Status: Three chapters in one night? SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO WAIT? This is sorta my way for apologizing for the lag in between chapters. I'm sorry to say this, but there might be some more lag to come. Hopefully not, though. I'll do my best :D

Running From Lightning

Chapter Three

Harry and I left Umbridge’s office an hour later. I pulled him over to an empty classroom and whipped out my wand.
“I can’t believe that toad,” Harry grumbled. “She even made us miss classes.”
I pointed my wand at my left hand which now had “I Will Respect” carved deep into it.
“Vulnera Sanentur,” I muttered. Immediately my hand stung and burned. The pain was so intense it actually brought me to my knees. I felt Harry’s hands on my shoulder and I saw the blurry image of his face in front of mine.
“I’m fine!” I choked out. “I had a feeling that was going to happen…”
“What was that spell?” Harry asked quietly, trying to help me to my feet.
“It was supposed to heal deep cuts and gashes… but I had a feeling Umbridge wouldn’t make it that easy.”
“… I guess this sort of explains why you’re taking advanced classes.”
“I’m not, though.” I sighed.
“What do you mean? A first year taking fifth year classes? That’s pretty advanced.”
“I’m-!” I turned and started walking to the Great Hall for lunch. “Never mind…”

Lunch was fairly quiet until Ron and Hermione trotted over.
“Bloody Hell, you took your time!” Ron said.
“It’s not my fault, Umbridge kept Harry and I until a little while before lunch.” I pulled the sleeve of my robe over the cut on my left hand. No reason for them to worry.
“What class do you have next?” Hermione asked, taking a seat next to me.
I opened my notebook and checked. “Transfiguration with Slytherin,” I said. I noticed Ron looking over my shoulder. I quickly shut the book.
“Right, so…” Ron said, sitting by Hermione, “you never told us how you got sorted before.”
“I don’t want to talk about it.” I muttered.
“Come on, we’re friends, right?”
I looked away, and then suddenly I realized something was odd.
“Where’s Harry?”
Ron and Hermione turned and looked at each other.
“He said he just had to go to the bathroom,” they both said.
I could tell by the look on their faces that they were worried. I frowned.
“Have you lot had a class with Umbridge yet?”
I turned to see to identical gingers strut over to where we were sitting. Fred and George, I was guessing. I’d heard a bit from Albus about them.
“Yeah, she’s awful; gave Harry and Ariana detention straight away.” Ron said.
“I’m guessing this is Ariana?” the twin on the left said, looking at me. I gave a nod.
“We’ve heard a bit about you. We had potions before lunch. Snape said your potion exploded in your fa-?”
“Malfoy,” I said through clenched teeth.
“Doesn’t surprise me, really… he’s always been such a prick.”
“I’m Fred by the way,” the twin on the left said.
“So the other one’s George?” I asked before he could introduce himself.
“So you’ve heard of us? Has our lovely little brother talked about us?” George smiled.
“No, I… I heard about you from Dumbledore.”
“Really?” The twins seemed genuinely surprised.
I nodded.
“You don’t seem to talk much, do you?” Fred laughed.
I blushed.
"So what happened with Umbridge?" George asked, sitting down beside Fred who seated himself next to me.

"She made us do lines." I groaned, "I had to write 'I will respect' over and over again. Harry had to write 'I must not tell lies'."

"At least it was just lines." Fred sighed, grabbing a chicken leg from the bowl in front of him.

I turned around when I heard snickering from the Slytherin table.

"Green was a better color on you then red!" Malfoy smirked, his clan of goons instantly started bursting into tears from laughing so much. I realized my cheeks were bright red and I turned to look at the ground.

"Bugger off, Malfoy!” The twins shouted in unison.
“Don’t pay attention to Malfoy,” Hermione said. I nodded in agreement, but despite that, tears started to blur my eyes. I didn’t realize I was that sensitive.
“Yeah, don’t listen to him, he’s a git.” George said, patting me on the back.
“Picking on a first year like that…” Ron said, shaking his head.
“You shouldn’t be talking, Ronald!” Hermione said.
“What did I do?”
“I should probably get going to class…” I said, grabbing my stuff and hurrying out the hall before anyone could see the tears. I felt pathetic.

The rest of the classes were over in a blur. I went back to the common room feeling worn out. I didn’t want to talk to anyone else.
I sat in the common room, my blue notebook in my lap. I flipped to one of the back pages where I had a few ideas for potions, some spells, and charms. None of them would be helpful, so I kept flipping through pages. I put a little bit of everything in it. Albus gave it to me two years ago. I had barely even filled it up.

"Hello Ariana." Luna smiled and sat on the floor by the fireplace
"Hello Luna." I said, shutting my notebook.

"I heard what happened to you in Potions today..." Luna sighed, "That is just awful. I think they have too many Jibs in the dungeons." She leaned closer to me. “They cause all types of mischief.”

"Potions was awful..." I trailed off. I stared at the fire, thinking. Everyone thought I was just a first year. I couldn't tell anyone that there was more to it. Albus didn't want me to. It was probably for the best though. They would think I was weird. Or crazy.

"Ariana, I think someone sent you a letter.... it’s Fawkes." Luna sighed as she got up and walked to where the window was and pushed it open. A large red phoenix stood on the window-ledge.

I stood up and walked over and took the letter. I stared at Luna when she looked down at me and refused to walk away. She just smiled down at me, waiting for the letter to be opened. I hated looking like a defenseless first year. If I didn't look like one, I could give Malfoy a piece of my mind.

"Luna, I can open a letter by myself." I stated. Luna nodded and turned and went to seat herself by the fireplace. I shook my head in disbelief. Luna was a nice girl, despite how strange she was.

Ariana,

I would like you to come to my office as soon as possible. The password is acid pop.

~Albus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another great collaborated chapter :D
(I did quite a bit... xD-- MitsyRoar)