Status: in progress

More Than This

Missing Persons

For a few moments neither two of the boys moved. They were so used to having Paul or security around, it had never dawned on them that something like this could happen, and that they would have no idea what to do about it.

Louis grabbed onto the door handle and pulled the door open a crack so he could see into the large restaurant. Three, maybe four men, dressed in black with animals masks over their faces. They all had guns. The diners were all on the ground, hands on their heads. Louis knew they couldn't wait it out in the bathroom, if one came in to check they could end up hurt, how would the armed robbers know that they hadn't called or at least tried to call the police.

"We need to get out this bathroom Harry." Louis put a hand on Harry's soft cheek, looking him in the eyes with as much confidence and reassurance as he could muster.

Harry nodded, his lips trembling as Louis took his hand and slid open the door to make sure no robbers were looking. When the coast was clear they slipped out of the room and down behind the nearest table as if they had been there all along. Louis squeezed Harry's hand as he watched the leader in a pigs mask hold his gun at the manager. A sheep packed the money from the till and a mouse was piling the safe's money into a big black bag.

"L...Louis I'm scared" Harry trembled, holding tightly onto Louis.

"They'll take the money and go, it'll be okay, I swear." Louis kissed his temple, squeezing his eyes shut.

And then another shot went off.

This shot, however, was not directed at the ceiling like the first had been. Screams filled the room as the manager fell to the floor, his face lifeless before he even hit the carpet. Louis squeezed Harry's hand tighter, tried to keep him calm. This would all be over soon, they would be fine.

The fourth man wore a panda mask. He circled the hostages, making sure nobody done anything wrong. He came up behind the boys and caught his foot on Harry's leg. Within seconds he was on the floor next to Harry. Louis stared at the ground, he couldn't bare to look. Harry, however, stared into the face of the robber, his mask having fallen off as he hit the floor. The man forced his mask on again and stood up, shaking.

"Boss, this kid saw my face!"

"Kill him."

Louis heart skipped a beat.

Harry began to shake, begging, pleading for his life. Louis grabbed a hold of him shouting that he didn't see anything. Sirens filled the room, the police were outside.

"You don't have time...just bring him," the boss demanded as they all ran for the kitchens, there was a back exit.

The panda grabbed onto Harry by the under arms. Harry screamed for Louis, his voice high from the hysterical tears. Louis dived to his feet, holding onto Harry's arms, trying to fight to get him back. Punching, hitting, kicking, anything. Nobody moved, nobody helped. The man turned his gun in his hand with one swift movement and smacked the handle into the side of Louis' head.

Harry's screams became faded and dull, the room grew dark and Louis fell with a burning sensation in his head.

***

Louis stirred, his vision blurred and his head sore. His back was no longer on a cold hard floor, but on something soft and propping him upright. He groaned and slid an arm to his forehead, trying to rub away the agonising pain that lay beneath his new bandage.

That's when all memory came flooding back to him, the young man whipped open his eyes and stared around the white hospital room frantically. Paul jumped to his feet, moving over to Louis.

"H...harry?"

Paul's face looked tired, broken and emotionless. He shook his head slowly, and Louis' heart felt as if it were going to burst, "The police haven't found him yet," Paul looked like he wasn't coping at all, it was his job to look after these boys and he saw them as sons.

Louis couldn't control the devastation that washed over him. His breathing sped up and his was heart racing, he felt as if he were drowning and his throat tightened and his hands started to shake uncontrollably.

This was his fault.

They should have stayed in the bathroom, the robbers never even checked them. They would have been save there. It was all his fault. What if Harry was dead? What if they had murdered him? What would he tell Harry's mum? Candice? The fans?

The rest of the band came into the room and they all mourned their missing friend. Zayn insisted that he couldn't be dead, why would they kill him? He's famous. They would recognise him and use him as a hostage for money. There was no way he was dead. Niall said Harry was strong, he'd be able to find a way out, he was probably just trying to find his way back, they'd hear from him in a few hours. Harry was strong. Liam refused to say a word. He sat in the corner in complete and agonising silence, and Louis' knew exactly what he was thinking, chances were growing thin. Deep down inside Louis knew he was right. The more hours passed the less likely they were to find Harry alive. And that thought destroyed him.

The police came to talk to Louis, it was almost midnight. They asked him what happened. Every detail. Louis cried and his voice shook as he spoke.

Harry grabbed onto his hand so tightly with fear. Louis could still feel the warm pressure ghosting his fingers. They lay close together behind the table as the manager was shot dead. Louis could still smell Harry's scent on his skin. Then the man tripped. Harry saw his face, Louis was too scared to look. He could still hear Harry's screams as he was man handled to his feet, dragged away from Louis' embrace. Louis tried to save him, he really did, but nobody would help. Cowards. It was their fault Harry was gone. No. It was his. Harry was still in the restaurant because he wanted to speak to Louis, they left the bathroom because of Louis, Louis never covered his eyes so that he didn't see the mans face. Louis' didn't try hard enough to get him back. It was Louis' fault. He could still see the look of absolute fear on Harry's face, he's never seen anyone so scared, so petrified. Then there was a great pain, he fell, the room went black. He could still taste the blood that had trickled into his mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
More soon!
Need to write my finale of Save You Tonight and my second chapter of Someone Could Be Falling In Love With Your Smile. Gimme about a week.

Hope its alright!

CC x