Status: I'll start it by the end of the month, I'm sure!

Be With Someone...

That's It Right?

Despite the Olympics and the many players from across the league that were participating, games continued on. The day after Sidney and Rory departed for Vancouver the Penguins had a home game against the Rangers. With work busy as ever, Janine had plenty to do to keep her mind off… well, everything.

After morning skate, Janine was talking with Dan about a series of aches and pains that had been plaguing Brent Johnson and the best way to go about working him at practices.

“With Flower up in Vancouver, I need Johnny to be at his best,” Dan fretted.

“Don’t worry,” Janine smiled. “I’ll work with him before the game to stretch. He’ll be just fine.”

Before Dan could thank her, a series of shouts were emitted from the dressing room.

“Do we want to know?” Dan asked the younger girl.

“Probably not,” Janine shook her head. “But it might kill us not knowing.”

“I have a feeling that you’re right,” he nodded. “I’ll check to see if they’re decent.”

Waiting patiently, Janine fiddled with the hem of her top. It had been a while since she’d gone shopping for any new clothes. She was certainly lacking in the dress area and with all the times she had to be dressed up for games and team functions, it would probably be a good idea to pick up a few more. The only question was should she go with or without Rory?

As if on cue, a text buzzed on her phone.

New Message From: Rory
Thought you might like this for a certain long-haired Frenchman… ; )’


Attached was a picture of a barely there lace underthing (Janine wasn’t sure what it was exactly) that had a maple lead pattern all over it. Where Rory was that she had found it was beyond her. But the text had served a good purpose. It had answered Janine’s questions; she would go shopping alone.

*****

After being called in by Dan, Janine nearly collapsed on the floor in fits of laughter.

Sitting on the floor, shirtless, was Max and he was sopping wet.

Someone had filled a bucket with ice water and set it above the trainer’s room door so that the first person to walk out would be drenched. Max was the only person visiting with the trainer after practice, so the cold surprise could only be meant for him.

“You-you’re face!” Janine tried-and failed- to stifle her laughter. “Oh my God!”

“It’s not funny, Jeanie!” Max pouted. “I’m all wet and cold and my boxers are soaked. What the fuck am I supposed to do?”

“Suck it up?” Jordan offered in a smart-ass tone.

Max glared at his teammate. “I swear to God, when I found out who did this…,” his voice trailed off.

“You’ll what?” Janine shook her head. “Smother someone with the insane amount of hair gel you use? I swear, you and Sid could invest.”

Rather than argue, Max huffed and got up, digging through his bag for a spare pair of briefs. He came up empty handed.

“Fuck you guys,” he sat down, dripping wet still, and crossed his arms.

“Alright, alright,” Dan raised his hands. “Enough picking on Talbo. Puck drops at 7 tonight, the Rangers are going to be ready to fight with playoffs getting closer. That means we’re even more ready. Play end-to-end.” He clapped his hands. “Get outta here!”

Janine exited the locker room for her office. She had every intention of getting home and resting in her very messy apartment. Over the last few days, Janine had only wanted to sleep and eat. Rory called it the winter blues, Janine called it being too exhausted after work.

Gathering her things, her cell phone went off again. This time, it wasn’t a pair of underwear, instead it was something better. Or rather, he.

New Message From: Kris
Movie before the game? I think the guys are forcing me to go out after the game.


Janine cringed for two reasons. If the guys were forcing Kris out, they would no doubt force Janine too. And if he wanted to have a movie before, that meant meeting at Janine’s. The thought of her baskets of laundry sitting in her living room and boxes of cereal sitting on the counter did not sit with her well at all suddenly.

New Message To: Kris
Not at my place, we’re not. Place is a mess…


New Message From: Kris
You’ve never seen my place when it’s messy. Come to think of it, you’ve never seen my condo. Movie at the Letang residence?’


Kris’s house? Janine had to admit, she liked that idea.

New Message To: Kris
Sounds good to me. What movie are we in the mood for?’


New Message From: Kris
What about Star Wars? We can take a break from my filmography lessons. I’ll send you my address; I’m already in my car. You head home and change. ’


*****

Janine didn’t need telling twice. With wave to the security guard at the gate, Janine was speeding off towards her apartment. Running past the messes that were her living room and kitchen, she dumped her bag and coat on her bed. Pulling her blouse and skirt off, Janine grabbed a pair of jeans and a Guns’n’Roses t-shirt.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she tried to calm down. Janine couldn’t remember the last time she was this excited for a date.

“No,” she spoke out loud. “This is not a date. This is two friends getting together for a movie. That’s it, right?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So NaNo and I aren't getting along. Whatever.

Kris is a dad! He and his girlfriend had a baby boy named Alexander on the 23rd. Just thought I'd make that announcement.

Anywho, what's up with you guys? I'm going through hockey withdrawal, but you know, what else is new? The next update is going to be SERIOUS! You should all be excited for it. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

Star Wars Marathon