Status: My first bandfic so please be nice but constructive critisim welcome!

I Howl for My Lover

Prolouge: Like a Ghost

Ive always loved my home. the great outdoors with its familiar smells of dew and sunshine and pine needles. I loved to feel the Earth flying beneath my paws.

Oh yeah. I'm a lycan what you call a werewolf. I can shift whenever I want not just under a full moon. we live in packs and rely more on base instinct rather than emotions and feelings . Most lycans stay in their wolf form and only shift to their human forms a few times in their lives. Shifting to human form is usually done when we are hurt really bad because healing is faster in human form. Most lycans can go their whole lives without seeing their human forms.

Anywho. Being a young female wolf and mating season beginning I was being courted by our best males and even the alphas son.

'Speak of the bane of my existence and he shall appear' I thought bitterly as he trotted over to me with an overconfident air to him.

'May I bespeak you, beautiful Wolf?' He asked me mentally.

Another quick thing about lycans, we can only communicate through thought when in wolf form Though if done without permission its among the rudest offenses because the mind can't lie. We call this bespeaking.

'You May' I thought back mostly out of respect for my alpha. He brushed against my side as if marking me as his and I politely danced aside.

'Rhanya' He began using his nickname for me because in wolf tongue it meant beautiful rain, 'As you know, I am to be alpha soon and father would like to see me mated...'

'Kalor...where are you going with this?' Kalor meant strong paw in our language.
I stopped as we walked together through the forest. He moved to stand in front of me looking down into my eyes with his large emerald ones. 'I am asking you to be my mate'

I dropped his gaze, 'with all due respect. I decline your generous offer'

He Bristled, not used to being declined anything or anyone. His mental voice was suddenly cold as glacier ice.

'Don't you know how many females I have declined for you?'

'Kalor, please calm down. I have never asked you to decline anything or anyone for me. I don't want to be mated this season. please, respect my wishes.' He obviously wasn't paying me any attention.

He growled low at me a dangerous sound. I shrunk back terrified. I had never seen him like this.
'I can have any female I want. How dare you decline me? I have declined so many for you. Do you realize how man shewolves would kill to be my mate?'

My temper reached its boiling point. I let a gutteral growl loose from deep in my body. 'Then ask one of them! Your just a big bully. Your going to be alpha soon with so many lives In your paws but you only think of yourself! We are a family and we will not spend our entire existence trying to keep our spoiled alpha happy!!!'

I snapped and felt ashamed of myself for letting my temper get the best of me. He loosed a low growl, eyes blazing with fury.

I turned away from him as he caught one of my paws in his teeth, applying enough pressure to break it. I let out a pained yelp.

'Know this Rhanya' he growled, 'you will always be mine, and if I cant have you, No one can!' I clawed at his mouth, making him release my hurt paw and ran. I ran to the end of the forest, hearing his laughter following me like a ghost. always out of sight but ever present.