My Supernatural Life

Wendigo

"Do you ladies need any help?"

Jenna lifted her head from her hands and looked at the guy in front of her, and instead of feeling foolish and silly, she almost felt casual, like she had seen him before. Emily was staring, too. She looked back at her twin sister, then at Dean and shook her head, smiling a little even though she felt like a complete idiot.

"No, thanks."

"Only if you're sure. I thought I heard you lost your wallet?"

Jenna hesitated; had she really been that loud?

"Yeah, she did. We took a cab to get out of Lost Creek, but the guy didn't know where he was going,"

Emily butted in, leaning over the table to grin at Dean, as his dark haired companion followed. Dean frowned at the comment, before looking out the corner of his eye at his brother.

"Where are you guys headed to?"

"Blackwater Ridge, we want to go camping."

Emily blurted before Jenna could reply. Sam glanced at Jenna, who looked away.

"Blackwater Ridge, huh? We were headed up there tomorrow morning, on a search party."

Sam cleared his throat.

"One second, ladies."

Dean allowed Sam to drag him to the side. Sam turned on his brother, slightly angry.

"We can't bring them."

"Why not?"

"First of all, we don't even know them. We can't bring them along, Dean."

Dean looked crestfallen for all of three seconds, before looking over his shoulder at the two girls, who were also having a similar conversation.

"Hey, they're the ones going camping. Not us."

Before Sam could roll his eyes, Dean was back at the table, speaking excitedly to the two young women.

-------


In the morning (after Dean had paid for their breakfast which they didn't want in the first place), Dean and Sam had found out their names; Jenna and Emily. Twins, they were raised mainly by a friend of the family while their father went on hunting trips. Their mother abandoned them. Sam felt bad for them, but he didn't see what Dean apparently saw in them. There was an obvious click in the four of them; they had all eased into such comfortable states with each other. Sam mulled over their story. To him it sounded very familiar, only he and Dean raised themselves, they didn't have the same help they did.

"So, what are you two doing out of school?"

Dean asked as he drove the Impala up the hill, climbing steadily towards Blackwater Ridge. Emily held her hand with the cigarette out side of the car, while Jenna played with the end of her shirt. Sam glanced back at them, before looking at Dean, unsure of how to go about speaking to them. The wounds from Jess' death was still fresh, although he knew there was something different going on with these two.

"I dropped out,"

Emily offered, leaning to the side to take a puff of her cigarette.

"I took my GED early."

Jenna replied softy. Dean made a noise, which earned him a few daggers from Jenna. Sam smiled at her; she sounded familiar. As they crept up towards the top of the hill, Dean saw Hailey, the girl's whose brother was missing from the Ridge. They pulled up and over to the side, and Dean killed the engine. He turned around and looked at the two girls.

"Alright. This is where we part ways. I hope you two young ladies have a good camping trip."

"I hope the search goes well."

Emma responded, making Dean smile. They all climbed out, and the twin Winchesters headed towards the East, while the hunting trip went north.

-------


Of course, Sam and Dean met their fair share of trouble while on impromptu hunts like this. With this one, they hadn't expected the trouble that seemed to pile one on top of the other. Dean was growing frustrated with the guide, and Sam was beginning to crack under the pressure. At the beginning of the evening, they had settled everything, except for how they knew what they were hunting, and how the guide refused to believe them.

"Everyone, stay in the circle."

Dean said. The Wendigo was old, fast, and hungry. Only eating every 23 years seemed to do that.

"The magic circle?"

Came the snide remark from the guide. Dean closed his eyes, tempted to make a snide comment of his own.

That was when they heard the scream. Feminine and close by, Sam and Dean pressed shoulders and looked in the area it had come from, at first sure that it was just the Wendigo playing tricks. But when the scream came again, closer this time, there was something remotely human about it. The bushes trembled and shook, before exploding in movement. The familiar face of Emily ran at them, and without thinking Dean grabbed her and hugged her in close, much like he would if Sam had come running to him.

"Emily? Emily! What's wrong, how did you..."

"It took Jenna!"

Emily screamed, her identical eyes flooded with tears. Dean gripped her shoulders tightly. The Wendigo had Jenna, Tommy, and who knows who else. The Winchester brother looked at Sam, who looked back at the others who were frightfully glancing at the hysterical girl. Dean hugged Emily close, before holding her at arm's length.

"Stay with us, and we'll find your sister."

-------


The guide went missing.

Hailey was also missing, too. Dean was as well. By the time Sam, Hailey's younger brother, and Emily had all found this out, there was an uneasy feeling in the air. Sam brought them towards an empty mine, walking slowly as Emily stuffed a half full bottle of alcohol with a rag.

"Where did you pick this up?"

Sam whispered. If they spoke too loud, the Wendigo could possibly catch them.

"My dad taught me,"

Emily murmured. Sam paused and glanced down at her.

"Your dad did? I thought he-"

"My dad works... a bunch of odd jobs. He's always had a kink for the supernatural."

The reply was forced, pieced together. Sam knew the tone. That didn't matter now, though. He flashed his light and it caught off the necklace belonging to...

"Dean!"

Sam whispered, rushing to his brother. Emily ran to Jenna and Hailey's brother ran to her and Tommy. They furiously untied the knots and woke the missing people up, Sam hauling Dean to feet, while Emily cradled Jenna's head in her lap.

"Dean, they know how to hunt."

Sam whispered urgently to Dean, who was trying to get the feeling back into his legs.

"Hunt?"

Before they could answer, a monstrous, inhumane howl ripped through the shaft. Gathering everyone together, Dean snatched the discarded bottle from the ground and ran for the Wendigo, while Sam herded the group towards a different exit.

-------


"The grizzly had to be... 800, 900 pounds..."

Hailey, Tommy and Jenna were being looked after. Dean pulled Emily off to the side.

"How did you know about the Wendigo, Emily?"

"My father's a .... he..."

"What?"

Dean snapped.

"You wouldn't believe me. I just ... know, alright?"

Dean stared at her. Sam came over to them, holding a strange phone in his hand.

"Dean?"

"I better go check on Jenna."

Emily left in a hurry, as Dean and Sam turned to each other and began to speak in low voices. There was nothing more they could do here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one all over the place. Sorry!