Status: Three chapters in one night? SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO WAIT? This is sorta my way for apologizing for the lag in between chapters. I'm sorry to say this, but there might be some more lag to come. Hopefully not, though. I'll do my best :D

Running From Lightning

Chapter Six

I made my way slowly to Albus's office, replaying the encounter with Fred and George in my head;

"What in the WORLD were you two doing in there?" Hermione had demanded.
"A little experiment," George had said as he magicked the smoke away.
"A little experiment? Where did the smoke come from?" Hermione shrieked. I figured the twins had scared her a bit.
"Well, a lot of stuff can go wrong when you're using magic--" George started.
"--Most of the time it tends to explode in your face--" Fred continued.
"-- So I guess you could say that just happened quite literally." They finished together.
Hermione opened her mouth to say something in reply, but then quickly stopped herself. She let out a huff of frustration.
"I don't know if you should be questioning our suspiciousness so much anyways, Hermione." Fred said.
"Yeah, with the mirror of Erised being behind you and all." said George.
They both took a step towards the mirror, and then looked at Hermione. When they noticed Hermione looked as if she was about ready to lecture them, they turned to me.
"Albu-- I mean, Dumbledore asked us to move it here."
They raised their eyebrows and then looked back over to the mirror.
"You want to look, don't you?" I had asked quietly.
"Well, I'm guessing you and Hermione had a peek, right?"
"Well, yes but--"
"And what did you see?"
I went quiet. They would make fun of me.
"I guess it's only fair that we take a look, right George?"
George nodded and they stepped in front of the mirror.
"I don't see--"
"Only one at a time." Hermione said curtly.
The twins looked at each other and then came to the silent decision that Fred would go first. As soon as George stepped away, Fred's eyes widened.
"What do you see?" I asked quickly.
"I don't think it's fair that you don't tell me what you saw, and I tell you what I see." Fred said, a smile crossing his face. He hadn't turned to look at me. He just kept looking in the mirror.
"My turn?" George asked. Fred nodded and stepped away as George took his place. The mirror had a similar effect on him.
"Blimey..." George had muttered, shaking his head as he stepped away.
"So, you're just leaving it here?" Asked Fred.
"Dumbledore said this is where he wanted it." Hermione said.
"Right well... we should get back to work." George said. Hermione glared at the both of them, but they just smiled in reply.

"Acid pop,"
Up the stairs.
Open the door.
Nobody there.
I walked over to Albus's desk and sat down in the seat adjacent to it. I figured that Albus was off doing work somewhere else. He'd be back soon.
After a couple of minutes, I noticed that there was a letter opened on Albus's desk. It was signed by Narcissa Malfoy. I stared at it for a moment, debating with myself whether or not I should read it. Of course, my curiosity got the better of me and I picked up the letter. I noticed there were seals protecting the letter. I supposed Narcissa wanted to make sure that no one but Albus opened it. This made me pause for a moment longer.
I started to read.

How is she? Is her first year at Hogwarts alright so far? Has she met Draco? Has he made a good impression? Sorry that I can't be more formal with this letter. Only a little time left before Lucius returns. I also apologize for all of the questions, but with her being my daughter... well, I suppose you understand. I need to make sure your promise to keep Ariana away from the Dark Lord is still stable. Thank you again for looking after her. I cannot ever stop thanking you.
-- Narcissa Malfoy
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know... sorry. :c