Status: Please comment and tell me what you think of this, its only ever been meant as a short story but there are quite a lot of chapters but if you want a longer one check out my other ones to.

Forbidden Love.

Talking Time

“Hey,” I said walking up to my best friend who stood at her locker.
“Hey.”
“What’s up?”
“Not much, you?”
“Same, just another day of “HIM”,” I said with extra emphasise on him.
“Nick isn’t that bad,” she said with a laugh.
“Yeah right,” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Well you can tell me all about it at the mall tonight, were still on right?”
“Defiantly.”
“Cool well call me after detention and I’ll meet you there.”
“Ok, see you later Beth,” I said before slumping off to the art room.
I walked down the hall as the people ran past, racing past to the front doors as the bell rang out above us all.
“Hi Mrs Slight,” I said, walking in the cluttered room.
“Miss Millard,” she said as a greeting to me.
Nick was leaning against a wooden desk, his arms crossed as his eyes watched me from the back of the room.
“Well now that your both here I can tell you what you’ll be doing today, pretty much the same as yesterday except today I’d like you to sort the trash into the rubbish bags and put the things that you think the art room needs to keep into the brown cardboard boxes or the white plastic bags, please try not to confuse them. I’ll be in my office if you need me,” she said and left immediately.
I walked straight to the desk that we’d worked on before and began bagging up trash in the dark green bags.
Nick grabbed one to and stood by my side, throwing in things that he’d sorted before.
“Nick?” I said my eyes held down.
“What?” He asked not looking at me.
“About yesterday, what you said-“
“Forget yesterday.”
“But…”
“Melissa it doesn’t matter,” he said his eyes meeting mine.
“Yes it does, what were you gonna say to me?”
“Melissa,” he said begging me to stop.
“Nick,” I said staring into his eyes, “Please.”
“You really wanna know?”
“Yeah, I wanna know.”
He looked down at his hands for a second or two before lifting his eyes to meet my own.
“Do you remember when we were little, when we used to be inseparable?”
“Of course.”
“Well if you remember why did you just stop being my friend?”
“Nick, I-“
“No, you used to be my best friend but just because your dad told you to stop you stopped.”
“Like you didn’t do the same, you did the exact same thing, so don’t act like I’m the bad guy.”
“Maybe in the end but I wasn’t going to. I was gonna fight for us, for what we had but you already threw in the fight before I had a chance to start.”
“Nick…”
“You know what, whatever, I’m over it and I’m over this,” he said throwing the trash down on the ground and stomping out of the hate filled room.
“Nick,” I called after him.
“Miss Millard where is Mr Jonas going?” Mrs Slight asked racing out of her office door.
“I don’t know,” I said as I stared at the door where id watched him go.
“Well is he coming back?”
“I don’t think so.”
“Well in that case you may as well go home cuz can’t force you to do all this work by yourself, you can do it tomorrow when hopefully Mr Jonas will be more available.
“Ok,” I said, grabbing my bag, leaving the room and leaving the school.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So how was it?” Beth asked as we sat at the mall.
“Uh, I can’t even think of a word to describe it.”
“That bad?”
“Bad is an understatement, his just so, so…” I started but instantly stopped when Beth burst into hysterical laughter.
“What’s so funny?”
“Nothing, you’re just, you two are just…”
“Just what?”
“Just so perfect for one another.”
“Ha, you’re kidding right, me and Nick?”
“Yeah, you two would make a great couple, just think about it.”
“You want me to think about it/” I asked incredulously.
“Yeah I mean you two would be amazing.”
“Have you seen me and Nick together?”
“Yeah but hey, for what it’s worth I think you to would be prefect.”
“As if, I mean Nick would never look at me like that, he hates me.”
“Well you never know, things can change,” she said with a shrug.”
From the second she’d spoken those words to me, they’d raced through my brain, not going away.
Through the time we’d shopped, till the time I got home, when I crawled into bed till I fell asleep the idea of me and Nick was there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.