Sequel: Pregnancy Problems
Status: Complete.

Leeds Lovers

One of One.

"Josh. I'm not a baby you know, I can find my way to the stage alone."  I emphasised the word 'alone' as me and my brother Josh Franceschi walked down towards the stage with his arm around my shoulder. "Go before you get mobbed!" I joked.

"You sure May?" He asked me unsure. I'd come to the leeds festival with him, but he was supposed to supervise me.

"1. I'm only four years younger than you. 2. It's right there. 3. I've been to festivals and concerts before. and 4. It's right there!" I laughed then gave him one final hug before taking my camera and a some money, and my phone from my bag, passing him my rucksack and smiling. "See ya'."

"Are you sure you don't want to watch from the wings?" He asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. I'm the Franceschi that nobody knows after all. I'll be fine." I hugged him and walked off. I glanced back briefly to see him heading back to the guys. I stepped out of the gates and hid my backstage pass under my loose fitting t-shirt - it was the warmest English summer EVER! - and headed towards the stage. I wanted to see The Maine. It was their first day here and they were playing today. I was also hoping to maybe catch a sneak peak afterwards, not that I had admitted that to anybody.

***

Not too many people had arrived yet so I slid about the the growing crowd until I reached the very front. I smiled to myself as I leant on the railings. I was singing my heart out through the entire set, laughed at all the jokes and stories from John and when it finally came to an end, and the crowd began to die down I headed backstage again.

***

I flashed my pass to security, then started looking through my photos, smiling at any I  was proud of, that's why I didn't notice them. Hard to miss their tall frames, but I had walked right into the side of Garrett Nicklesen and John O'Callaghan. I looked up from my camera and caught myself before I could fall.

"Shit! I am so sorry." I cried as I squinted up at the wiry frame of the older boy.

"It's fine, my mistake I must have got in the way." he mumbled. My eyes moved along to the other boy too.

"Honestly, It's my mistake, I should have been watching where I was going." I blushed lightly. "You were great out there today by the way" I smiled and turned away.

"I thought I recognised you" John's hand shot to my shoulder "Who are you here with?"

"My brother." I rolled my eyes "Franceschi, May Franceschi".

"Well then may, would you like to come hand out with us?" John enquired nervously and bit his lip. I looked at him then glanced over to the rest of the band.

"Sure. If that's OK with everybody?" I smiled and few heads nodded. "Then do you guys mind if I go get changed? I'm boiling," I complained and pulled my shirt away from my body as if to prove my point. 

"Sure, our tent is just over there, the one flying our flag, head over when you're ready." John nodded towards the tent he was referring to.

I headed back into the You Me At Six tent and ran into my brother.
 
"Hey Josh," I smiled "Where are the guys?" I asked as I looked around the tent for an outfit before slipping into a bedroom compartment and changing.

"Signing, I'm just heading over." he explained, then when I emerged his eyes shot to my play suit and slip on vans. "Where are you going?" 

"I'm just heading over to sit with The Maine boys for a bit." I pulled out the bobble from my plait and ran my fingers through the hair until it cascaded in loose red-brown waves down my back.

"No you're not." Josh complained. "I know how boys their age work, they want, want and want and I think you know what young lady. You can't expect me to leave you alone with them, and in that outfit."

"Josh." I rolled my eyes, "You didn't have a problem with me wearing a lot more revealing outfits around Max." I snapped back referring to my period of dating You Me At Six's guitarist and my brother's best friend. 

"That was different! I knew Max, I knew he wouldn't try anything!" He shook his head in disbelief "I knew he wouldn't force you."

"Yeah, he didn't force me. That didn't mean nothing happened." I stepped closer to my older brother with a sly smirk on my face "You don't tell me what to do, I decide for myself." I brushed him out of the way and walked over to The Maine's tent feeling like a horrid person. 

"Knock, Knock." I called out when I got there.

"Hey! Come on in May!" John unzipped the tent door then zipped it up behind me. "Sit down" He led me over to an air bed when I was sat between him and Garrett. 

"Hey May, what's wrong?" John asked me.

"I just had a little fight with my brother." I bit my lip, to most siblings our little tiff would have been nothing. No raised voices, no punches thrown. Me and Josh had had our fair share of fights over the years - physical and verbal - but in these past few years we couldn't seem to live without each other, and every minor tiff, well, I was an expert at turning a molehill into a mountain.

"Anything we can help with?" He asked and rubbed my arm comfortingly.

"Nah, just over protective big brother stuff." I blew it off and John nodded.

"Do you drink?" Jared asked as he pulled out some beers.

"Eighteen's the legal age over here!" I laughed, "A lot of my nights have been spent down my local small venue listening to indie bands and getting wasted." the band laughed along with me at my own joke. 

"So May" John stopped his laughter. "Tell me about yourself." 

"Well, what do you want to know? I'm 18, having finished my A-levels I've had a gap year before heading over to Nottingham University in the fall to study Law. I love my brother - most of the time- but my sister gets on my nerves!" I started.

"Elissa?" Kennedy asked and I nodded.

"She's a bitch, I've been helping my brother with his band and have become very close to his friends and band mates, in fact most of my friends are his friends." I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Apart from my best friend of course. I have two dog's. I am the most unfit person in the world, I can't even run five meters without being out of breath!"

"Well that's hard to believe!" John winked at me and I blushed lightly as I looked to the ground.

"Guys! The signing!" Tim Kirch burst into the tent. John glanced at his watch then stood up - he had to duck his head which was still brushing against the fabric roof. I stifled a laugh as John gave me his hand to pull me up. 

"Did you want to head back to your brother? Or come with us for the signing?" John asked me. 

"I'll come with you guys if that's ok? I kinda pissed my brother off about a certain band member," I rolled my eyes. 

"That's fine," John shot me a crooked smile as all the other boys stood and we walked over to the signing tent that was already crowded with teenage girls as we ducked in the back and John released me from his grasp. 

"I'll help with the merch if you want?" I smiled at Tim who nodded. 

"Great!" he looked over at the table "Do you know what you're doing?"

"Yeah," I nodded "I help with YMAS' merch." I walked over and slipped behind the table to serve people as the boys got wrapped up in the signing. 

***

"Here you go May!" John yelled over the music as he handed me yet another cocktail. It was 11 at night and we were in the middle of a tent party. Luckily my brother hadn't tried to contact me yet. 

"Thanks hun'," I smiled and took the drink. I felt myself getting tipsy but still downed the drink, and a few later me and John were grinding in the middle of the tent. 

"Come on babey." he laughed as he pulled me along and we both stumbled drunkenly into a different 'bedroom' of the tent and shut the door. 

***

I snuggled closer to the warm body beside me as I woke up and began to open my eyes. That's when it hit me. 

This was not the You Me At Six tent. 

I cursed under my breath as I became more aware of the body beneath my fingertips. Glancing down at my naked body I suddenly felt very vulnerable - in a foreign environment, naked and with a man lying beside me. I built up the confidence to look up at the body beside me. John. I slipped apart from his body and quickly looked around the small space, easily spotting my underwear and playsuit which I quickly pulled on as I watched John's figure like one would watch a sleeping lion. Cautiously and carefully. That was when I noticed I was bare foot. I quietly cursed again as I looked for my shoes, I spotted one beside where I had slept, and the other under John's leg which I found myself carefully prying out. Pulling them on I slipped out of the tent and across the back stage area until I found the You Me At Six tent and carefully slipped in. I changed into a loose t-shirt of my brothers and some basketball shorts before slipping next to his sleeping form and pretending to be asleep. 

It took maybe half an hour until his alarm went off and he hit the snooze button before turning over and squeezing me into him in a bear hug. 

"May!" he yelled as he noticed my return. 

"Yeah?" I muttered, pretending I had just awoken. 

"When did you get back?" he ran his hand through my messy hair an took note of my bedtime outfit. 

"All night," I faked a yawn "I don't know what time, I left my phone here." 

"Well it's a good job you're back! We've got a long journey ahead of us if we're going to get to Reading in time for out set!" he warned me. And a long drive it was, but not before we packed up all of our stuff and left before the majority of bands had even woken up. 

***

6 weeks later

I nervously chewed in inside of my lips to bits as I waiting for Summer to get back from the pharmacy. After I had spent several days been awoken by an urge to be sick I had allowed my flat mate to get involved. She was the one who suggested it might be morning sickness, but I blew it off. I guess I should be worried that I was late but I was on a new pill, so that didn't mean anything. 

I heard Summer burst through the door to our student flat. 

"I got 'em!" she yelled as she dropped a bag in the sink then took in my state and rubbed her arm. "I'll wait outside." she carefully backed out and left me alone. 

I pee'd on each of the three sticks in turn and sat back for the five minute wait. I tried to think back to how it might be possible, but I was careful. The pill was a new addition but I had always used protection. I chewed my lip as I suddenly had the memory of John O'Callaghan undressing me and the memory in itself almost knocked myself sick. My brother had warned me but I insisted I would be fine, I was, it was me who encouraged John after all. He was the only boy I had slept with in the three months since my split with Max. 

My phone buzzed to alert me that my waiting time was over as I let Summer in and looked down at the tests. They all said the same thing. 

Pregnant.