shuffling in more food.

“That’s how that little Banana is going to be, remember that, Emilee.” Matt joked before in taking a large spoonful of potatoes.

“No way, Banana is going to be sweet like Emilee.” I hear Payton mumble from behind us shining me a smile but quickly narrowing her eyes at Brian who only cursed under his breath and shimmied out the room.

Payton sat next to me frowning and resting her head on my shoulder. She whipped her head around seeing Pretty boy getting into it with Brian. She groaned before admitting she didn’t like him and just missed Brian. I just nodded and ate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann