Blossoming Fates

Beautiful Day

Zacky’s eyes locked in on mine as we sat across from each other inside the small restaurant alongside Matt, Val, Payton, Brian, Johnny, Lacey, and Zacky. I smiled briefly and tried tearing my eyes away from his striking green ones filled with various beautiful colors. I sucked in a breath wanting to forget his girlfriend and my present obligations and just feel his pink, plump lips on top of mine in a passionate and heated kiss. I sighed tearing my eyes away seeing a small smirk plaster itself across his face.

“So the baby is almost here,” Val announces and my face lights up like a thousand suns in a sky, “And I wanted to let you know that you should expect a friend for your little one.” She breathes out smiling at me.

“Val, you’re pregnant?” I ask her swelling up and over with joy.

“I found out last week that I’m nine weeks pregnant.” She says and I stand up hugging her before Lacey and Payton both congratulate her.

“Matt, man, now we’re going to have a little Syn and another mini Shadz,” Johnny jokes with his longtime friends who all laugh.

“It’s defiantly going to be hectic.” Matt replies and Brian nods his hand placing a loose arm around my shoulders wishing me luck.

“Let’s pray this baby is like his mommy.” I say confidently knowing this baby was a boy.

“The baby inside you is a girl you silly woman.” Brian says poking my nose and focusing back on to Val and Matt.

My blue-green eyes fall back onto the table where I place my ten dollars on the white clothed table nearly an hour as we all stood to leave the café. I hugged Val and Matt first wishing both of them to have a nice day with the news and specifically to enjoy the pregnancy. I smile and hug Johnny and Lacey as Lacey makes some plans with me to come over for a movie night this coming up weekend.

“I’ll come by later tonight to hang out with you. Ashley’s out of town and I miss hanging out like we once did.” Zacky murmurs in my ear as we wrap our arms around each other hugging goodbye.

“Sounds great Zee, I miss you too.” I say pulling away from him and pecking his cheek.

Payton’s fingers intertwined with Brian’s as they explained they come by later and check in on me and the baby. Payton smiled and I knew I’d be getting a bunch of news later on about the two lovebirds. I smiled and waved goodbye before climbing into the car and heading to the local cemetery. I needed to see my dad again.

I hadn’t visited in over eight months.

I walk alongside the grass edged sidewalk before crossing the lawn and standing in front of the grey colored headstone. I smiled weakly feeling the harsh reality hit me again as it always did when I was here. My dad wasn’t my real father, but he was my dad regardless. He was the guy I called Daddy when I was a child. He taught me to ride a bike, play volley ball, how to dance.
I kneeled before my father and bowed my head praying that he’s looking out for me and mom still. I hoped he was making sure it wasn’t Kylie’s time to depart from us too. Tears slipped between my shut eyelids.

“I miss you, dad.” I whisper before letting out everything I’ve been feeling lately.

I spent an hour and a half before saying goodbye and walking away from the area I had been sitting in. As I began walking back across the lawn another headstone pulls in my attention. I read the name James Owen Sullivan and for a reason unknown to me the name seems familiar. I ponder the idea and stand before the grave reading the dates underneath his name. I smile and pull a flower out from the ground a few feet away and lay it next to the headstone.

“Have a beautiful day in heaven James.” I say kindly before turning and heading back to the car and driving away.

The baby kicked a few times before settling down inside of me. I smiled when I saw that Brian’s car was parked outside my home. It was a nice day on December eighth. I didn’t know what we would do this afternoon before they went back home. I had hoped they’d have their date soon.

“Hey Pay,” I smile hugging her, “Hiya Brian,” I say open the front door and leading everyone inside.

“Let’s play some games.” Brian suggests and Payton and I chuckle at his foolishness.

“Sure Bri, go pick something.” I tell him and re runs off to the closet.

“You’ll be a great mom.” Payton reassures when Brian reappears.

“Thanks.” I smile sitting down and playing uno.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann