Status: I'll start it by the end of the month, I'm sure!

Be With Someone...

Thanks?

Two meals, five and a half hours, and multiple games of Mario Kart (and many expletives out of Marc’s mouth) later, everyone was getting ready to set off into the snow covered streets to head home. Pittsburgh had been hit hard with a winter storm and it was beginning to get dark. No one wanted to be driving home at night in this weather.

“I want you all to text me when you get home, okay?” Janine ordered as she hugged Rory. “And I mean everyone.” She stared at Max who had quickly become a pest to Janine.

“Why do you look at me, Jeanie?” he smirked hugging her.

“Because you seem to be the problem child of the group,” she squirmed to get out of his grasp, but Max held her firmly in a hug. “Help? Please?”

Kris punched Max in the shoulder and Janine danced out of Max’s grip.

“Thank you,” she said with a smile. “Now get out of here! I’ve spent way too much time with you all!”

“Ew,” Rory said. “Someone’s cranky.”

“Not cranky,” Janine shook her head. “Ready to sleep is more like it.”

“So cranky,” Sidney decided.

“Pretty much,” she agreed. “But seriously, get the fuck out of my house.”

Jordan and Marc gasped collectively.

“What?” Janine furrowed her brow.

“That is the first f-word I have heard come out of your mouth,” Jordan explained.

“You should hear her watching the games,” Rory laughed.

“Welcome to the club!” Marc shouted as he and Jordan embraced Janine.

It was a sight. Marc and Jordan both towered over six feet and even more so over Janine’s 5’6 frame. Rory snapped a picture.

“Um,” she backed away. “Thanks?”

****

Walking out of Janine’s apartment building, Kris felt around in his pockets for his phone.

“Merde,” he muttered. “I left my phone in her apartment.”

“Run up and get it,” Rory said. “She won’t care.”

“Isn’t she sleeping?” Kris asked.

Rory shook her head. “Janine’s just the slightest bit OCD when it comes to leaving things undone before sleeping. She’s probably loading the dishwasher or something.”

“Alright,” he nodded. “I’ll see you guys at the rink tomorrow.”

“I don’t know,” Sidney said. “With the way things are looking, practice might be cancelled. The snow looks like it’s picking up.”

“Be careful, everybody,” Heather shouted.

With words of ‘yeah’ and ‘no shit’, the majority of the team drove off. Kris made his way back up to Janine’s apartment in search of his iPhone.

Knocking on her door, he could hear music playing. Not getting an answer, he stepped back. Should he forget about his phone? No, it was too important. Trying the door knob, the door opened.

Taking one step over the threshold, he stopped. Should he call out and announce himself? Probably.

“Janine? It’s Kris. I couldn’t find your buzzer so I just came up.”

A head popped out of the kitchen door.

“Jesus,” she said. “I almost had a heart attack.”

“Sorry,” he blushed. “Your door was unlocked.”

“It’s fine. What’s up? Leave something here?” she cocked her head to the side.

Kris nodded. “My phone.”

Janine smiled. “Kitchen table.”

****

“It’s getting pretty bad out there,” Janine said looking out the window from the kitchen.

“It is,” Kris agreed. “I should probably be going.”

“Um,” Janine sighed. “Hate to break it to you, but it doesn’t look like you’re going anywhere.”

“What do you mean?”

“The electrical company is trying to get snow covered branches off of the wires and your car is right under them,” she explained. “You might be here a little while.”

“Well, shit,” Kris said. “I don’t want to impose.”

Janine laughed. “Trust me, compared to everyone else, you’re a model guest.”

“Thanks?” Kris smirked.

“C’mon,” Janine wiped her hands on a towel. “Let’s see how long this storm is going to last.”

Kris followed Janine into the living room where she proceeded to turn on the t.v. to a local news station.

“You can expect this storm to continue bringing snow your way throughout the night and most likely into tomorrow morning. On the bright side, temperatures should start heating up tomorrow afternoon, which will help get it all out of here,” the weatherman said.

“That really sucks,” Janine sighed.

And just as if it wasn’t bad enough, the lights flickered, once, twice, and a third time before going off all together.

“Now this,” Kris said. “Really, really sucks.”

“You’re telling me,” Janine sighed. “There are blankets in the hall closet along with some flashlights and candles. Grab those while I put on a hoodie or something.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Snowed In Pt. 1! I have the second part under way and it shouldn't take me too long to finish. Anyone liking this so far? Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!