Status: Working on sequal

Changing the Girl

Nebraska triggers flashbacks?

Nebraska! Goodness gracious was it beautiful. Open skies, fields of green, and long dirt roads.

In short: I loved it.

I was just chilling in my tour bus, on Twitter. “Hello Nebraska! I’ve got a surprise for you! I get to meet a really hot guy, and you all will see it! Can't wait!” I quickly typed and hit the Tweet button. I logged off, hit exit, and turned off the laptop. I closed it, and looked at the top. A distant smile came to my face.

The top of the white laptop was littered with band stickers. All Time Low was the entire first layer. Then some Blink shows up, The Maine, Beast Makes Bomb, BVB, BLG, FIR, ETF, A7X, and many many others.

Speaking of The Maine and Boys Like Girls; they were joining us! Alex introduced me to both, in fact they had stayed with us when their tour passed through. They’re all so very nice. Especially John O; he gave me candy! Oh, that sounded strange, but it was because I had fallen down some stairs.

*flashback start*

“Alex!” I called into the house, holding my arm to me. It hurt so bad. At school, some girl pushed me, and I went rolling down the stairs. She ran, and I ran the other way. It would be easy to say it was an accident. And I would.

“Yeah?!” I heard someone call. Tears streaked down my face. I was 13, and it was my first
broken bone.

I heard footsteps, and I sniffled as more tears made their way from my eyes. John from BLG came into my view. His jaw dropped and he rushed to my side. He carefully put his arms around me and led me to the kitchen. “Alex.” He said, and I could hear the slight panic. Everyone looked up from the tour plans on the table, and their eyes grew huge.

“Baby…” Alex trailed. He walked to me, and pushed John away gently. “Let me see.” I shook my head, not wanting him to touch it. “I won’t touch, okay?” Alex knew me well when it came to pain. My lip trembled but I nodded, taking my other arm away, and lowering the broken one.
It was black and blue; as was most of me. Alex bit his lip, and nodded. ”okay, Zack, start the car.” Alex commanded quietly.

“Alex,” I whimpered. Zack left, but all attention was on me. ”It hurts.” I said with a small sob.

“I know baby, I know.” He soothed.

I had bruises everywhere, and my sweat soaked hair clung to my face. Everything hurt, and I had to run to get home. School was a good six miles away, and I didn’t want anyone else from school to get me.

Alex pushed some hair from my deathly pale face, and kissed my sweaty forehead. Zack ran in, and nodded his head to Alex. “Let’s go.” He said to me.

Jack, Rian and Zack were obviously going to follow. John O and Martin were the next to follow.
The van only had eight seats, so the others jumped into our other car. Zack slid into the front seat and started to shift the van. Jack, Rian and Martin claimed the way back. I sat in the middle with Alex, and John took the passenger seat.

Alex buckled me in as we drove off, and then he buckled himself. I leaned against him, tears still flowing from my eyes. He carefully wrapped his arms around me. Then, John figured it out. “We’re too young, this is never gonna work. That’s what they say,you’re gonna get hurt. But I know something they don’t.” He started to sing in a soothing voice. Alex caught on as I tried to slow my breathing.

“I hear your heart, beating right in time. Right from the start, I knew I had to make you mine.” Alex joined in. Their voices complemented each other’s gorgeously.

“And now I’ll never let you go. Don’t they know that love won’t lie?” Martin joined in. All three of them together was like heaven. I decided to ruin it, and join in.

“Don’t listen to the world, they say we’re never gonna make it.” Alex’s voice died out, and I looked up. Keep going he mouthed.”Don’t listen to your friends, they would have never let us start.” Martin’s voice left too, but Alex indicated for me to continue. “And don’t listen to the voices in your head, listen to your heart.” John and I sang together. “This promise, doesn’t have to be too loud.” Johns voice left mine, and I started to panic. Alex motioned for me to keep going. “Just whisper, I can find you in a crowd. I think it’s time we run away.”

“Your brother! Says I’m not good enough!” John started with a slight smirk. “Your mother! He thinks that this is just a phase.”

“Wait, he?” I asked watery. It still hurt immensely.

“Yes. Alex is your brother, and Jack is your Mommy.” John explained sweetly. A small laugh escaped my lips. But that made my arm move, and I squeaked in pain. Everyone got concerned and John started again “I think that we should run away!” on “away!” the boys (Alex and Martin) joined in.

As the chorus started, the rest joined in. I tried to force myself to pay attention; to calm down.

But we couldn’t have parked at the hospital soon enough. Alex quickly unbuckled me, and rushed us inside. A nurse came over and calmly took me to a room.

X-Rays, plaster, purple wrap, and three hours later: I was sitting on a hospital bed waiting for my brother. In walked John. He plopped down on a chair by my bed with a hefty sigh.”I cannot BELIEVE your brother! He’s being COMPLETELY irrational! I guess it’s ‘cause he loves you so much…” He contemplated. I smiled softly. “Hey! Have a lollipop!” John suddenly exclaimed with a rush of happiness. He conjured a watermelon blow pop from his skinny jean pocket, and handed it to me with a giant smile. I took it, and grinned back.”Can I sign your-“

“ABSOLUTELY NOT!” Alex said, scandalized, to John. He walked fully into the room and closed the door, still staring in disbelief to John.

“Why not?” whined John.

“I’m her brother. I get first signing rights!” And with that, Alex walked over with a silver
sharpie. “The hot nurse lady told me your cast was purple-though I could have guessed-and I knew, just knew, that I’d have to sign in silver!” Alex explained while bending down next to me.
He scrawled, “I know what happened and that you won’t tell me, I love you anyways and always! Love, Allycat <3”. I looked and slowly traveled my gaze to Alex. He gave me a smirk, and winked knowingly. A quick kiss was pecked onto my cheek, and Alex swooped me up into his arms. We walked out of the hospital, me in my brothers arms sucking on a blow pop.

*flashback over*

That was the longest back story for a back story and half of it was irrelevant to the point I was trying to make! Anyways, John is awesome. And super sweet. And when I was 13 I had a crush on him. Don’t judge, you would too!

Bottom line: I was REALLY happy to be in Nebraska.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is dedicated to ThisKitty because she harrased me enough to do this ;) ahh it's cool, I would have never got this done without any encouragement. This is also dedicated to:
HauntedFlautist123 and
holly_x333 and LBRYRFN !!!!!!! Check them out!

I feel bad dedicating this chapter because it is horrible. Some of you will try and say it's not, but honestly I typed it in two nights and wanted to post it. The idea was more of a 'get-to-know-the-charactors-more' and it just went to hell.

Lyrics are to Listen To Your Heart by The Maine.

If you're still reading, I should tell you: I'm not wearing any socks!

Yes, I am completely aware of how lame that was :D

What I actually wanted to say was: You guys (anyone who has read this, or the prequal) are amazing! Seriously, I love all of you! Whenever I'm sad, I look at the comments-just to make me smile. Hell, even the amount of people who have read these makes me happy. So thank you for being one of my few reasons to awake in the morning. You give a sad little girl hope that she won't always be sad. <3

Love you all, Bye!