Status: Back and running!

Speak the Truth, Even if Your Voice Shakes

27

I hate this. I hate that the ONE guy I've never been able to push away, the one who's always broken down my walls and made me smile when all I felt like doing was crying, the one who leaves me feeling charmed against my better judgement, doesn't feel the same for me. That, instead of looking at me, like I've subconsciously wanted him to do this whole time, he looks at other girls, girls that are more confident, pretty, and don't have any emotional baggage.
The girls that he comes to talk to me about. ME. The girl who has so pathetically fallen for him.
But I don't blame him. I've never given him any reason to think that I might think of him like that. This whole time we've only been 'friends'. I'm the person he can come to when he likes a girl or thinks she's pretty and knows I won't tease him for it. He knows I can keep a secret.
Maybe one too many secrets, apparently.
And now, when I've FINALLY let myself admit to liking him, what happens? He begins to flirt with my friend. She's new at our school and he's only recently had a full conversation with her. But I knew immediately what he was thinking, what he was doing. He might not think I can read as well as I do, but he's wrong. It's because I'm always looking at him, always unconsciously following him with my eyes.
But he never looks back.
Now he's telling me that he thinks she'd cute and fun to hang out with and I know where this is going to go. It always starts out like this right before he lets himself fall for another girl. So he told me about her, just like he's done with dozens of others. But this time, I don't know if I can support him.
♠ ♠ ♠
An0nymous