Status: I'll start it by the end of the month, I'm sure!

Be With Someone...

Hallway Plans

“You should have seen your face when we were throwing you in!” Jordan guffawed the next day. “You would have thought we were throwing you to your death.”

Janine frowned at the tall blonde and shifted in her seat. The whole team, coaching staff, and locker room staff were having the usual pre game meal. While most of the boys were in sweats and t-shirts, Janine was stuck in a skirt and heels. She was due to go to the arena early to set up.

“It was pretty funny,” Sidney agreed.

She gave him a swift kick to the knee under the table. “I hate you, Crosby. If you weren’t married to Rory, I would kill you.”

“It’s weird thinking that you two are related,” Tyler said pointing between the two.

Janine shrugged. “We’re not related per se.”

“I’m hurt that you won’t admit that we are,” Sidney acted shocked. “If I didn’t know it was a lie, I might be offended.”

“You should be,” Janine frowned.

“Why are you so moody?” Max asked. “Oh, is it your-,” Janine cut him off with an elbow into his side.

“Never use that as an excuse to explain why a girl is upset,” she warned. “Ever!”

In all honesty, Janine was moody. She wasn’t happy with the boys for the pool incident at all and to top it off, she had Mike’s email still waiting to be read.

“She’s related to Rory, Max,” Kris laughed. “You know that’s how Rory reacted when you tried that with her. It’s common sense that Janine would too.”

Janine made a face at Max before turning to Kris. “Thank you, Kris. At least some have a good head on their shoulders.”

“It’s the hair,” Flower sniggered.

Janine rolled her eyes before picking up her ringing phone.

Mike.

*****

Janine had disappeared in the middle of the team dinner and no one had seen her since. Kris had almost texted her before his nap to check on her, but thought better of it.

He was rooming with Brooks and as usual, he was awake before his roommate. Creeping around the room, he made it out into the hallway without disturbing his teammate. Putting a hat on top of his hair, Kris ventured down to the lobby in the hopes of finding something to occupy him.

Rounding the corner to the elevator, he nearly ran over someone. That someone being Janine.

“Are you alright?” he asked as he tried to steady Janine on her feet.

She nodded. “Fine, fine. I wasn’t paying attention.”

“I thought you were headed to the arena early?” Kris asked.

“I was just there,” Janine explained. “I forgot a few things in my room, so I grabbed a cab back.”

“I’ll let you get back then,” he said almost half-heartedly.

“No, I think I can spare a few minutes,” Janine cocked her head to the side. “Are you okay, Kris?”

“I… I just want to make sure you’re okay,” he said. “You rushed off earlier.”

“Oh,” she breathed. “Um, yeah, I guess I am.”

“Janine,” Kris shook his head. “Don’t lie, you’re terrible at it.”

She looked down at her teal heels and blushed. He had called her out.

“What’s wrong?” Kris’ hand brushed hers.

“It’s… a lot of things, I guess,” she shrugged.

He looked at the pretty young girl in front of him. She was obviously so torn and he didn’t know what to do. Taking her hand, he led her down the hall where a couch sat facing a window.

“What things?” he persisted.

Janine didn’t want to tell him about Mike and she didn’t want to tell him how truly shitty she was feeling with Ryan’s and her birthday just weeks away, but she knew that if she didn’t tell someone soon, she would burst.

And so, over the next ten minutes, Janine poured her heart out to her new found friend. She didn’t know why it was so easy talking to him, but she liked it. He nodded here and there, but kept quiet, letting her talk.

“Janine,” he said quietly after she had finished. “Why have you been keeping this all bottled up?”

“Because Rory doesn’t need to be able to give me another ‘I told you so’ and she doesn’t need to know how upset I really am,” she said. “It’s not fair to her.”

“But Rory has Sidney to lean on and you don’t,” Kris said. “It’s not fair to you to keep this all to yourself.”

“It’s not always this bad,” she assured him. “Usually, I have things to keep me occupied. But it feels like everything’s coming crashing down on me now and I just don’t know what to do.”

“Maybe you need to keep your mind off what’s going on,” he suggested. “When we get back, the first free night we both have is a movie night, got it?”

“Well someone’s demanding,” Janine cracked a smile and wiped away the few tears that had spilled over. “I’d like that, Kris, I really would.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update! But I hope that this will be enough to make you all forgive me! School's just been kicking my butt and I haven't had much time between that, being yearbook editor, being in marching band, running for student council, and working, I don't have a ton of free time.

But! I just bought myself an iPhone today (the 4, not the 5 lol), I'll be able to respond to comments and such on the go.

Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

What Janine Wore