Status: I'll start it by the end of the month, I'm sure!

Be With Someone...

Need We Revisit Spring Break of '07 in Miami?

“Don’t trip out there,” Janine said to Max as he and the rest of the team prepared to head out onto the ice for their game that night. “Wouldn’t want you to ruin your pretty, little face.”

“You know, ma cher,” Max said. “Maybe I will get hurt. I’d get to spend more time with you.” He slung an arm around Janine’s shoulders. “You’d like that wouldn’t you, Jeanie?”

Janine pretended to gag. “Don’t even try, Max.”

“Aw,” Max laughed. “You love me. You know you do.”

“Not in the least,” Janine said dancing out of his grasp and straightening out her game attire. She had gone for casual and decided on a staff jacket and jeans rather than anything fancy.

“Max,” Sidney’s voice came from behind them. “Stop harassing Janine. I don’t need her filing a restraining order.” He stood with Rory next to him.

“Hey, cuz,” Rory nodded to her cousin. “You get my text earlier?”

Janine nodded. “Yeah, I did.”

“And?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged. “I’m pretty tired.”

“Aw, come on,” Rory frowned. “We’re not going to be young and childless forever! And besides, win or lose, these boys are going to want to drink. That means they’re going to need some responsible lady friends to drag their wasted asses home.”

“Hey!” Sidney said to his wife. “I take offense to that!”

“I never said you’d be wasted. I just said some of your teammates would be,” Rory explained. She casted a knowing look at Jordan and Max.

“Hey now,” Jordan said defensively. “I promised Heather I’d lay off the drunken celebrations.”

“How are you so sure it’ll be a celebration tonight, Staal?” Janine asked.

“Confidence, hon,” he smiled. “I have a shit ton of it. I could spare some and give it to you, if you’d like.”

Rolling her eyes, Janine pointed towards the ice.

“Get out there, boys,” she instructed. “Warm up so I don’t deal with stupid injuries.”

*****

“Yeah, baby!” Jordan and Max fist pumped in the locker room later that night.

The boys had won a hard fought victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning in an overtime shootout, coming out with a score of 3-2.

“So you coming out with us tonight, Jeanie?” Heather asked as Jordan slung an arm around his fiancé’s shoulder.

Janine shrugged. “I don’t know. I’m not usually much of a partier.”

“Oh, bull shit,” Rory guffawed. “Need we revisit Spring Break of ’07 in Miami?”

“No!” Janine shouted. “Why do you always bring that up?”

“I’m a little curious to hear these stories,” Max smirked.

“Hell-fucking-no,” she shook her head. “Never, ever in a million years.”

“Then I guess you will just have to come out with us,” Vero shrugged.

Janine groaned. “Kris, help me out here. You’re the only one that’s ever on my side.”

Kris put his hands up. “I’m not getting involved. We all want you to come.”

Janine closed her eyes and debated.

“I’ll have to change,” she decided.

“Yes!” Rory cheered. “Come on, I came in my car. I’ll give you a lift back to your place.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, another Ours... reference in there. Anyone catch it?

On another note, I'm officially on Pinterest! My username is hockeydanceswim and I'll link my profile below. I follow back, btw!

My Pinterest Profile

What Janine Wore