Blossoming Fates

Crawling

I placed the last of my box into Zacky’s living room because I was finally moved in with him. Zacky had asked me to move in with him a few months ago and I declined before finally caving and taking that leap of faith. Sophia was being cradled by Zacky as she had woken up from her nap her different eyes looking up into Zacky’s mesmerizing eyes. I couldn’t believe that she was six months old today. It seemed like it was yesterday that she was born.

“I think Sophia is glad you two moved in here with me.” Zacky claims before handing her off to me.

“Well then she would seem to have great judgment,” I respond and watch as Zacky laughs at my pitiful excuse of a joke.

“I’m glad you moved here.” Zacky admits making my face heat up.

Zacky leans in pecking my lips after complimenting my blushing. We both pull apart as Sophia begins cooing in her baby language which I find undeniably cute. Zacky smiles down at the baby kissing her forehead before pulling away from us both to carry a box filled with my shoes to his closet upstairs. I was truly thankful for telling Zacky the truth the day Brian told me too.

Sophia nuzzled closer to me curling her small hands around my fingers holding them as she starred up at me with her mysterious colored eyes. However my attention was drawn away as the front door opened and in walked Brian and Payton. They dealt with so much after the car accident I doubted that they’d ever be back to where they were, but so far they’ve proved me wrong.

“How are you two?” I ask and Payton chews her lip staring at me zoning out briefly.

Brian placed a hand on her shoulder, “Pay, sweetie, Emilee was talking to you.” He pulls her back to reality and she smiles at me.

“Sorry, Emilee, sometimes I just go.” She says making a slight joke that forced a smile onto Brian’s face, “How is baby Sophia?” She asks me.

“She’s doing great.” I admit as she reaches her hands out towards Brian who is now laughing wholeheartedly.

I looked back over to see Payton had vanished again lost in her thoughts. It happened often but Brian always brought her back to us. After she woke up the doctor had to do an emergency surgery as a hemorrhage had appeared. After the surgery Payton was completely lost in limbo. She couldn’t talk her move her limbs. She was just an empty vessel but every day Brian went there and stayed there for hours talking to Payton. He swore he could see her eyes light up with excitement at the things he had said. Finally one day when Brian couldn’t make it Payton had a break down at the hospital screaming for Brian. All she said was his name repeatedly. He’d always bring her back to life.

Payton did forget things a lot more than ever before and she needed assistance with daily things. Brian was currently teaching her how to drive again because he wanted her to be able to take minimal care for herself when he was on tour. It was sweet and he never lost patience either which amazed everyone around Brian.

“Payton, do you want something to drink?” Brian asked her earning her attention.

“I would love a drink,” Payton admits nodding her head.

Brian hands me Sophia as Zacky walks back into the room smiling widely at all of us. I set Sophia down on the ground in front of me and I laugh as she kicks her feet shuffling around, at least trying to. But as everyone settles into conversation I watch as Sophia pushes herself up enough to crawl a few inches. Sucking in a deep breath I draw everyone’s attention including Payton’s. They all scuffle around me and Sophia worried something bad had happened.

“She’s crawling!” I exclaim jumping up reaching for my camera to record it.

“She really is quite the fighter,” Zacky says winking at me, “I’m glad we’re all here to see this.”

“She looks so much like you, Brian.” Payton mentions smiling.

Payton sometimes forgot that Brian and I were Sophia’s parents and we’d have to explain to her the story of everything. However, it seemed she too was progressing in her steps forward. Maybe one day my best friend would completely be back but even if that never happened, I’d still love her like a sister. Brian hugged me from the side before kissing Payton’s cheek merrily.

Zacky picks Sophia up who smiles at him like a daughter would a father. Sophia was very lucky to have such a huge family all equally in love with her. She even had a friend too. Val gave birth to Ronan a little ago and Sophia did love him even if she was a baby. She’d coo at him and want to lay with him all the time.

“Are we ready to head out for another barbeque with the guys?” Zackys asks us all and we nod our heads before heading out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
This is almost finished with ending on chapter 65
--Lindsey Ann