Music Sounds Better With You

Introduction

“It’s just, Tommy, that we feel we would do better at a larger record label. Trust me, you are wonderful, and without you, we wouldn’t be where we are today, but we have to do what’s best for our careers since T. M. Records cannot financially support us.”

Three girls sat in the office of Tommy Macchino. They were slightly nervous, which could easily be seen by their leg shaking, fingernail biting, and hair twirling habits. Tommy sat across the desk from them, a slight frown etched on his lips but a look of understanding in his eyes. He knew it was only a matter of time before the girls left. Their career had blown up in such a short amount of time, that his small record label was dishing out more money than receiving it to put these three girls on the map. They were wonderful, really, and he looked to them as the daughters he never had. They were smart, funny, beautiful, and very talented. He remembers discovering them singing together in a karaoke bar. All the men had their eyes glued to them as they sang and danced slightly to the TLC song that was chosen. When he approached them afterwards, they looked completely shocked. He smiled softly at the memory.

Crystal. “Chris” is what pretty much everyone called her. She was the ‘leader’ of their little group. By leader, he meant that she took charge of every project that they ever had. She wrote the songs, with the help of the girls in some parts, and made sure they were on time for everything. They did not need a manager (though they got one), considering Crystal handled everything. She had a knack for sarcasm and cracking random jokes to make people laugh. She was also the one to come to for advice. She always gave out amazing advice on different topics, but never followed it herself…much to the other girl’s annoyance. She didn’t sing as much as MaKayla or Cherish, but her behind the scene contributions are what makes or breaks the group. Without her, they probably wouldn’t be where they are today. She is like the mother of the three.

MaKayla. “Kayla” was her nickname. She was the ‘tom boy’ of the trio. She was a tad bit immature, but who wasn’t? She loved beef jerky, laughing, creating the music behind the lyrics that they wrote, and just being her. Her style was edgier than Crystal’s and Cherish’s because she hated wearing heels, skirts, dresses and shorts. The stylists had to force her to wear the clothes they picked out, but after some encouragement from Crystal and some annoyed words from Cherish, she finally stopped putting up a huge fight on wearing the womanly outfits. Now, the stylists let her pick most of her outfits.

Cherish. “Cherry” is what all of her closet friends and family called her. She was the entertainment of the band. She was smart, but had really really slow moments. She was also the boy crazy one. Every other week she had another boy on her arm. She could be a bitch sometimes, but she was generally a nice person. Once you get on her bad list tough, you have some serious ass kissing to do. Ask Joe Jonas. They dated for two months (Cherish’s longest relationship…ever.) and he decided one night to just randomly break up with her via text. Let’s just say the next day he had a black eye and no one knew where he got it from. She always spoke how she was feeling and doesn’t attempt to start drama. It just follows her…well at least that is what she says.

Both Cherish and MaKayla were close to Crystal, but when it came to each other, they didn’t mesh well. Conflicting attitudes and views on various topics caused them to clash heads a lot, but they still loved one another.

“I completely understand, girls. Actually, the label is dishing out more money than receiving it to put you girls on the map.” The girls glanced at each other, frowning a bit before Kayla spoke up.

“You’re not mad, are you?” Tommy stood up from his desk and walked around it to lean against it in front of the girls. He gave a small smile to them all while shaking his head. “Of course I’m not mad. You have to do what you have to do, plus I feel privileged to know such wonderful women as yourselves. You are like the daughters I never had, and I will never regret meeting any of you. You know that if you every need me, I am here for you. Oh, and I won’t sue you for breaking your contract early. It’s almost over anyway.” He said. The girls smiled at one another before getting up to hug him. Kayla’s hug was the longest. She had no family, so Tommy was the closest thing to a father she has.

“We love you!” Cherish said loudly, causing us all to chuckle through our watering eyes.

We had to move on, and even if it hurt to leave Tommy behind, we had to do what is best for Thrill.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hello there. Yes I am starting yet another story haha except this is a cowrite between me, spikeskyogirl and our friend Ladydepp_Jay. I'll try to post chapter one up soon then MaKayla is going to post, then Nora. I really hope you like this story. The plot is amazing, and its a tad bit more mature than what you will think of the show.

Enjoy!

oh and textures for the backgrounds are by http://skylineillusions.net/