Reasons

One Shot!!

I cuddled up close to Harry and sighed happily. My eyes shut and I tried to fall asleep, but no matter how hard I tried, sleep just wouldn’t come.

“Harry?” I whispered, tightening my arms around his middle.

“Yeah?” he whispered back.

“You still awake?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

“Yes.” he chuckled. “Wanna watch a movie?”

“Sure.” I said, jumping off my bed and selecting This Means War before climbing back into bed. I started the movie and Harry cuddled up close to me. His arm wrapped around my middle and my back rested against his chest. The movie quietly played and Harry kissed the side of my head.

“Anna?” his gruff voice whispered. I turned to look at him and smiled. His green eyes stared down at me. He licked his thin lips and pushed my dark hair out of my eyes. “I love you.” he said kissing me softly. “I always will.”

I grinned and kissed him again. “I love you too.”

“Remember our first date?” he questioned, a spark in his eyes.

“Of course.” I giggled.

~*~
I nervously plaited my dark hair before outlining my brown eyes with liner. I then smeared some mascara on my top lashes before smoothing down my sundress. I slipped my flats on and grabbed my purse.

“Bye Sam!” I yelled to my roommate before walking down to the corner café.

“Anna! The usual?” Mike the bistro asked, preparing my caramel mocha late before I could answer. I smiled my thanks before paying him and taking my normal seat.

I kept my eyes on the door as I waited for Harry to come. My lips blew into the lid of my warm late before I took a sip, letting it heat up my body.

My fingers drummed a beat on the cool wooden table top as I shifted in my seat. I nervously glanced up at the clock and saw he was ten minutes late.

No big deal, ten minutes isn’t too bad.

I took another sip a few minutes later. Before I knew it my cup was empty. I looked at the clock again.

He was forty minutes late.

That jerk stood me up.

I frowned to myself as my hands folded around my cool cup and swirled around the last bits of my late before standing up. My feet angrily made their way over to the garbage and I threw away the empty cup. I can’t believe I got all dolled up for nothing! I tugged at my hair before waving goodbye to Mike and pushing my way out of the café.

“Wait! Anna!” A low voice called, grabbing my arm and stopping me. “I’m so sorry I’m late. I really lost track of time.”

I whipped around and there Harry was, his green eyes staring down at me begging for forgiveness. I bit my lip and sighed.

“Well, at least you’re here now.”


~*~
Harry sighed as he rolled onto his side and looked at me. The movie flicked across the screen as he rested his head on his hand and grinned. “I’m so lucky you gave me a chance.”

“Yeah you are.” I laughed. He licked his lips and leaned into my hand as I brushed his curls back. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” he mumbled, his eyes closing slightly. I rubbed my thumb on circles on his cheek and he hummed happily.

“Why though?” I whispered, suddenly becoming insecure. I bit my lip and watched as he suddenly sat up.

“Why you ask?!” he declared reaching over and grabbing one of my books from college. He quickly opened to the first page and cleared his throat as he pretended to read. “Reasons why Harry Loves Anna. Number one. Harry loves the way that Anna laughs.”

As he read it his long fingers stretched out and tickled my sides, causing laughter to erupt from my lips.

“Harry loves the way Anna kisses.” he read aloud before crashing his lips to mine. “and he loves the way she looks as she sleeps.”

Tears formed in my eyes as he continued.

“Harry loves the way Anna eats, and the way she combs her hair.” his eyes scanned up to mine as a small smile formed on his lips. “Harry loves the fact that Anna waited. And how her walls broke down.”

The tears slowly slipped down my cheeks as he continued, his hand reaching over to lace his fingers with mine.

“Harry loves the way she cuddles and the feeling in his stomach that he gets when Anna says his name.” His thumb grazed my knuckles before bringing them up to his lips for a gentle kiss. “But Harry loves the most is the sickly feeling he gets as he waits for Anna to answer the question that Harry’s been waiting to ask since she first said ‘at least you’re here now.’”

He put the book down and reached between his side of the bed and the wall, pulling out a small Tiffany’s Blue box. My free hand jumped up to my mouth as I gasped.

“And that question Harry has been desperately waiting to ask is Anna, will you marry me?” he finished, opening the ring box and looking into my eyes. His tongue swept over his lips again, he stopped breathing and the world stood still.

“Oh god yes Harry!” I exclaimed, letting my hand reach forward and grab his face for a kiss. “Yes I’ll marry you!” I said between the kisses. I could feel his lips smirk against mine before he pulled away and slid the ring onto my finger.

He picked the book up and flipped the page over. “Harry loves the fact that Anna said yes, and loves the fact that she’ll be his wife. Harry cannot wait to love more than Anna, but to love their family. The one they make together.”

“You’re so cheesy.” I laughed, allowing Harry to fling the book over his shoulder and pull me back in for a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for my lovely friend Anna! I hope you all like it! Please comment!!! <3