Blossoming Fates

Movie Night

I pulled into the driveway taking in the view of the rather large home that my friend lived in. I was impressed by his house. Zacky must really do well with his graphic design studio. Shutting my car off and grabbing my purse I head up to the front door. I knock on it before Zacky pulls open the door and brings me into his arms again. My smile broadens before I pull away and walk fully into his house. He tells me I can put my things on the dining room table before asking me if I want soda or a beer to drink. I simply ask for some coke. I began to wonder what we will be watching.

“The movies are placed away in the T.V stand, pick out whatever you want Lee.” He says as he pours my drink and grabbing himself a beer

I head into the living room and can see that there are some pillows and throw blankets on the black couch. I smile tucking a strand of hair behind my ears. I pull open the drawer where the movies lay and look through them. They are mostly violent and gory which was something I liked. Although I enjoyed a good chick flick, I was more of a blood and gore fan. I scan through the movies seeing that a lot of zombie movies were placed in the stand. I had never seen Night of the Living Dead. I grab the movie and place it on the coffee table before turning and seeing Zacky standing behind me holding my drink.

“I have some popcorn popping,” He says causing both he and I to chuckle “and I also got us some candy to snack on.” He grabs a bag from the coffee table and shows me all sorts of candy.

“You got almost like all of my favorites.” I exclaimed smiling up at him

“I wanted you to enjoy tonight, besides you chose to see me tonight rather than a hot buff dude.” He says poking me gently on the nose causing me to crinkle my nose up and laugh loudly.

I pick up the movie showing him it and he looks shocked once I say I’ve never seen it before. I only smiled before walking over to the couch and sitting down. I brought my legs up and curled them underneath me. He smiled at me for a second before putting the movie in the DVD player and then coming to be next to me after he hit play. The opening credits rolled onto screen but once the movie began to play we couldn’t have been less interested. We were so much more interested in each other that I couldn’t even call this a movie night.

“So how can a fox like you have no boyfriend?” He asked with every hint of playfulness in his silky voice.

I shrug my shoulders, “I had one, but I didn’t give him enough attention I guess.” I admit in a low and shameful voice

“What do you mean?” He asks again with clear interest in my personal life

“My sister, Kylie, she has cancer and I spend about every waking minute that I’m not at work with her. She is hardly twenty-one and still fighting it. She was diagnosed at nineteen.” I finish and he smiles sadly at me

Zacky explains how he lost someone very close to him not too long ago. He was like a brother to Zacky. I felt awful for him and Kylie both. I began to cry and Zack freaked out trying to soothe me. I started screaming that it wasn’t fair for such young people to be in pain. It wasn’t fair that the good people died young. Zack brought me up tightly in his arms and gently began rocking me. I slowly calmed down and he took notice once my breathing evened out. Zack looked down at me smiling as he brushed some hair away from my face. I was sure I looked awful, but he never once hinted towards it. All he did was make me laugh from that moment on. He began to tickle me and I squealed in surprise once he grabbed my sides and began squeezing me.

“You’re an amazing person Emilee, I’m lucky to call myself your friend.” He admits

“Thanks,” is all she can muster up to say.

They both lay next to each other slightly crushed by what Zack had said. He didn’t want to just be her friends. That was the absolute last thing he wanted. He hadn’t felt this good since before Jimmy passed away. He knew Emilee was special. He wasn’t going to lose her, but he’d allow he some time before asking her on a real date. It’s what was necessary.

Zack knew it would be best for both him and her. Gena, his most recent ex, had been badly hurt by their break up and was still trying to see him. She had been there through Jimmy’s death, but comfort couldn’t be enough to keep him with someone. They never understood each other anymore. They always cheated on one another. It wasn’t what he wanted to settle down to. He wanted someone he could bring around the guys and around his family. He wanted someone who wasn’t judgmental and suspicious of everything. He wanted someone confident and self-posed. He looked down at the now sleeping Emilee and smiled to himself as he gently caressed her face. He knew the person he wanted described Emilee, but he didn’t want someone life Emilee. He wanted Emilee.

He pulled the blanket around her before he got enough nerves to place a delicate kiss on her face. He’d wake her up in a half hour, but he knew she would want to sleep off her outbreak of emotions. He would love to meet Kylie. Emilee talked highly of her little sister. He got up from the couch and headed upstairs to make a quick phone call to Brian, one of his long time best friends.

The phone rang twice before the guitarist picked up the phone, “Hey Vengeance,” he greeted into the phone

“Hey Syn, I kind of just wanted to talk to you.” He was going to tell Brian about Emilee

“Sure man, what’s going on?” Brian asked Zack afraid it’d involved Gena

Zack explains how him and Emilee are just friends and that he wants to bring her to Matt’s barbeque that they have every so often. It gave Matt and excuse to use his grill. Brian reassured Zack that the guys, including himself, would be excited to meet Emilee. When they got off the phone Brian couldn’t understand why the name Emilee sounded strangely familiar. He brushed it off thinking it may have just been some girl he flirted with somewhere and forgot about her. He chuckled before heading out to the bar where he’d probably fuck some hot blonde. Brian was enjoying his bachelor days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann