Frames That Used to Greet Me

Good Graces, Bad Influence

I was woken up by a call from Gem. I knew when I saw her name lit up across my screen that I was in trouble.

I almost fell off of Mickey’s bed trying to answer my mobile, but eventually I was holding it up to my ear. “Hi Gem.”

“Harry Edward Styles, where in the bloody hell are you?”

I pulled the phone away from my ear and squinted at the bright screen. The time at the top read almost half ten. I swore under my breath and when I felt Mickey stir beside me, I pulled the phone back to my face. “I’ll be home soon.”

I heard Gemma protesting, saying we were going to our mum’s for dinner and that if I wasn’t home in a half hour she was going to have my arse, but I didn’t answer her. I hung up before I got out of bed and pulled my boxers on.

“What time is it?” Mickey mumbled, her head half shoved under her pillow while she peeked out at me.

“Half ten. We slept in I guess,” I told her as I searched the floor for the rest of my clothing.

Mickey and I’s arrangement included leaving early. It helped both of us, really. Mickey worked, so she was up early anyways, and if I got out early enough then I wouldn’t have to deal with paps, which no one wanted. I cursed under my breath just thinking about it.

“Didn’t you set an alarm?” I called to Michaela as I brushed my teeth in her bathroom.

“It’s Tuesday, babe. My day off. That’s why you came here, ‘member?”

I briefly recalled her mentioning something of the sort last night, but I had been kind of... busy with other things at the time. I finished brushing before putting back the toothbrush and toothpaste, returning to Mickey’s bedroom. “How are you gonna avoid the paps?”

I waved her off nonchalantly. I knew she’d would worry about me if I told her they were probably ready to pounce the second I got outside. Plus, I knew if I gave any reason for Michaela to call off our little arrangement, then she would without a second thought, and I didn’t want that. “I’ve gotta run. Gem’s gonna be asking enough questions as it is.” I winked and leaned over her bed, placing a small kiss on her forehead before I headed out with a promise to call her later.

My Range Rover was still sitting right in front of Mickey’s building. I was expecting a throng of people to be near it, but luckily there wasn’t a soul. I hurried outside and jumped in before speeding off. Fifteen minutes later, I was pulling up to my own building.

When I finally got back to my flat, Gemma was practically waiting for me in the doorway. “You know, it would be nice if you told your own sister when you’re going out for a late-night booty call so I don’t wake up to an empty flat and panic.” She didn’t sound particularly mad, but rather irritated.

I rolled my eyes. “Stop it, Gem. I went out for coffee.”

She scoffed and smacked me on the back of the head as I walked by her. “Do not even try to give me your bloody excuses, Harry!”

I shrugged and kept walking, heading towards my bedroom. Gemma followed. “You know, you don’t have to lie to me. It’s not like I don’t know about most of the shit you do anyways.”

I shrugged once more, not bothering with an answer. I didn’t feel like getting into it, especially not with Gemma. “When are we going to mum’s?”

She sighed. “Soon. Get ready and we’ll leave when you are.”

She left me alone after that. I felt bad. I didn’t like to lie or keep things from Gem. As siblings go, we were always pretty close. Even growing up, she was my best mate. I mean, we had other friends of course, and sometimes we fought like no other, but in the end we told each other everything, for the most part. But this... my friendship with Michaela, well... it was different. It wasn’t that I knew Gemma would hate it or that she’d get mad even, I just liked to have it as something of my own that no one else knew about. Maybe that was selfish, but if it was, well... so be it.

I showered quick and threw on some clothes before I decided it was good enough, and met Gemma out in the living room. Silently, she stood and we headed out to my car. I had a feeling the next three hours weren’t going to be filled with much talking.

Once we were out of London, I was tired of Gem’s silent treatment. I sighed and turned the radio down before I said, “Talk to me Gem. What’s up?”

She grumbled, “You’re lying to your big sister. Your own flesh and blood! I thought we told each other everything.”

I rolled my eyes and smirked. “You’re mental, Gem. I love you, but you’re mental.”

“So tell me where you were this morning!” she demanded stubbornly.

“Gemma, do you honestly want to know who I was shagging this morning? Is it really that big of a deal?” I blurted out, because let’s face it: Gem knew full well I hadn’t been out just getting coffee this morning. As she said, she wasn’t an idiot.

She stopped then, thinking for a moment. “No, not particularly.” Internally, I let out a sigh of relief. “I just didn’t like waking up and not having anyone there, with no note or anything. All right?”

I agreed that if she were ever over again and I left, that I would leave a note, and then that was the end of the discussion.

***

Three hours later, we were pulling up to our home in Holmes Chapel. We parked behind my mum’s car in the driveway before hurrying inside. Ever since fans found out where I lived and started camping out across the street, it had gotten where you just didn’t want to be outside. They meant well, I’m sure, but still.

Mum greeted us with open arms, claiming she hadn’t seen either of us in too long. After a short catch-up session, we were hurried to the dinner table, where a feast was spread out in front of us.

We dug in soon after, not realizing how starving we actually were, while my mum continued to fire questions at us.

“So tour was good?”

I nodded through a mouthful of roast. “Mental. I mean... more than you could ever imagine.”

“Glad to be home though, I’m sure. How’s Lou? And that new girlfriend of his, what’s her name? She’s a lovely girl...” she trailed off in thought.

I laughed. “Livia. They’re good. On holiday at the moment, in Rome or something. It’s nice having the flat to myself.”

Gemma shot me a brief look, but I ignored it.

When we finished dinner, we all had a cup of tea while my mum talked to Gem about her life. I was listening, barely, when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Taking a glance at my mum to make sure she wasn’t looking, I pulled it out and glanced at it under the table, trying to be discreet.

Having you over last night was a bad idea.

Why’s that?

Because now I want to see you again. Having you home for such a long period of time could be dangerous. xo

I couldn’t help but smirk at that. Mickey may never admit she missed me, but she certainly did enjoy having me around. The feeling was mutual.

I helped Gemma clear the table, telling my mum to relax. Once we were in the kitchen out of earshot, I whispered, “Will you stay here tonight?”

She quirked an eyebrow as she dumped the dishes in the sink. “Why?”

“Gemma. Come on. Will you?”

She rolled her eyes. “Fine. Have your booty call over to your flat and I’ll stay with mum. Need an excuse to duck out?”

I didn’t even answer her, just placed a kiss on her cheek and exclaimed that she was the best before going back to my mum. “I’d love to stay, but I’ve gotta get back mum. Lou just texted me and said they’re coming back early and could use a ride.”

It was a flimsy excuse at best, but it worked. My mum ushered me out, placing a kiss on my cheek with one final Come back soon, your dear old mum misses you! And then I was gone.

***

The entire drive back to London, my leg wouldn’t stop bouncing. I couldn’t wait to get back to my flat. I loved my mum, and I loved her cooking, and I loved being home with my family, but I also really could not wait to get back to my own flat. Because my own flat meant one thing and one thing only: Michaela.

I didn’t even bother to wait until I had gotten all the way back to my flat. I was dialing her number before I even got inside of my building. I could have played her game and sent a text, but I was impatient and didn’t feel like waiting for a response.

“Wondered when I’d hear from you,” was how she answered the phone.

I smirked, looking both ways before crossing the street. “Come over.” I wasn’t asking, but it didn’t matter because even if I was we both knew the answer.

“Leave the door unlocked.” She hung up before I could respond.

When I got to the flat and unlocked the door, I walked inside and called out. I knew there wouldn’t be an answer, but I did it anyways. I kicked my trainers off near the door before walking further into the flat. I took a look around, just to make sure there wasn’t anything out that shouldn’t have been there, before heading to my room.

I was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a flannel shirt with a beanie stuffed on top of my head. I decided against the jeans, exchanging them for a pair of baggy sweats, and slipped off the flannel as well, leaving me in just sweats and a tee. I pulled the beanie off my head and tossed it onto my nightstand.

Just as I was trying to decide if I should un-make my bed for the first time since I’d gotten home from tour, there were two quick knocks at my door and then I heard it open. “Haz? Where are you?” she called out a few moments after.

I headed out to the living room, where she was patiently awaiting for me from the entry-way. I smirked, stuffing my hands into my pant-pockets. “You know, Mickey, I think we’ve done this enough that you don’t have to wait for me at the door.”

She chuckled, pulling her jacket off and letting it fall to the floor. I didn’t even flinch, because when she took her jacket off she was left in a white vest, which clearly revealed the hot pink lacy number she wore underneath, and a pair of short-shorts that left little to the imagination. I froze on the spot, which I think she was expecting because she trotted her way over to me without a word.

“I’m glad I didn’t have to be the desperate one tonight.”

I laughed. “We were both pretty desperate last night, love. You just caved before I did.”

She shrugged. She knew I was telling the truth.

Our lips attached and I backed her up until her back was pressed firmly against the door. Her arms were around my neck, holding me in place tightly, while my own hands were pressed against her hips, my fingers sure to make a bruise that would appear by morning.

My mouth fell down her neck, pausing to nip at her collarbone, before she whispered, “Bedroom.” It wasn’t a question, rather a command, so I obliged.

I picked her up as best I could, grasping right below her arse and leaving handprints on her bare thighs. She wrapped her legs tightly around my waist before we attached our lips again and I somehow managed to stumble my way to my room.

I dropped her on my bed, which really wasn’t romantic at all as she bounced slightly from the impact, but it didn’t matter because as soon as her back was on that mattress, she was reaching for the hem of her vest and quickly pulled it over her head, throwing it behind herself to discard of it. I followed her action and stripped of my own t-shirt, balling it up and tossing it over my shoulder.

I leaned down then so I was hovering over her. I attached my lips to hers, leaving a map down her neck, across her collarbone, and stopping at her chest. She brought her hands behind my neck, intertwining in my hair while she pulled me close. I was bracing myself over top of her with one hand but my other trailed up and down her side, tracing over the lace of her bra and leaving goosebumps each time I did. Her back arched in pleasure as I let my fingertips dance over her soft skin.

She nibbled at my lip in appreciation, earning a grown from me, before she whispered, her swollen lips brushing against my own. “Didn’t take us long to get back to our old ways, yeah?”

I didn’t answer but instead kissed her hard on the mouth, my tongue fighting with hers. Old ways, indeed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not edited at all, but it's late and I have a fever so I'll check it out tomorrow. So sorry for the long wait! I've been a bit stuck, and I just moved back to college the other day. I want to, at the very least, try and post an update once a week. More if I have time.
Anyways, enjoy. Comments are wonderful!
xoxox