Status: My first story. Please take it easy on me. Haha.

Sometimes It Lasts in Love

Gotta Have A Little Faith To Fall Back On

(Hunter's POV)
After leaving Atlantic, I couldn't stop thinking about Leslie. She was so beautiful. I kept checking my phone to see if I had any new messages. None. I always kept forgetting that she was signing her record deal. I was hoping she wasn't meeting with Mr. James. He was a sadistic pervert. I'd seen what he did to other female singers that walked into his office asking for record deals. I didn't want him doing it to her.
I felt my phone vibrate. Someone was calling me.
"Hey, this is Hunter."
"Hey Hunter, this is Julie. The secritary at Atlantic. Mr. James has just requested you to come back to his office."
"Thanks Julie. I'll be there in 2." I hung up the phone.
I turned my truck around and headed back to Atlantic. When I got there, I half jogged to his office. I knocked til I heard him say "Come in."
"Hey, Julie said you.." I trailed off as I saw Leslie.
"Yes, I needed you. This young lady wanted you to be here as she signed her record deal." Mr. James stated as he pointed as Leslie.
I sat down in the chair next to her's. She looked at me with a smile. I threw one of my charming smiles her way then looked at Mr. James. He handed Leslie a pen and she signed her name. He then handed me the pen and asked him to sign under where it said 'Witness.' After we got done discussing her deal and everything that needed to be sorted through, Leslie and I left.
"Do you need a ride home?" I asked her.
"I would.." she said before getting cut off.
"Hello, I'm Carrie. Carrie Underwood. I'd love to take you out to lunch." Carrie stated holding her hand out to Leslie.
Leslie stared in astonishment before reaching her hand out and shaking the tall blonde's.
"I'm Leslie. Leslie Justine. And I'd love to go out to lunch with you."
"Well then, Hunter, I'll make sure little miss Yankee here gets home safely. And I'll be sure that she texts you later."
And that was it. Leslie was getting into Carrie's car and driving away. I couldn't help but think that maybe Leslie was just the girl that I needed in my life.

(Leslie's POV)
I looked in the mirror while Carrie drove away. Hunter stood on the curb in blue jeans and a brown leather jacket. As Carrie turned the corner, I saw him get into his truck and drive the opposite direction.
"Welcome to Nashville." Carrie stated, breaking up my thoughts.
"Thank you Ms. Underwood. But you don't have to take me out to lunch."
I heard her laugh alittle. "Please, call me Carrie. And I'm not taking out just out to lunch. I'm gonna take you shopping first."
I wasn't going to argue with her. I was quite excited to be sitting next to Carrie Underwood. And she was even offering to pay for a shopping spree and lunch. But I knew better than to go all fan girl on her.
~Time Laps~
"Well, wasn't that salad just the biggest?" Carrie said, laughing.
"I know! That's crazy how much salad that was." I replied, laughing along with her.
Carrie drove up to the hotel where I was staying. "Do I get to meet your parents?"
I looked over at her. "My parents died when I was 13. So, it's just me and my dog, Johnny."
She looked at me with a sympithetic look in her eyes. "I'm so sorry sweetie. Can I meet your dog?"
I nodded my head as Carrie and I grabbed all the bags from shopping and reached my door. I unlocked it and stepped inside. We set the bags on my bed and I walked over to where my dog was. "Carrie, this is Johnny Cash. Johnny, this is Carrie Underwood."
Carrie laughed, "He sure does look like Johnny himself."
I laughed. Johnny seemed to take a liking in Carrie almost right away. Which was very surprising, given Johnny didn't like anyone but me.
I thanked Carrie again for the clothes and the lunch. "Thank you so much."
"It's no worries darlin'. Just text me when ever you need something. And be sure to text Hayes. He's really taken an interest in you sweetie." She said, giving me a hug.
As she got into her car, I waved a good bye and shut the door. I locked it, then sat down on my bed.
THE Hunter Hayes had taken an interest in me?
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be another chapther tonight. I promise.
Comment/subscribe.
I need all the advice I can get. Should I continue the story?