Raving Mad

Chapter 15

Blake looked down at Aria with a faint smile. Her pale lips were parted slightly as she breathed deeply in her sleep, and her head rested in Blake's lap, the firelight flickering on her smooth skin. The blanket wrapped around the girl's small frame like a cocoon and trailed past her feet as she curled into a tight ball.

Snow fell softly outside, as Blake could see out the window near the door. The light filtering in was grey as evening fast approached, shadows creeping across the floor. A soft moan drew the boy's gaze back to the girl in his lap, his fingers ceasing to run through her silken hair.

"Mmmm...Please don't stop?" Stiffening, Blake stared at Aria with wide eyes. As she inhaled deeply, he sighed in relief. 'Still sleeping...' Aria shifted slightly, nuzzling into Blake's thigh. When Aria's breathing slowed to that of sleep, Blake let his thoughts roam.

'She's so small...like a porcelain doll. I'm terrified I'll break her. I still can't believe she is here...in my arms...willingly and lovingly.' The grin that split his face revealed his perfect, white teeth. A soft voice brought his gaze downwards once more.

"Why are you smiling so big?" Aria's dark eyes melted in the light of the fire, igniting passion in Blake's blood.

"Because you are safe and sound...here...with me." A smile to match his stretched across Aria's lips, and she sat up.

"And I'm warm again too. And I don't hurt." Misunderstanding the meaning in Aria's words, Blake nodded and answered off-handedly.

"That's good."

"No...I mean that my heart doesn't hurt..." Eyes widened with comprehension.

"Oh...Well...that's good too!" Blake smiled nervously as Aria leaned forward.

"Blake..." At her heavy sigh, Blake carefully wrapped his arms around Aria's waist and pulled her onto his lap.

"Yes, Ari?"

"I...I love you." Heat swelled and blistered in Blake's chest as joy and ecstasy flooded his veins. His soft smile was joined shortly after by Aria's.

"You have no idea how amazing it is to hear you say that. I love you too Ari." As Aria's smile widened, their lips collided in a gentle, chaste kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww...I love this chappie. So sorry it took so long to update. Mom stole my laptop for like two weeks, then school started up and I've been monstrously busy.