Blossoming Fates

Impulse

Matt and Val opted for babysitting Sophia since I didn’t want my baby back inside the hospital regardless of it being sterile. It would be easy for her to get sick since she was weak. Brian, Zacky, and I headed for the hospital in Zacky’s car. I sat beside Zack while Brian sat nervously tapping his thigh behind me. I knew he hoped like hell that Payton was okay. Brian had confessed of wanting to marry her and being with her. He just felt something so magnetic with Payton.

When Zacky pulled into a parking space my body felt frozen similar to how it always has whenever being at the hospital. It felt like my whole world revolved around the building. Brian pushed open his door disregarding his nerves and headed for the entrance. I lingered behind with Zacky a few feet in front of me. He watched my closely reading my body language. He waited for me because I needed him too.

“She’ll be okay,” Zacky mumbles a few minutes later not taking his eyes off of me.

“It’s just that nothing good happens here Zee. My dad died here, my sister had lied here dying, and Brian and Payton ended up here. I’m just loosing it.” I admit

“Sophia was born here, Emilee.” Zacky commented and he was right.

“Alright, just don’t leave.” I mumble out grasping hold of his outstretched hand.

“I’ll never leave you.” Zacky promises grabbing hold of my hand and squeezing it offering some support.

We walked down the hallways filled with nurses and doctors until hitting Payton’s room. I stared at the numbers much like I did with Brian the day I first saw him after giving birth to Sophia. Zacky pushes the door open and I see Brian standing at the foot of her bed. I had refrained from being here often due to Brian’s moody behavior towards anyone besides her. But I knew that from his facial expression something was wrong. I squeezed Zacky’s hand earning two more in return before letting him lead me to see Payton.

“Hey Pay,” I murmur to see her smile

“Hi,” She says weakly.

“How are you feeling Honey?” I ask her, but she doesn’t respond at all.

Finally a doctor walks in and we immediately pounce on asking him questions. They ruined my best friend in the entire universe and I was pissed for that. She apparently went under many surgeries, some which included her brain due to the impact of the car. The doctor explained she has been experiencing forgetfulness, but she didn’t recognize Brian much while we stood there. Anything could happen from here on we just had to wait, but that’s not what I wanted. Brian stormed out leaving a hurt Payton behind that was now mine and Zacky’s responsibility. A sigh pushes through my lips as I look at the girl before me now somewhat.

“Why was he so angry with me?” Payton asks us after a few minutes of silence.

“Payton, you don’t remember Brian?” I ask her and she only shrugs.

“Brian used to be very important to you and he’s upset that you don’t remember him.” Zacky says smiling weakly.

“Who are you?” Payton asks him but before Zacky can answer, “You’re Zacky Vengeance.”

“What happened to me?” She asks finally.

“Well you and Brian were in a car while going out somewhere and you two were hit by a truck.” I explain to her careful not to upset her.

Zacky and I finish our session of nurse and doctor when her father pushes through the door. I was thankful to be done for the day because that was too much to handle in there for me. I don’t know how Brian handled it because at least she remembered me. She knew who I was and the memories we had shared as children and teenagers. We found Brian sitting at a cafeteria table flexing his hand and wincing in pain from time to time. I knew that the pain was due to his high emotions currently but I couldn’t help him.

“Let’s get some air,” Zacky suggests and I follow him outside the entrance of the hospital.

“Thank you for being there during everything.” I say looking up into his gorgeous green eyes.

“I’d do anything for you Emilee.” He says smiling down at me but I couldn’t take it anymore.

I reached up starring into Zacky’s green orbs before pushing my lips to his. It took a few seconds but Zacky reacted and pulled me closer to him than ever before. Snaking my arms around Zacky’s neck I deepen the kiss before we both pull away in need of some air. I opened my mouth to announce I liked him more than any other person before. I told him that I wanted to be with him. However when Zacky’s smile started to appear it faded in the ring of his cell phone. It was a call from Ashley.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe to my story
AND go check out my newest one Private Parts
it features bad boy Gates.
--Lindsey Ann