Little Love For a Heavy Heart

Prologue

- Don't go, whispered the young man.

- I won't, replied a soft voice.

They both smiled at each other, one raised his hand and the other leaned his cheek against his large palm.

- You know I love you.
-I love you too, Matthew. More than ever.

He shot another smile to his soul mate, this time holding a sheepish sadness. He had to go.

- Is this why you have to go now, Brian?

The dark haired man closed his eyes for a second, approving his words.

- I'm sorry, he murmured.
- Don't be, angel. You'll be just fine.
- I'll be just fine, repeated Brian slowly.

He caressed his lover's face with his look, gazing at him through the tears covering his eyes.

- Shh..., spoke Matthew softly before leaning in to kiss his forehead.

Brian raised his finger lightly and ran it along his boyfriend's lips, lifting up the corner of his mouth sadly.

- I love you, he said in a low tone. I did it for you. I couldn't...I couldn't stand being far away from you, he continued, shaking his head. Please, Matt...get me out of here, please...

Matt protested weakly, pulling his man in his arms and holding him tightly.

- I'm here, baby. I'm here.

Brian squirmed and pushed him away.

- Run, love, he spoke quickly with a brightened look. Run!

Matthew clenched his teeth and got up.

- I love you so much, Brian.

His boyfriend pressed his hands against the floor and crawled away, shaking his head up and down quickly.

- I know. This is why I have to go.

With one last broken look, the taller man blew him a kiss before turning away and leaving.