Status: On Hiatus - Sorry!

I Love My Brother's Best Friend. How Cliché.

Chapter Six

“What the… fuck. Kayleigh! Jason! Upstairs, our bedroom! NOW!” My mom’s voice shook the house, waking everyone up instantly.
I heard my brother mumble under his breath, “Shit.”
Our parents had been in Connecticut for the past week taking care of our grandmother after brain surgery. They weren’t supposed to be home for two more days.
Upstairs in their room was terrifying. When my mom was pissed off there was no way to avoid it.
“What the hell guys? We leave the house for a week and a half and you trash the house with all your friends.” My dad said, less pissed than our mom but, you still wouldn’t want to fuck with him.
“It really wasn’t Kayleigh’s fault,” My brother started, “Her friends only stayed because mine were here first.”
“Is that true, Kayleigh?” My mother asked as all heads faced me.
“Um, yeah. We were just going to chill in the pool all day and Jay’s friends decided they were all staying for the night so, uh, my friends stayed too.” I said, looking down at my feet because I couldn’t stand it when everything was put on me, it made me anxious.
“Okay,” My mother began, “We’re not going to ground you or anything since summer just started but, please, ask before you have all your friends sleep over. And please, get them out of here and clean up downstairs.”
My brother and I walked downstairs, still extremely tired.
“Okay guys, everyone out!” Jason shouted a little too loud for this early.
I looked for my friends because I wanted to hang out with them later that day, “Devin, Tiler, wait!”
They stopped and looked at me, “Yeah?” They both said at the same time.
“After I help my brother clean I want to go to the beach, you guys down?” I asked, giving them the sweetest smile ever.
“Yeah, just not too late, my brother's coming home tonight,” Tiler said as she dug through her bag for her phone.
I motioned them towards the door, “Bye! See you guys later!”
I turned around to look at my brother so he could tell me where to start.
“What the hell is he still doing here?” I asked, looking at James smirking at me.
“Mom said it was okay. He’s helping us clean so we don’t spend all day doing it.” My brother had already started picking up cups, cans and plates from the living room floor and threw them in a huge black garbage bag.
I just grunted and headed into the kitchen because it was a disaster. Dishes piled high in the sink, flour still all over the floor from last night and pizza boxes with crumbs and the half eaten crusts all over the counter.
I started with the dishes first. All I had to do was rinse them and run the dishwasher, no big deal. I had it done within fifteen minutes. Then, I did the counters. Clear off, spray and wipe. Again, no big deal. The flour was the most annoying part. I had to vacuum it, then mop it then, move to the hallway and the bathroom.
Cleaning didn’t take so long, maybe an hour and a half at most. And, my brother had finished around the same time I did.
“Kay, what were your plans today? Me and James want to go to the beach with Jenna,” My brother told me. Jenna was my brother’s girlfriend. She was the sweetest person ever. I loved her. My brother was a horrible person before he met her but she changed him. He used to be big into drugs and as soon as he met her he stopped and has been clean ever since.
“Oh, Tiler, Devin and I were going to go chill at the beach, too. Would you mind driving us?” I asked him and I let out my cute, yet powerful puppy dog face.
“Ugh, fine,” he grunted, “You have fifteen minutes to get ready and call them, starting now!”
I rushed upstairs to my room to get ready. I put my hair in a high ponytail without caring how it looked and I put on my navy polka-dot bikini with a green crop top and shorts over it. I didn’t even bother doing my makeup because I didn’t need it melting off my face in the scorching sun.
Then as I walked downstairs I texted my friends, leaving to get you in 5 be outside xx
And, they both texted back with a simple ‘ok’.
“Jay! Hurry up!” I screamed upstairs to my brother who had taken longer than me to get ready.
Without replying my brother and James ran downstairs in their bathing suits and t-shirts.
And then we were out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is long and, I know the ending is weak but, I had to end it somewhere or it would just drag on.
Something big will happen in the next chapter though, I promise!