Status: Working on sequal

Changing the Girl

Confessions Of A Teenage Rebell With A Losing Streak

Bryan was in headlock by Seth, and Zeke was tickling him. What was with these boys and tickling? Anyways, Max was hitting on Miranda (who looked majorly amused, yet played along). Harry was filming it. I walked up behind him, and slowly put my head next to his. “Howdy.” I said in his ear.

“HOLLY MOTHER FUCK!” Harry yelled and dropped the camera. I giggled while stepping back. He looked up at me, and lost his words. By now the rest were watching, and all Harry did was point. “You!” He said happily. I pointed back.

“You!” and grinned. Then I bit my lip, “May I hug you?”

“Uh…yeah yeah…” He said, taken off guard. Miranda was filming by now. I leaned down, and we hugged. As I pulled away he said, “Thank you for not attacking my ear drum.” I giggled.

“Sorry ‘bout that. I guess I fangirled a little…” I mumbled, still smiling. Gosh was I giddy.

“A little? I couldn’t hear for an hour!”

“What? One can never fangirl too much. I might have been slightly loud though.” I contemplated at the end.

“A bit.” He said, smiling. I grinned and brought my hands up, clasping them together.

“Excited much?” Asked a highly amused Zeke. I didn’t show excitement that much, but this was THE Harry. So it was worth it.

“Uhaha…yeah.” I said awkwardly.

“Alright, any ideas where to do this?” Asked Bryan. I thought for a moment.

“Well, there’s the stage, the seats, our bus, our green room-“

“The stage is empty?” Asked Miranda.

“Yeah, we have a week off and we’re spending it here. We play in a few days, so no one’s using it.” I explained.

“What d’you think?” Bryan asked Harry.

“Sounds sweet.”

So we went along our merry way until we reached the stage. I grabbed a chair and we went to center stage. Sitting down, Harry came up beside me. I smiled at him nervously. The excitement went down a fraction and I was nervous.

Harry conjured papers, and straightened them. “Kay, just count down when you’re ready.” Said Bryan.

“Uh 3, 2, 1 Hi there, were doing things differently today. You see, Izzy here realized just how more awesome I am than Bryan, so I get to interview her.”

“Hey!” Bryan yelled. I laughed, while Harry just smirked.

“Anyways, I’m Harry and I’m here with one fifth of If Looks Could Kill. Izzy Jay!”

“Wooo!” I cheered lightly.

“So, let’s jump right into it. Some light questions first off. Favorite colour?”

“Purple!” I said, clapping my hands. I LOVED purple!

“If you could make out with anyone, who would it be?”

“Want something to talk about in BryanStars News?” He shrugged. “Max Verteli.” I stated,
looking completely serious.

“YES!” Yelled Max. Zeke and Seth shook their heads, grabbed an arm each, and dragged Max
away with a wave.

“Haha okay so…you dyed your hair I see.”

“Yes! Do you like it?” I had the top layer dyed hot pink. So my hair was black and pink. It kicked
ass.

“Yeah. I remember I called you right before you got your hair done.”

“Haha yeah.” I looked towards the camera. “I actually fangirled through the phone-“

“a.k.a. made me half def.”

“oops…and the guys went up, then we,” I indicated between Harry and I, “Decided to do this. It
was actually really cute how nervous he was to ask.” I added.

“Thank you! And you said you got your hair dyed with Alex and Jack.”

“Of All Time Fucking Low!” I cheered.

“Proud much?”

“hells yeah! They’re amazing people. Honestly, they might be ten years older than me, but they’re some of my best friends. All of the ATL crew is.” I said with a fond smile.

“Well that’s sweet!”

“Why thank you!”

“Welcome! Now, I have some slightly deep and actually deep questions.” I nodded to him.

“What does the name If Looks Could Kill mean?”

“Well, it’s like when people are hating on you, but you’re too scared to do anything. You can’t or
you feel as though you can’t stand up for yourself. But you can glare. So you go around, glaring at anyone who dares to hurt you or another. And if looks could kill, they’d be dead.” I explained thoughtfully.

“Is that how your fans got their name?” I laughed lightly at his question.

“Yeah, one night on stage I made a comment. I was all ‘ya guys know what? (*giggle a little
manically*) If looks could kill, I’d be a homicidal maniac!’ and when this band formed and we
named it, our fan base, the beautifully indescribable people they are, remembered me saying this and decided they were going to be Maniacs. I think it’s amazing they decided this; I love that we can call them Maniacs. Hell, they have a theme song!” I said happily. Gosh, I loved the fans.

“Theme song?”

“Well, kind of. Every now and then, one of us just sort of starts yelling, ‘MANIACS! MANIACS!’ and they yell back, ‘ON THE FLOOR!’.”

“How did THAT start?”

“I was on stage and ran out of things to talk about so I just started singing it. Then Zeke was all, ‘when we say Maniacs Maniacs you say on the floor!’ and we did that a few times. It sort of just happened.”

“Mhmm now you mentioned another band you were in?” I tensed slightly.

“Uh yeah. We were called Rejected Since Birth, and we broke up about a month before ILCK.
Cole, our Merch bitch, was in it with me.”

“Why’d you break up?”

“Addictions ran like tears during that time period, and all of our parents worst fears came out to play. Hearts were broke, minds shattered, and only two may tell the tale they refuse to speak of.” I said in a far away voice, staring at the ground. The three of them were silent.

“Well…that was deep…are they lyrics?”

“They are now!” I said almost sarcastically, but I had a smile present on my face.

“Good.” He said with a smile. Then it disappeared, and he bit his lip. We were getting serious
now (as if we weren’t before). “Addictions? What were you addicted to, if you were?” I took a breath. I can’t lie to the fans, they might be helped knowing this. And someone will find out
other wise, and I don’t want to be caught in a lie.

“Alcohol and cigarettes. I had a problem with cutting and anorexia also.” I explained, slightly
resistant.

“Are you over it?”

“Alcohol, defiantly. I don’t want to go back to that one. At all. Smoking, yes. After I realized how much it could screw up my voice, I quit. Cutting, I won’t lie. I do slip up. Cutting is an addiction. Once you start, you feel as though you should go back to that. But it’s been brought to my attention that it doesn’t help. I realize that now, but I do slip up. I’m human, I’m not perfect. And the anorexia. I stopped, and I guess I slip up. It’s more of a forgetting to eat sometimes.”
I hoped the fans didn’t hate me for that. I wanted them to know I was like some of them.

“You’re very honest.” Harry commented.

“I want people to know that it’s not only them going through this. That they’re not alone, and I know they hear this all the time. A year ago, after hearing it so much, it started to mean less. I figured no one knew what was going on, and I didn’t know anyone who was going through it. I believe that together, we can heal. Individual it may be, but we can a movement, if we all try just one more time. We’ll be there every step of the way.” I said sincerely, looking directly to the camera.

“You care about your fans a lot?”

“They’re the reason I’m even sitting here. There have been many points where I just wanted to give up. I just got so tired of living. Even when I was in the band, earlier on, we had a huge fan base but I just wanted to give up on myself. But then I remembered them. Their stories and smiles. Their tears and voices. I couldn’t. I had to get up and I had to keep on living. And after a while, I started to smile when I awoke, and I didn’t have to tell myself to breathe because it comes naturally now. And I can honestly say, without the Maniacs, I wouldn’t be here right now.” I said with tears coming to my eyes. I loved them so much.

Harry seemed speechless after that one. Bryan and Miranda looked shocked and I just stared innocently at them. “Um…wow…I think that’s a good place to leave off…uh…well there you have it?” I gave a slight wave and Miranda turned the camera off.

“That was probably one of the most serious interviews on BryanStars. Ever.” Stated Bryan.

“In a good way.” Clarified Miranda.

“Well…thanks for the interview?” Said Harry, unsurely.

“Anytime. Wanna go get some food?” I asked, trying to change the subject. It worked. The boys eyes lit up a little.

“Yes!” They chimed together.

“Come on!” I said with an eye roll. Miranda and I shared a look that quite plainly read: “Boys.”

We all got up and commenced walking. Miranda turned the camera back on, and we were making random conversation.

“I kind of wonder how big a moose’s balls are. I mean, the animal is huge, so how big are they.” Bryan commented.

“What is with you and male parts!?” I exclaimed/asked.

“He really likes them, if you know what I mean.” Harry said with a wink. I laughed as Bryan went, “oooh yeeaah!” We all just goofed around and ate some food. The camera filming the whole thing. I loved hanging out with them. They had an amazing sense of humor, and I loved it.

We finished our food, and decided to head back. As we walked across the venue, the three of them greeted different bands and even scheduled new interviews. But our adventure soon came to a stop as we reached the bus. I took out my phone and turned to them. They looked slightly confused. “I have been waiting too damn long to meet you guys to not get a picture. I forgot last time, but I have remembered.”

They smiled and indicated to go ahead. I hopped over to Bryan, and we made a fun face. Miranda took my phone and snapped the picture. I went over to Miranda and Bryan took it from her. We made “alluring” faces. Which were actually pretty hilarious. Then I turned to Harry. I smiled at him, and he opened his arms. I held in a giggle and walked to him. Harry pulled me into him, and we put our faces next to each other.

Yet another fantastic day with the BryanStars crew.
♠ ♠ ♠
“Addictions ran like tears during that time period, and all of our parents worst fears came out to play. Hearts were broke, minds shattered, and only two may tell the tale they refuse to speak of.” MINE. MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE. Unless its lyrics that is. They're part of a song I'm writing, I just changed them to talking form.

2nd update of the night.

I love you guys!