Status: My first bandfic so please be nice but constructive critisim welcome!

I Howl for My Lover

"Thank You for Saving My Life...I Think"

-Days Later-
I had moving every day quickly making my way away from my pack--- ex packs territory. I'd been on the run for about a week barely sleeping and hardly eating. I could only eat what I caught and my broken paw made that near impossible.

I walked along the edge of a man made highway that was fairly deserted. I was sure that the only reason that Kalor hadn't sent trackers to drag me back yet was because he expected me to come crawling back. He had hurt me, humiliated me, and exiled me and he aetiology thought I would come back. He should never underestimate me. I kept moving even with my paw screaming at the slightest jerk in pain and agony, but I kept moving.

I walked on when I looked up, I saw a line of thick trees just across the highway. I was thirsty and dying to rest. I started across the highway. My body was yelling at me to sleep and shift back to my human form. 'Just a few more steps.'

I didn't make it that far. The three paws I could walk on gave out and I fell and felt my body forcing my shift. I passed out, not caring that I might never wake up.

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed in an unfamiliar place. I stretched flipping off the bed. I looked around, spotting a mirror. I walked over to view my reflection. I hadn't seen my human form for about 7 years and I had to get used to it since I would be living in it for a while. I saw my scarlet curls flowing over my even tan skin. My amber eyes burned mutely not as fiery as normal. I had a nice shape in human terms. I looked like the dancers I'd admired in the human world. Strong, lean muscle and tall curvacious bodies. Not that I didn't like my wolf form, I just enjoyed watching the athleticism of human dancers.

I found that I was dressed in a mini dress made of my wolf fur.I was slick and short. I was thankful that Lycan's fur could be used as a cover up when we turned human as a default when we didn't have clothing. I moved my fingers and toes, taking a quick inventory of my self. I heard footsteps coming into the room. I yelped and turned towards the door, a little shy of humans. I was only allowed to watch them from a distance. In walked five black clad men. highly Tattooed and pierced.

The tallest one with the ice blue eyes held up his hands in surrender. "We're not going to hurt you." The sincerity in his voice and the sound of his heart beat told me he wasn't lying.

My mouth opened to speak but no words came out. I had to shake my head to clear it. "I believe that." I murmured softly, finding my voice. It was smoother than I expected it to be considering it had been dormant for 7 years. My human voice was a lot smoother in this language than the rough language that we wolves used most of the time. My lips in this form had an easier time forming the syllables.

"Are you alright miss..." He began again.

"Phoenyx. My name is Phoenyx Raine Wolfe." I could smell his cologne, sweat and cigarettes, not to mention all the leather they wore. "Smoking is a bad habit mister..."

"Andrew. But call me Andy." He said, eyes glinting icily daring me to tell him he should quit.
"Well, Andy. Smoking is a bad habit. I'm just saying, think of the people who would miss you. I'm not one to judge those I don't know but it is an awful habit."

"I like her." The man that looked a bit more feminine but with an aura of raw masculinity that drew my eyes to him. He could be an alpha, if he was a lycan.

"You like every woman you think is hot." The one with the engagement band said.

I looked to just beneath my elbow where my phoenix shaped birthmark rested. I rubbed it, a nervous habit I had.

"I'm Jeremy, but call me Jinxx." The one with the engagement band. "This is Ashley, we call him Ash. That's Christian Coma we call him CC, that's Jake and you've already met Andy."

"It's nice to meet you all." I let my gaze sweep them all. They were a family, a pack of their own. There was a sense of brotherly affection radiating from them all. "Thanks for saving my life...I think." I turned and headed for the door.

"Wait! You've got to be hungry. We'd feel awful if we let you wander off on your own on an empty stomach." Jinxx said.

I turned and gave them a confused look. "Why would you feel bad?" I ask genuinely curious.
"Because its the right thing to do when someone is hurt." Andy answered in his deep throaty voice that reminded me of the content raspy purr of a full wildcat drifting off to sleep. He gently took my hand and kept a firm grip on my hand as he gently led me to the kitchen.

I was beyond confused. I was perplexed like I was working out a particularly hard brain teaser. Wolves take care of their own and guests. I could be considered a guest but then again guests are always announced when in another pack's territory. It was law. But me, a rogue wolf with no loyalties....I would never understand humans.

"But you don't even know---"

I was cut of but Jake. "Just sit and eat. We can go from there." He said as he pulled out a chair. I sighed and sank into the chair less than graciously. I was on edge.

My mind was taken over by the scents of cheese, meat tomato sauce, rosemary and various other spices. It smelled heavenly.

"Thanks." Jinxx said, I hadn't realized I'd spoken aloud. "At least someone appreciates a home cooked meal." He lightly teased his brothers. He put a rectangle of lasagna in front of me. I looked at it picked up the fork near my right hand. I took a tentative first bite, it was a long way from raw venison but my taste buds rejoiced. I had to bite back a moan of pure happiness. I all but inhaled the food and the guys watched looking a cross between impressed and wondering.

I got up a took my plate to the sink, washing it. I ignored their "you don't have to do that"'s I stayed with my back to them as I murmured, "Thank you."

"What happened to you?" CC asked me, the only one who had yet to speak.

I turned to face them, crossing my arms across my chest a pose a bit defensive. "What do you mean?"

"We found you passed out in the middle of the road." He said.

"I was camping with my friends and family," I began to weave my lie carefully. "Something made a pack of wolves hostile. We were scrambled and chased out of the woods. I went back a few hours to find that everyone had disappeared. Blood stains were everywhere. I could only assume they were dead. The wolves chased me away again. I scaled a tree until they were bored and went back to their hunting grounds. I walked and walked until I couldn't stand anymore." I unconsciously rubbed my left foot against the ankle with Kalor's bite mark was scabbed but healing. I couldn't feel the pain of it anymore though. "My whole exsistance was taken from me. My family, my friends..." I bared my teeth, fury and bitter sadness were warring in my heart as a mental image of Kalor popped up in my mind. I looked down. "I guess I fainted." I mumbled, bitter sadness won out but I would not let these men see me cry.

"Can I go now?" I asked, looking up from beneath my curtain of red hair.

"Go where?" Jinxx asked me softly, his compassionate gaze held mine as I hesitated.

'There's nothing left for me anywhere.' I thought the weight of the truth he accidentally surfaced crushed me. I held onto the counter so I didn't collapse like I wanted to.

"Stay with us?" Andy asked me. I blinked and looked up at him.

"I...no. I couldn't. I've been bothering you long enough." I murmured. I was still a lycan at heart. My place was with my pack or on my own.

"We don't mind, honestly Phoenyx."Jake said.

"PUHLEASEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The begged, their eyes huge and pleading.

"I guess...it would be nice...to have a place to stay." I murmured, feeling oddly delighted when they cheered and embraced me.

"You're going to need some new clothes." Ashley said

"Shopping then?" Andy said. "To the mall!"

I smiled. "Excellent."

As they chattered happily about their band and their amazing fans I thought about my own pack.
I'm far from Kalor and my Pack life. He can't force me to be mated to him...If he can't find me. I smiled, perfectly comforted by the thought. I'm no longer thought of as the most desirable wolf but as Phoenyx, the beautiful girl that survived. I could get used to this life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment if you like it or hate it tell me what I can improve on. I'm open to suggestions!