The Haunting

1

As I waved goodbye to the children at the play centre, sitting in my Renault Clio, I drove down the road to my warm and snug bungalow. Turning the key, I entered my fresh, sweet smelling home. I threw my bag to the floor and went to bed.
I woke up the next day with a loud alarm in my ear. I got up, dressed myself and crept through to the kitchen for a bowl of weetabix ready to leave for work. I’m a care worker at Sunshine house and the children are lovely. I left for work at 7:55 a.m. I strolled into the house and Danny (the head care worker) came up to me with a list of things I needed to do today...
Make breakfast,
Tidy the kitchen and play room,
Clean the toilets,
Give Kerry a bath,
Clear out cupboard...
I had done almost everything, I just needed to give Kerry a bath and all my jobs would be done. So I ran the bath as Kerry walked in. She was only 4 so I had to keep an eye on her. She got in and so I went to get a coffee. I came back after 10 minutes and I waited by the door and asked if Kerry was ok. I heard nothing except the dripping of the tap. Drip... Drip...I asked again and still nothing. I started to worry now. So I said I was coming in and I walked in and found Kerry lying face down in the water. I rushed to get her while dialling 999 for an ambulance. She wasn’t breathing. I tried doing CPR but it wouldn’t work. I then ran calling for Danny, she rushed into the bathroom once I had told her and screamed. I said I’d just phoned 999. Then the bell went and one of the kids answered it. The paramedic came rushing in looking for where we were and I called them over. The kids started worrying and following the paramedics and I told them what had happened and said it would all be fine. Half an hour later Kerry was in hospital with me, Danny, and social services.
We had been waiting for news for nearly 2 hours when finally a doctor came up to us and told us the bad news. That’s when I knew it was entirely my fault. I should have kept a closer eye on here instead of getting a coffee. A few days later it was Kerry’s funeral. And the whole of Sunshine house came. It was a sad day.
The following day I had a day off. It was a dark and cloudy day. I made my lunch and wandered in to my living room when all of a sudden I heard a dripping noise coming from the bathroom. I froze for a moment. It was just like the sound I heard when Kerry drowned. I walked into the bathroom and saw the tap dripping. I turned it off and went to eat my lunch. A few minutes later I heard the noise again. Drip...drip...drip. I froze again. I stood up slowly walked towards the bathroom. Surprisingly, the dripping stopped as soon as I got to the bathroom door. I went back to finish my lunch when suddenly all the lights and electricity went out. I stood up and felt my way through to the hallway and noticed the bath room lights were still on. This made me sweat as the fear crept over my skin. I stood and wondered why that light was working but no others. I drifted over to find out why. I put my hand on the silver door handle and push the door slightly. I waited for the door to open fully and saw a small girl, probably 3 to 5 years of age, face down in the bath full of water. Was this a flashback of the day Kerry died? I blinked with terror as my eyes were drawn directly upwards at the wall. I was screaming inside when I read the words ‘WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME TO DROWN?’ in blood on my crystal white tiles. Yelling as I slammed the door shut, I ran to my bed. I couldn’t think after what I had just seen.
Wanting to block it out of my mind, I got out of the bungalow and ran as fast as I could, making my way to Kerry’s grave. As soon as I saw the sight of her grave I realised the earth had been dug up. I stepped closer to see a deep cavernous hole; at the bottom I saw an open and empty coffin....
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its not great because im rubbish at writing but please comment:)