Status: Back and running!

Speak the Truth, Even if Your Voice Shakes

30

My biggest secret is that right now, I'm telling everyone that I'm okay.

I'm telling my parents I'm fine, I have a thousand dollars in my bank account, I'm going to TAFE every day, I'm paid up on my rent for the next three months.
I'm telling my friends I'm fine, I've got hundreds in my bank account, I'm going to TAFE and I'm all paid up on my rent.
I'm telling my best friends that I'm fine, I have a couple hundred in my bank account, I'm going to TAFE most days of the week and my rent's coming up soon.
I'm telling my boyfriend that I'm fine, I don't have much money, but I got to TAFE most days, and I'm paid up on rent.

I'm telling you guys, strangers, that I'm not okay.
I have $8 in my bank account. I haven't been to TAFE in two weeks because I literally can't afford the $3 bus trip, and it's too far to walk. I have no job and no one's hiring. I starve myself every day so that the food my boyfriend bought for me lasts longer. My rent was due last week. I'm so scared and I'm so alone. All I want to do is kill myself. I send out subtle hints and I always wish so desperately that someone would see them and stop me. I wish that someone knew that I cry myself to sleep wondering how I could have fucked up so badly on my second chance...

I wish that someone cared...