Status: My first bandfic so please be nice but constructive critisim welcome!

I Howl for My Lover

The Homecoming

We got there and shifted back. I found the spare key and went inside, and sighed. Home. The scent was a little old because the guys had been on tour but it was relaxing and familiar all the same.

"Wow, its beautiful here," Kira said.

"Its my home, Kira," I replied smiling as I lead her upstairs to change.

We rummaged through my closet. Kira went with a simple purple wrap shirt and a pair of dark wash skinny jeans. I went with a green off the shoulder shirt and a pair of white skinny jeans.

I lead her back downstairs and we made lasagna and I told her more about my life here before I had to go back to the Silver Moonlight Pack and Kalor.

The mark burned a bit. I rubbed it a little uncomfortably. That would take some getting used to.
After we'd eaten I lay with head on Kira's lap as we watched The Lion King on a volume so low, it wouldn't be heard by anyone other than us and keep the surprise.

'They're here,' Kira thought softly.

Seconds later I heard car doors open and close and feet on the path. I could here half hearted jokes and conversation.

I heard Ashley's half hearted laugh, his sadness at coming home to an empty home without me echoing through me.

They walked in and froze.

"You guys alright? You look like you just saw a ghost," I said standing and stretching.

"PHOENYX!" They screamed and tackle hugged me.

I laughed and glowed in happiness and love.

"I missed you guys so much," I told them, tears of happiness spilling down my cheeks.

I ended up tightly in Ashley's arms, where I belonged.

'I swore I'd be back, and here I am, here I am,' I thought to them all as Ashley kissed me deeply.
"You're here to stay?" Ashley asked me.

"As long as you want me," I whispered.

"I'll always want you," Ash murmured.

"Good," I purred. "Does it bother you all if Kira stays with us, I couldn't bear to leave my sister behind again. She is my only family back in the pack."

"Of course not." Andy said.

"Welcome to the family, Kira." CC said catching her in a surprise hug that she returned and laughed.
"Wait, what about that jerk of an alpha, Kalor," Jinxx asked.

My mate mark burned. "I took care of him," I whispered.

"What's this?" Ash asked, touching the heated swirls of the bond mark.

"When wolves mate, they mark each other. Kalor marked me as his and made me mark him too. Thats what you felt that day when you passed out."

He growled low in his throat. "I will kill him,"

"Too late for that. I already did,"I said pulling out of his arms and wrapping my arms around my self as I walked a bit away. The pain coming back to swallow me.
'Its what you felt 6 nights ago,' I thought to them.

"To kill a consort isn't a grave offense but it is very rare and very painful," Kira said, explaining the whole, Istharan/Consort deal to them and but her arms around me.

I leaned into her finding comfort in her gentle stoking of my hair and the sound of her heart beating.
"I challenged him as alpha. He was going crazy, jealous of my need to comfort you through music and my thoughts of you when he was there. He could have possibly struck out and killed an innocent pack member or went back on his word and killed you all. We fought...and I killed him. Technically I'm rightful alpha now, or someone in my bloodline but Kira wanted to come with me and I cant deny that I wanted her to come as well," I whispered feeling Ashley's arms wrap around my waist and Kira's arms drop.

He held me to him and let me cry into his shoulder. My mark warmed and heated but it lessened after a few minutes of hysterical crying.

"Stupid mate bond," I said as if it were the dirtiest curse in the book.

Ashley kissed the mark and it stopped burning instantly, a little color shooting through it.

I sighed in bliss and lay my head on his shoulder closing my eyes.

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you too," I said softly.

That night as we lay in bed, we lay memorizing each other with touch, sight, and feel. Refinding all our favorite ways to be touched, kissed, held. We were awestruck by each other every breath, every smile, ever movement. My engagement ring flashed in the moonlight on my finger.

"Mark me," Ash said suddenly.

"What?" I asked.

"Mark me as yours. I don't want to be anybody else's," He clarified.

"I'm not sure if it will work on a human, Kira's the expert on Ishtaran/lycan stuff,"

"Then ask her," he said.

'Kira may I bespeak you,' I asked her mentally.

'Yes, what do you need?' She asked me.

'Can a lycan mark her Ishtaran as hers?' I asked

'Yes it looks alot more like a tattoo than a shimmering gold bond mark of a consort though.' She answered.

'That's fine. Thank you,' I said.

'You're welcome.' She answered and the connection between our minds severed.

I leaned up onto my my elbows and looked him over.

"On your stomach," I murmured.

He looked up at me and then turned on his stomach closing his eyes submissively.

I ran a gentle finger on his left shoulder blade. "I would mark your shoulder but I like your sleeves to much. I want you to mark me too. I'm going to mark your left side. I want you to mark my right side." I ran my finger down his back to just above the small of his back on the left side.

"How do I mark you?" He asked me, his voice shaky from nerves.

"I need you to repeat some things then I'm going to bite you, and you have to do the same to me. it only hurts a little at first," I said.

"Okay, what do I say?" He looked back at me. I could tell my eyes were a burning gold with traces of liquid silver.

"By this mark, I make this bond. By our power, I make you mine," I whispered and he repeated it.
I kissed the spot I was about to mark and then bit down.

He hissed softly and shuddered hard and his mouth found my side and he bit down. I hissed and then it melted into a pleasured moan.

His mouth found mine and he held me close.

'This is how a mate bond is supposed to feel' I whispered in his mind.

He didn't answer and kissed me so passionately my head spun. I knew then I made the right choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost over