Status: On Hiatus - Sorry!

I Love My Brother's Best Friend. How Cliché.

Chapter Seven

The car ride to the beach was hell. My brother and Jenna took the two front seats, which left four people in the back. Devin and Tiler sat next to me on my left, which meant the devil himself was to my right.
“My god, Kayleigh, can you stay still for more than a second?” James snarled, since I was practically in his lap and, I kept wiggling because I was extremely uncomfortable.
“Well, maybe if your ass wasn’t so big we’d all be able to fit.” I snapped back, I was way too uncomfortable to deal with his insults.
“I have the big ass? Honey, I’ve seen your ass, it isn’t as small as you may think.” He said, giving me that infamous smirk of his.
“W-what, when and why were you staring at my ass?” I asked, flabbergasted.
He just let out a small chuckle and looked out the window.
We were about ten minutes from the beach and everyone was getting anxious. I really just wanted to feel the soft sand between my toes, smell the salt in the air and relax.
Finally, at the beach we were looking for a place to park because the place was mobbed.
“Oh! Jason! There’s a spot!” My brother’s girlfriend squeaked as she pointed to a spot that was literally a mile away from the beach.
“Ugh, too far,” Jason whined in response, “But, I guess it has to do because there are no spots closer.”
So, we parked the car, grabbed our stuff and walked. The walk was annoying but, the beach was amazing.
We found a spot on the far end of the beach right next to where the rocks started. Devin, Tiler, and I laid out a big sheet that we would all lay on to tan. My brother and Jenna shared a different sheet and, James had his own chair where he would sit alone.
“Guys, I wanna go in the water!” Tiler screamed excitedly.
Devin and her were already in their bathing suits and heading for the water, leaving me back so I could strip out of my clothes. And, as I did so James stared at me the whole time, which made me very uncomfortable so, I shot him a glare and he looked away.
I went down to the water where my friends were and it was absolutely wonderful. It was the perfect temperature and they waves weren’t too hard so, I didn’t have to worry about dying.
“Guys, this summer is going to be the best one yet!” I yelled over the sound of the water and screaming children.
“I know right!?” Devin shouted, “ And hopefully we’re not going to spend it single like every other year!”
I rolled my eyes, all she ever cared about was getting a boyfriend. I personally didn’t care if I was with a guy or not. I never had a real relationship so, I really didn’t know what I was apparently “missing out on”.
We stayed in the water for about forty-five minutes; we talked, laughed, collected sea shells, and just overall had a good time. We started heading back up to our sheet when I noticed my brother and Jenna were nowhere in sight. There was however, a very interesting yet disturbing sight.
There was James making out with the pizza girl from the night earlier. On our sheet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, this chapter was okay. I had writer's block through half of it so, I thought up what I could.
I'll try and get another chapter in tonight, depending what time I come home.