Status: Three chapters in one night? SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO WAIT? This is sorta my way for apologizing for the lag in between chapters. I'm sorry to say this, but there might be some more lag to come. Hopefully not, though. I'll do my best :D

Running From Lightning

Chapter Nine

"Yes, that's it. Wake up, love, it's fine."
My eyes flickered open. Madam Pomphrey was leaning over me, smiling.
"That was a bit of a scare you gave Professor Dumbledore, Ariana. That was very dangerous." she said.
I nodded and then quickly winced in pain. My entire body was aching.
"Rest up and try not to move too much. Your body is still trying to repair itself. You lost quite a bit of blood as well, so I'd like it if you'd drink this blood replenishing potion,"
She lifted a red flask to my mouth, and I graciously accepted the drink, despite how nasty it was. It tasted like iron.
"How did...?" I started weakly. She smiled.
"Myrtle felt like she had seen enough, so she went and told Professor Dumbledore."
"Myrtle? But... she seemed like she was enjoying herself."
"She's not as cruel as everyone credits her to be."
Madam Pomphrey walked away, leaving me alone. I slowly drifted back into sleep.
---
"We have rights as her friends!"
"I can't let you see her! She's-not-fit-to-see-anyone."
"I-don't-care."
"Mr. Potter, I'd advise you and your friends to go back to classes."
"Madam Pomphrey, please-"
"What don't you understand?"
A pause.
"... when we will be able to...?"
"Perhaps tomorrow. She needs some more time to gain some strength back."
---
"This is so weird. She's..."
There was a short silence. Someone took a deep breath.
"Professor Dumbledore said she had been through quite a bit."
"I feel like that's an understatement."
My eyes slowly forced their way open. Harry, Hermione, and Ron were all sitting around me. When they saw that I was awake, they all smiled.
"What’s…?”
"Luna's coming later. She said she needed to do something." Hermione said.
I forced myself to sit up. I was still feeling a little achy.
"So, how long have I been in here?"
"Almost four days." Ron said.
"Woah... and I've been passed out for that long?"
"We don't know. Madam Pomphrey hasn't let us in until today, and even then we had to see Dumbledore first so he could explain the situation. I guess we sort of know why, now." Harry said.
"... do I look that beat up?"
Their eyes widened.
"You haven't noticed yet."
"Noticed what?"
Harry and Ron looked at each other.
"What?" I repeated.
"Well... that potion you-" Hermione started delicately.
"Do I look like a troll? Do I have a third hand sticking out my back? Is my hair green? What went wrong?"
"Well... nothing did, actually…" Hermione continued, still using her delicate voice.
It was my turn to be surprised.
"I… I look my age? I’m actually 14?"
They all nodded. A smile crept across my face.
"Don't get too excited," Hermione said quickly. "That was a nasty potion you made. It drained a lot out of you. Madam Pomphrey said you'll be stuck in here for a while."
"But we'll try and visit often," Harry assured me.
"No more visitors!" I heard Madam Pomphrey say down the hallway.
"Don't get your nickers in a twist."
"Yeah, blimey. Can't let anyone whose sick have any company, can we?"
"I never!" Madam Pomphrey cried. I heard her angry footsteps storm away.
I knew who was visiting. I began to panic. I pulled the covers over my head.
"What's gotten into you?" Asked Ron.
"Tired," I lied.
"We can leave, if you want." Said Hermione.
"What? She's about to fall asleep? We just got here!" I heard one of the twins say.
Hermione was quiet. I was hoping with all my might that she would help me out.
"Did she get messed up pretty bad?" A twin asked worriedly.
"Actually--ow, Hermione!" cried Ron. I guess she elbowed him pretty hard.
"She needs her rest, we should all leave." Hermione stated.
"Do you WANT us to go?" Ron asked.
"... Hermione can stay..." I said quietly from under the covers.
"What, you don't want to see us?" I heard a twin say indignantly.
"No, I don't think that's it." Hermione said quickly. "She probably just wants to ask me about homework or something. I also personally believe you two might be a little much for her. She just woke up."
"What? We wouldn't do anything--"
I could tell Hermione was giving them the death stare.
"Alright. We'll visit again tomorrow, Ariana." a twin said.

I listened to them shuffle out. As soon as I heard the door close, I pulled the covers down from my face.
"You are a life saver, Hermione."
Hermione gave a little smile, and then quickly became serious.
"Why didn't you want to see them?"
I blushed immediately. "I just... I don't know how I look, and I... I just... I dunno, I guess I'm just not ready for them to see me look like... well, like how I'm supposed to."
Hermione gave me a reassuring smile. "You look amazing, Ariana. You don't need to worry about that. What you should be worrying about is getting your energy back. I have your homework if you want it," she pulled her bag up onto her lap. "I somehow managed to get Draco to tell me your potions homework. You'll have to pay me back some time for that."
I gave a weak smile. Draco was another obstacle I still had to face. I hadn't told anyone about the fact that I was Draco's sister yet. I couldn't bring myself to. Whenever I thought about it I felt sick to my stomach.
"Uh, thanks Hermione. You can leave the homework here. I'll see if I can get a start on it."
"The notes are in the black notebook," Hermione said cheerfully, standing up. She started walking out when she paused.
"You know," she said, "the twins looked really worried."
Something stirred in my stomach. I wasn’t quite sure what it was, but for some reason… it made me feel… happy.
"Thank you, Hermione." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
See? Two chapters in one night? This is what happens when you wait :D