Status: Back and running!

Speak the Truth, Even if Your Voice Shakes

13

The favoritism has gotten old. I know my father favors my sister over me. She can play softball, I can't. She's fit, I'm not. I work my ass off to get approval, she brings home a C- and gets praised for it. I'm in band because it's the only thing I can physically do now, because of these pieces of shit I call knees, but she can make the varsity softball team her freshman year. I remember when I was good enough to do that.

I think to myself, "I'll blame it on God," and I'm scream and cry to Him, begging to know why He put me in this situation. Why did He take away my ability to do the only thing I ever truely loved. When He had this plan for me, did He not see that it would not only destroy me, but also my relationship with my father? I can't blame God though, because only I put myself in this situation.

My dad would rather watch a football game on TV than see me preform, but tell him that my sister has practice in twenty minutes while he's watching a game, he'll leave third quarter, when the score is tied 7-7. Everyone says I'm just overreading things, but I know I'm not. I try to talk to him, and he plays WoW, but let her come into the room and ask him to throw the ball, and he'll get off immediately, even if he's in the middle of a "raid". He screams at me for having an attitude but does he not see that he's the cause of it.

I'm just tired of it all. So tired.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anonymous