Blossoming Fates

Crash

It was nearing midnight when there was knocking on the door. I sighed pausing my movie and walking to the pounding at my door that was increasing in both pressure and sound. This had to be urgent, but who would come here so late at night. I peeked through the eyehole and smiled seeing Zacky on the other side of the door. I unlocked the door and pulled it open seeing Zacky smile weakly at me. His eyes were bloodshot and red rimmed. I was taken aback by his appearance with his messy hair sticking up randomly.

“Zacky what’re you doing-“

“Payton and Brian were in a car accident. We need to head to the hospital.” Zacky informs me quickly not giving me much time to comprehend what was going on.

“No they aren’t. They went out tonight on a date.” I try to reason with him thinking the hospital made a mistake.

Zacky grabbed my hand pulling me out of my home and into the car. We arrived at the hospital within moments and my mind was racing. It was probably just a minor collision and everyone would be just fine, but something in my gut told me otherwise and to mentally prepare for the worse. Zacky pulled into a parking spot and we walk into the waiting room that’s when all my eyes see the pain written faces in the small room.

Matt and Val sat with her in his lap and his arms around her waist holding her tight as she cried softly in his chest. Next to them sat Lacey who was watching Johnny pace back and forth. I knew these men had already lost one friend. If they lost Brian too it may kill them. Papa Gates and Suzy were sitting along another wall looking defeated. McKenna sat next to Lacey holding her hand as tears slipped down her face.

I saw Payton’s father, Robert, sitting with his back to the check in desk. He looked at his lap holding a hat in his hands while his fingers played with each other. I knew if he lost Payton too Robert would never forgive himself. He’d already lost his wife years ago to another man and only kept going for Payton. My mother sat next to him grabbing ahold of one of his hands.

“I need to go away,” I mumble pulling away from Zacky not being able to bare the sight of pain any longer.

“Wait,” Zacky calls after me as I head into another part of the wing if this hospital I knew too well.

My father died in this place. My sister lay sick every day in here trapped. I knew where I needed to go no matter how foolish it may have seemed months ago. Someone would need to hear my thoughts. Someone would maybe have a merciful eye on me and give me one of the two people involved in tonight’s accident. I sat down in one the pews farther in the back bowing my head as tears fell from my eyes. I murmured a few pleas of forgiveness and prayed God wouldn’t take both of them from me. I needed them.

I gripped hold of the seat trying not to shout on pain as a sharp pain seared through me. I stood walking away hurriedly to the waiting room where everyone was. I grabbed hold of my stomach feeling the pain rise from there. I turned another corner seeing everyone waiting in uncomfortable plastic chairs. I groan in pain squeezing my eyes shut before walking a few inches forward. I open them seeing Zacky lock his eyes in on my pushing Ashley off of his lap and jogging towards me.

“I’m in so much pain,” I moan in pain and Zacky grabs my head trying to lead me to sit down somewhere.

“How does it hurt?” He asks me looking at me before suddenly there was a rush of liquid and I look down seeing that my water broke.

“The baby can’t come yet,” I state shaking my head while he tries to soothe me and get a nurse’s attention.

A nurse wearing pink walked over to us looking worried asking me my name and age. She was curious how far along I was before insisting we get a doctor to see me. She began wheeling me away from Zacky until he grabbed the handle of the chair making her and I both stop. I didn’t want to do this alone. I needed someone. I needed anyone and I needed them right now. Tears poured down my face as my groans became louder.

“You aren’t family and that means you cannot come back there-“

“I’m not in the mood right now lady. My best friend, the child’s father, is in intensive care for a car accident. If you think for one second she is going out of my sight you’ve lost you fucking mind!” Zacky shouts causing the nurse to flinch but shut up regardless.

“Don’t leave me Zacky,” I say grabbing his hand.

“I won’t ever leave.” He says kissing my forehead gently as we go into the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann