Don't Turn Off the Lights

Anna

A couple of days later Enrique's stuff came in a big truck. Conor and some other friends helped him carry the stuff to his room. And of course, that room happened to be next to mine. I was still pissed, so it didn't exactly make it any better when they put him in the room next to me. It had gone 4 days since our night, and he still hadn't said a word to me. Then again I hadn't said a word to him either. Nevertheless, he was around. He had returned the day after the morning he'd just disappeared, acting like nothing had happened. Had dinner with us, played video games in the living room with Conor, and even chatted up Cassie.

I shouldn't have been surprised, not at all. He was a womanizer, he was perfect, he got everything he pointed at. If he spotted a hot chick, that very chick would walk out of his bed, the morning after, guaranteed. Yet, he had a girlfriend. Some russian chick, apparently. No one gave much liking to her really. Rumors said she was just the way he was. Gorgeous, sexy, spoiled. Raised by a dad with more money than the president.

Manners were something he lacked. He'd seem like the nicest, loveliest, funniest guy, until he got his will. Then you could just forget having ever heard his name. After a night with him, he had never met you, according to several sources. But then again, he had a problem. We were now living in the same house. How long would he be able to ignore me here?

His friends left, and Conor joined them, and he was left in his room organizing. Cassie, of course, went out to meet some «girlfriends», as she called it. Whenever she'd met a guy, she was going out with her girlfriends. We all knew what she was doing. And there I was, left alone, in a house with a guy, who had fucked me over, so I played his act, like nothing had happened.

I went downstairs to the kitchen to make some dinner. In the middle of it all, I heard steps down the stairs. He was talking on the phone, in his mother tongue. Laughed out loud, and talked so fast I wondered how he managed to breathe in between the chattering. I guess it's natural. Kind of falls in place, when it's the language you grow up with. He headed for the fridge, and after a few seconds, shut the door and left for the living room. A few minutes later he returned. I didn't even move my eyes from the food. I stood still, acted like I was alone. Yet, I sensed him looking at me.

“What you makin'?” his sexy, accented voice let out.

I felt my rage boiling, and took a few seconds to reply, so I wouldn't be yelling. I coughed.

“Dinner.” I simply replied, not giving him the slightest of my attention.

“Enough for two?” he continued.

Why the hell would I want to cook for you, you son of a bitch? I thought to myself. Man, how I wanted to just smack him hard.

“Depends on how much you eat.”

He chuckled, I heard him walk over, and right there he was, standing behind me, looking down at the amount I was cooking.

“Looks good to me.” He said, right into my ear.

I didn't reply. I noticed he looked at the watch, and then turned back to me. I felt his hand suddenly stroking my tummy.

“We're alone all night, you know.” He whispered.

That was it. I pulled away from him and looked at him. I wasn't angry, I was furious.

“Who the hell do you think you are?!” I yelled.

He looked at me in shock, before he chuckled and walked up to me, grabbing my chin.

“Baby..” He started, leaning in to kiss me, before I pulled away again.
“What's wrong with you?!” I yelled again.

He chuckled again, trying to say something, before I interrupted.

“You think you can come here and just fuck me whenever you feel like it, and then just leave, and act like you don't know me? You haven't said one damn word to me in four days. Four fucking days! You just left like I was some fucking prostitute. You couldn't have said goodbye, or left a damn note?”

I stared at him, I hated him, yet I still wanted to just do him right where he stood. But I didn't respect myself that little. A few minutes passed, he just looked at me, his mouth trying to form words. Then he just shrugged, chuckled and left the room. He laid down on the couch, turned the TV on, and dialed a number on his phone.

I went back to my food, ate quickly. I was so disgusted, and hurt I had lost my appetite. I cleaned up and left the leftovers on the table. I walked past him in the living room.

“There's leftovers for you on the table.” I know he heard me, yet he didn't move from his position, he just continued watching TV. Not even a thank you. That was the least he could have done after just presuming I want to do him whenever he's feeling a little funny in his pants.

As I headed upstairs, the doorbell rang, I turned to take it, but he was already on his feet, as I had turned around. He opened up the door. And I just wanted to die right there. I now realized who he had called after I rejected him. The tall, gorgeous, blonde russian chick, was standing in my door. And she had his tongue down her throat before he even managed to close the door. I felt even more disgusted, and just turned to walk to my room. A few minutes later, they were in the room next to me. On his bed. I heard her moaning loudly, as I heard the bed banging against the wall.

That could have been me, I thought for a second. If it hadn't been for me, he never would have called you. Hah, I laughed to myself. That's how much he cares for you too, I thought. He's only out for one damn thing. I felt a little sorry for her too, for a moment, but then I remembered, she's just alike, so I forgot that thought. Found my favorite song and put it on maximum volume on my speakers, so I didn't have to listen to their sweating on each other.

When they finally finished, I turned off my music, and went for a nap. But I was wrong, they weren't finished, yet I didn't give a shit. I was going to nap anyway. I heard her yelling at him a little, before it finally stopped. After a while there were footsteps in the stairway. I fell asleep.

When I woke up, it was dark out. Damn it, I thought. I had slept too long. The time was showing 9:17 pm, I had slept for three and a half hours. Great. Cassie was probably home though, that was my saving. I grabbed my phone, pulled on some sweatpants and a thin, white tank top and headed downstairs. On my way down the stairs I put my hair up. I stopped in the middle of the staircase. It was so quiet. Cassie was never quiet, and she'd never go to bed early.

It scared me, if something had gone wrong with Cassie and her friend, hell would be loose. I pulled my phone up from my pocket to call her, when I noticed an unread message. It was from Cassie, she was staying for the night with her friend. Perfect. I didn't answer, I just continued to walk down the stairs. I hoped he had gone out with his russian beauty, or met some of friends. I prayed to god he wouldn't be there.

I entered the kitchen, no cheating spaniard there. Without further thinking I headed for the bathroom. It was unlocked, so I ripped the door open. I guess I was rather shocked, having thought I was alone, so I stood there for a few seconds, before I shut the door. There he was, showering. Naked. He had only looked at me for a bare second, before he continued. He didn't care if I saw anything. This guy knew he was hot.

So I walked back to the kitchen, and noticed the leftovers were gone, and there was another dirty plate in the sink. He had ate it. Was good, wasn't it? Yet you couldn't thank me? Bitch. I thought, doing the few dishes there were, right away. Our dish washer was broken, so hurray, lots of yummy dishes every day. I was getting used to it. Didn't really bother me. Conor, surprisingly were better at doing it, than Cassie. Cassie was like the child in the house, it was all like me and Conor were her parents, and she was the loose teenage daughter. Of course, until the spaniard came along, and ruined our happy life.
I had known Cassie and Conor my whole life, and trusted them with it too. Even though they were crazy in their own ways, they were loyal, good friends. My best choice, moving in with them. I had also thought it would be plain sailing, and idyllic having the spaniard living with us, but man, was I wrong. I had known him a week, and he was already a pain in the ass. This would be fun.

After a while, he exited the bathroom, he was wearing sweatpants, only sweatpants. His bare chest and stomach looked incredibly cuddly and inviting, yet I pulled my eyes away from him and got my laptop, my glasses, and sat down by the kitchen table.

He got something to drink, as he suddenly spoke up.

“The food was good” he simply said before he closed the fridge and leaned against it looking at me.

“I know” I said, not looking up. He chuckled. I had work to do, and didn't bother continuing the conversation. I was not going to let him use and play me, like all the other chicks he did that to.

He chuckled again, before he walked over and sat down at the table, in front of me.

“Too bad you didn't say hi to Anna, you shouldn't be so rude.” He said, smiling in a way, only he knew, at me.

What the fuck? I instantly thought, I was being rude?

“Oh, I'm sorry, you were too busy having your tongue down her throat for me to make an effort” I smiled back in disgust. He laughed out loud.

“She's really beautiful, don't think I've ever met someone that beautiful” He continued looking around, before looking at me again.

I didn't reply, and this annoyed him, I noticed. That felt good.

“Don't you think?” He asked, leaning back in his chair.

I laughed, and looked up at him.

“Obviously, she isn't beautiful enough to make you keep your dick in your pants for other girls.” I smiled, looking at him.

He smiled back.

“I said she was beautiful, didn't say she was worth keeping.” He chuckled, before he got to his feet, and but the empty bottle on the counter.

“That's going in the plastic bag behind the door.” I quickly said. I hated when people didn't keep that rule. He looked at me, before following my order.

He had lost this one, yet he didn't give up. He walked up to me, and looked down at my screen.

“What are you doin?” He asked.

I pulled the lid down. “That's none of your business, I'm concerned.”

He looked at me, shocked. I don't think he'd ever been treated like this before. And I loved it. I loved seeing him react like this. I loved not being the typical girl, falling to her knees, obeying his every need.

And then, a familiar face entered the door.

“Hey, people, what's up!” Conor yelled, as he ran into the kitchen greeting us.

Finally.